30th Anniversary BBC and Electron Collection

contribute new/updated software missing from online archives
Michael Brown

30th Anniversary BBC and Electron Collection

Post by Michael Brown »

Back in late 1983 / early 1984, I started collecting BBC Micro games from friends and shops and started storing them on 40 track and soon after, 80 track floppy discs.
The 40 track single sided discs contained just 6 games per disc due to space limitations. Three of these 40 track discs would then later be made into one 80 track double sided disc.
The 80 track discs contained 18 games per disc (normally 9 games per side due to space limitations).
Over the years I have been able to copy the 80 track discs to my PC and also with the help of forum members, repair/replace any faulty games and also add any missing loaders that have since been found.
Lastly, I have now been able to add many instructions to these games from either the original inlays or from other sources such as adverts or even posts on this forum and will try to post a message about them with each disc posted. Also, some games have had special loading screens and/or instructions that look professional added to them and as a result, it could be wrongly assumed that some of these games were released as they now look on these discs, so I will try to post a message detailing where any special loading screens and/or instructions have been created.

So...

After a long time in the re-mastering stage... here is Games Disc 001.
Disc001.zip
(142.9 KiB) Downloaded 1013 times
The disc is called Disc001.dsd so it can be loaded into a Datacentre on a real BBC without having to rename it.
It was originally created back in May 1984.

Upon loading the menu via Shift+Break, the title "BBC Micro and Electron Games Disc 001" will be displayed along with a selection of 18 games from A to R.

If you press S, the sound will be turned off and the menu will say "Sound Off" and will then allow selection of a game. (Please note that some games may turn the sound back on again upon loading).

If you press T, the page will be moved down one line and the menu will say "*TV255". (Please note that some games may select *TV0 or other *TV settings upon loading).

If you press ESCAPE in the menu (on this disc only), a "Help Menu" will be loaded. This menu will explain just about everything you will need to know about the software contained on this disc and all the other discs posted after it.

The 18 games on this disc include...

Q-Man from MRM Software.
Snapper (AKA Pacman) (V2) from Acornsoft Limited.
Killer Gorilla from Micro Power.
Space Adventure from Pro Software.
Planetoid (AKA Defender) from Acornsoft Limited.
Felix In The Factory (Hack) from Micro Power.
Cylon Attack (STD) from A & F Software Ltd.
Missile Control from Gemini Games.
Rocket Raid from Acornsoft Limited.
Hunchback from Superior Software.
Swoop from Micro Power.
Monsters from Acornsoft Limited.
Banana Man from MRM Software.
Demon Decorator (AKA Painter) from Micro Power.
Super Invaders from Acornsoft Limited.
Bug Blaster from Alligata Software.
Zany Kong from Solar Soft.
Meteors from Acornsoft Limited.

NOTE: Demon Decorator stores code at &3D2 and &3D6 (tape protection?) causing possible deliberate graphics faults when copied to disc. This version has been amended to include the code at &3D2 and &3D6 and the game works correctly. It also features a added "PRESS SPACE TO CONTINUE" on page 2 of the instructions to allow you time to read them (due to running from disc instead of tape).
Lastly, Bug Blaster has had its "Up" and "Down" keys changed for better use under emulation with a QWERTY keyboard.

RE-RELEASES: Both Q-Man and Banana Man from MRM were later re-released by Blue Ribbon.
Also, Snapper is the re-released version and not the original Pac-Man version that was withdrawn. It was also re-released by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 7" compilation.
Also, Killer Gorilla was re-released by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 3" compilation.
Also, Space Adventure from Pro Software was also released by Virgin Games.
Also, Planetoid was originally released as Defender but withdrawn. It was re-released by Superior as part of "The Acornsoft Hits Volume 1" compilation.
Also, Felix In The Factory from Micro Power was re-released as part of their "Micro Power Magic II" compilation.
Also, Hunchback was re-released by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 6" compilation. It was also released by Ocean for the Acorn Electron.
Also, Monsters was re-released by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 11" compilation.
Lastly, Bug Blaster from Alligata was also released as part of their "Fistful Of Fun" compilation. It was later re-released by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 5" compilation. It was also re-released by Blue Ribbon.

HACKED GAMES: Felix In The Factory from Micro Power has been hacked to feature its original keys and also allow you to choose the ZX*? key layout for QWERTY keyboards instead.
Also, Cylon Attack has been hacked to allow you to save your score/position to a blank disc instead of a blank tape.

INSTRUCTIONS: The instructions for Snapper, Killer Gorilla, Planetoid, Felix In The Factory, Rocket Raid, Hunchback, Swoop, Monsters, Super Invaders, Bug Blaster, Zany Kong and Meteors were not part of their original tape releases and were created from their inlays.

EASTER EGGS: If you press ESCAPE during some of the loaders and instructions, you can skip to loading the game... This only works on Cylon Attack.

It is 30 years or so since these games were first copied to my first games disc, and every game on this disc has since been re-mastered from original sources. In many cases, instructions from the inlays have also been included and grammar errors corrected.

All original filenames have been kept where possible, but some have been changed where they conflict with the limitations of the Disc Filing System. Copy protection routines have been removed.
This disc has also been checked for *KEY related issues and is OK.

A lot of the hard work which has gone into these discs would not have been possible without the valuable help from the various forum members supplying instructions, checking grammar and correcting mistakes found in the original source material.

Regards,
Mick.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Fri May 06, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 111 times in total.
leenew

Re: 30th Anniversary BBC and Electron Collection

Post by leenew »

Cheers Mick 8)
30 years, seems like yesterday :D

Don't forget to update the "wanted" lists for instructions and UEF's etc.

Lee.
Dave Footitt

Post by Dave Footitt »

Nice one Mick

It loads into my emulator but a real DataCentre gives me "Image too long" when I try to *IMPORT it #-o
leenew

Post by leenew »

Hmmm... Don't know what's up there Dave??
It loads and plays fine here.
What version datacentre is it? a v1 board or a v2?
I don't know if that makes any difference though :lol:
MARK!!

Lee.
richardtoohey

Post by richardtoohey »

Dave Footitt wrote:It loads into my emulator but a real DataCentre gives me "Image too long" when I try to *IMPORT it #-o
I'm not in front of a BBC with DC (12,000 miles away from mine) - but are you using the -D02 flag (if that's the right one!)

You'll need

*IMPORT -D02 name.DSD

... something like that.
Dave Footitt

Post by Dave Footitt »

Ah right, d'oh

Yeah it's:

Code: Select all

*IMPORT -02 DISC001.DSD
Then it works :oops:
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

There will be a lot of posts of games discs here and some of these will get re-posted as things like loaders and inlay instructions become available in the future.
Also, there will be re-posts of games discs if faults are found which get fixed by kind forum members.

In order to avoid confusion, I will remove any of my posts that feature issues that have long since been resolved.

Hopefully other forum members will do the same.

Regards,
Mick.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

After a long time in the re-mastering stage... here is Games Disc 002.
Disc002.zip
(143.5 KiB) Downloaded 986 times
The disc is called Disc002.dsd so it can be loaded into a Datacentre on a real BBC without having to rename it.
It was originally created back in June 1984.

Vortex from Software Invasion.
Arcadians from Acornsoft Limited.
Frogger (AKA Froggy) from Superior Software.
Star Soccer (AKA Five-A-Side-Socca) (Cassette 17) (2P) from IJK Software Ltd.
Felix And The Fruit Monsters from Micro Power.
Starship Command from Acornsoft Limited.
Canyon Battle from BBC Soft.
Road Runner from Superior Software.
Dogfight (2P) from Opus Software/Slogger Software.
Hopper from Acornsoft Limited.
Blagger from Alligata Software.
Chuckie Egg from A & F Software Ltd.
Centipede (AKA Centibug) from Superior Software.
Snooker (2P) from Acornsoft Limited.
Alien Swirl from Micro Power.
Spectipede (AKA Spectapede) (Hack) from Mastertronic Limited.
Galaxians (AKA Galaxy Birds) from Superior Software.
Carousel (AKA Carnival) from Acornsoft Limited.

NOTE: Star Soccer and Dogfight have had some of their keys changed for better use under emulation with a QWERTY keyboard.

RE-RELEASES: Both Frogger and Galaxians were also released as Froggy and Galaxy Birds.
Also, Arcadians and Starship Command were re-released by Superior as part of "The Acornsoft Hits Volume 2" compilation.
Also, Hopper was re-released by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 6" compilation.
Lastly, Blagger from Alligata was also released as part of their "Chartbuster" compilation. Also, it was later enhanced and re-released by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 12" compilation.

HACKED GAMES: Felix And The Fruit Monsters from Micro Power has been hacked to feature its original keys and also allow you to choose the ZX*? key layout for QWERTY keyboards instead.
Also, Spectipede from Mastertronic was released on the BBC Micro with the incorrect name of "Spectapede". This version has the correct spelling of its name and has also had a scoring error fixed twice - thanks to fellow Forum members.

INSTRUCTIONS: The instructions for Arcadians, Felix And The Fruit Monsters, Starship Command, Hopper, Blagger, Snooker, Spectipede and Carousel were not part of their original tape releases and were created from their inlays.

EASTER EGGS: If you press ESCAPE during some of the loaders and instructions, then you can skip to loading the game... This works on Vortex, Starship Command, Canyon Battle, Chuckie Egg and Alien Swirl. It also works on Dogfight. However, you must do this within several seconds otherwise the instructions will load automatically.

It is 30 years since these games were first copied to the original games disc, and every game on this disc has since been re-mastered from original sources. In many cases, instructions from the inlays have also been included and grammar errors corrected.

All original filenames have been kept where possible, but some have been changed where they conflict with the limitations of the Disc Filing System. Copy protection routines have been removed.

Regards,
Mick.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 67 times in total.
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

Hi, Mick, Lee. Great to see this amazing collection being released after all the hard work that you've put into it!

Lee has explained to me that we'd be helping Arcadian out if we created a parallel collection from your 30th Anny discs by separating each game out onto its own SSD.

To that end, I wanted to test the waters by uploading an example of such an SSD, which I created by isolating the Q-Man files on Disc001.

Mick, Arcadian, please have a look at the attachment and let me know if it does or doesn't meet with your approval.

There was a typo in the instructions for Q-Man, which I've corrected. (I changed "Dont't" to "Don't".)
Q-Man.ssd.zip
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 813 times
[EDIT: Updated disc image following Mick's comments below.]
Q-Man edit.ssd.zip
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 810 times
Last edited by lurkio on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Well that's amazing isn't it.
Myself, and others have cast their beady eyes over the entire collection looking for errors and along you come and find a typo on the first game on the first disc! :lol:

Lee.

p.s. - in our defence, that suspect formatting, with no spaces after the full stops, and the obvious typo "dont't" is from the original tape, so maybe we left it on purpose... :^o
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

HACKED GAMES: Where a game has been hacked to such an extent that there is a visual difference from how it originally looked when loading then the game will have a "Hack" message along with the reason, which could be... a choice of multiple versions, a choice of different game controls, removal of software protection screens, additional code to stop faults/errors/bugs from crashing the computer or the removal of messages being displayed after pressing BREAK.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

DISC DOCTOR. This ROM can interfere with certain games. It is best to remove it before playing any of the games on my discs.

Where possible, fixes may be added to games where this chip interferes significantly and a message may be posted with a disc warning where minor problems occur.

Mick.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
leenew

Post by leenew »

No No! Don't slow down! :lol:
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

Michael Brown wrote:the files are out of sync on the image. INTRO should be after !BOOT and before QMAN1 ... Also somewhere in he !BOOT file a *FX200,3 will need adding to stop anyone hitting ESCAPE by accident and also maybe a *FX4,1
Updated, above.

Arcadian, is this the sort of thing you were after?
leenew

Post by leenew »

Here are the contents of DISC001 as individual games on SSD's.

DISC002 will be posted shortly...

If possible, we will post these individual game files as each completed disc is posted. That way there will eventually be a complete archive of every one of Mick's games as an individual SSD.

Lee.
[Old version deleted 16 July 2014. Replaced with new version.] - see below

**NEW VERSION TO BE UPLOADED IN THE MORNING**
Last edited by leenew on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

leenew wrote:individual games on SSD's. DISC002 will be posted shortly...
Here it is. [Old version deleted 16 July 2014. Replaced with new version.]
Attachments
DISC002SSD.zip
(157.98 KiB) Downloaded 469 times
Last edited by lurkio on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leenew

Post by leenew »

And the new version of Disc01:

It would be appreciated if as many people as possible could test that these games work on their system, and report their findings.
Test with Beebem, B-Em and real beeb.
Any issues, please state what config you used.

All games on Discs 001 and 002 are for the Beeb.

If you have a Master, then you may also test them and post results for the "Master compatible" list.... :D
Last edited by leenew on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Please note, most games are for one player only, but some allow either one player or two or more to be selected. There is nothing noted anywhere about these types of games.

Where a game requires two players (either at the same time or taking it in turns) a (2P) has been included in the !BOOT menu and also listed here (where possible).

Be aware that some games allow up to four or eight players but may only have a (2P) in the menu as that states the minimum amount of players required, not the maximum.

As far as I am aware there are no games that require a minimum of more than 2 players, but if such a game is included then a message informing you as such will be included.

Hope this helps.
Mick.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

After a long time in the re-mastering stage... here is Games Disc 003.
Disc003.zip
(140.25 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
The disc is called Disc003.dsd so it can be loaded into a Datacentre on a real BBC without having to rename it.
It was originally created back in July 1984.

Zalaga from Aardvark Software.
3D Munchy from MRM Software.
BattleTank from Superior Software.
Maze Invaders from Micro Power.
Pinball Arcade (+ Editor) from Kansas City Systems.
Fruit Machine from Superior Software.
Escape From Moonbase Alpha from Micro Power.
Tetrapod (AKA Star Swarm) from Acornsoft Limited.
Space Invaders from Superior Software.
Uncle Claude (AKA Electro Freddy) (Hack) from Alligata Software.
Moon Raider from Micro Power.
Smash & Grab from Superior Software.
Noc-A-Bloc from Virgin Games Ltd.
Mr. Shifter (Unreleased) from MRM Software.
Alien Dropout from Superior Software.
Munchyman from Micro Power.
Aviator from Acornsoft Limited.
Gorf (AKA Gorph) from Doctor Soft.

NOTE: Pinball Arcade features a screen editor, but you can only save your screens to tape. You can, however, always transfer the saved PINDATA file to disc and load it in with the main game. However, copying over the PINDATA file on this disc will erase the original data.

RE-RELEASES: Zalaga was later re-released by Alternative and also by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 10" compilation.
Also, 3D Munchy from MRM was later re-released by Blue Ribbon.
Also, Uncle Claude from Alligata was also released as part of their "Fistful Of Fun" compilation. It was also released first as Electro Freddy by Softspot.
Lastly, Gorf from Doctor Soft was also released as Gorph.

HACKED GAMES: Uncle Claude from Alligata seems to have been released with an error which causes screen corruption during level 11. It looks like this was caused accidentally when a joystick and alternative key option was added. Luckily, the original Electro Freddy game is free of this bug and the correct code from that game has now been ported over. Also, the spelling mistake in the instructions of CONTIUE has now been amended to CONTINUE.

INSTRUCTIONS: The instructions for Zalaga, BattleTank, Tetrapod, Space Invaders, Uncle Claude, Smash & Grab, Munchyman and Aviator were not part of their original tape releases and were created from their inlays.

SPECIALLY CREATED INSTRUCTIONS: The loader/instructions for Pinball Arcade were not part of the original tape release and were created specially from its inlay.

EASTER EGGS: If you press ESCAPE during some of the loaders and instructions, then you can skip to loading the game... This works on Zalaga, Pinball Arcade, Escape From Moonbase Alpha, Aviator and Gorf.

It is 30 years since these games were first copied to the original games disc, and every game on this disc has since been re-mastered from original sources. In many cases, instructions from the inlays have also been included and grammar errors corrected.

Regards,
Mick.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Thu May 09, 2024 9:02 am, edited 54 times in total.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Here are the first 3 discs as individual SSD images.

Disc 3 is posted for the first time, and the other 2 have had minor cosmetic changes.

If anyone would like to check the games for errors it would be appreciated.
It is certainly "do-able" at the minute as there are only 3x18 = 54 games to check :D

Lee.
Last edited by leenew on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

:D Post removed
Last edited by Michael Brown on Thu May 10, 2018 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

After a long time in the re-mastering stage... here is Games Disc 004.
Disc004.zip
(135.28 KiB) Downloaded 908 times
The disc is called Disc004.dsd so it can be loaded into a Datacentre on a real BBC without having to rename it.
It was originally created back in August 1984.

Overdrive from Superior Software.
Danger UXB (AKA Blockman) from Micro Power.
Transistors Revenge from Softspot.
Snake (Arcade Action) (V5) from Acornsoft Limited.
Escape From Orion from Hopesoft.
Jet Power Jack from Micro Power.
JCB Digger from Acornsoft Limited.
Wallaby from Superior Software.
Ghouls (AKA Ghoulies) from Micro Power.
Pengo (AKA Penguin) from H. Soft/Watford Electronics.
Microbe from Virgin Games Ltd.
The Mine from Micro Power.
Free Fall from Acornsoft Limited.
3D Bomb Alley from Software Invasion.
Cybertron Mission from Micro Power.
Cosmic Fighter from Kansas City Systems.
Supergolf from Squirrel Software.
Croaker from Micro Power.

NOTE: Ghouls from Micro Power has been amended to allow the tune to play before loading the main game.
Also, 3D Bomb Alley has been amended in order to run smoothly from disc in order to match the original tape version.

COMPILATIONS: Snake from Acornsoft was only released as part of a compilation. This copy is from their later "Arcade Action" compilation which lets you eat food and not letters, unlike the earlier "Fun Games" release.

RE-RELEASES: Ghouls was re-released by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 7" compilation.

HACKED GAMES: Croaker from Micro Power has been amended to display its Mode 7 instructions correctly. The loader is taken from the Acorn Electron version as the BBC version did not have one.

INSTRUCTIONS: The instructions for Escape From Orion, JCB Digger, Pengo, The Mine and Free Fall were not part of their original tape releases and were created from their inlays.

SPECIALLY CREATED INSTRUCTIONS: The loader/instructions for Transistors Revenge were not part of the original tape release and were created specially from its inlay.
Also, the instructions for Snake were not part of the original tape release and were created specially from its inlay.
Lastly, the instructions for Cosmic Fighter were not part of the original tape release and were not included with its inlay, so instead they were created specially from the TRS-80 inlay instead.

EASTER EGGS: If you press ESCAPE during some of the loaders and instructions, then you can skip to loading the game... This works on Wallaby and 3D Bomb Alley.

Regards,
Mick.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:39 am, edited 63 times in total.
richardtoohey

Post by richardtoohey »

=D>

Welcome back! :D

Gave these a quick whirl (some flashbacks to many years ago!)

3D Bomb Alley - I could not get the sight to move to the left - assuming my Beeb-em.

Super-Golf - second page of instructions - at the bottom it shows

PRESS SPACE BAR - and ddd
wait for the next part ttt
to continue loading

Might just be something in Beebem's Mode 7 emulation?
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

richardtoohey wrote: 3D Bomb Alley - I could not get the sight to move to the left - assuming my Beeb-em.

Super-Golf - second page of instructions - at the bottom it shows

PRESS SPACE BAR - and ddd
wait for the next part ttt
to continue loading

Might just be something in Beebem's Mode 7 emulation?
I'm not seeing those issues. Those two particular games on this DSD image seem to work fine in Mac BeebEm and Win BeebEm (emulated) for me.
richardtoohey

Post by richardtoohey »

Thanks for checking - assumed my Beebem and sounds like that is the case.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Here are the first 4 discs broken into individual SSDs.
I have re-posted the first 3 as minor changes have been made to them.
Disc 4 is posted for the first time.
I have checked it and can find no errors :D

Feel free to check and report anything I may have missed though.

Lee.
Last edited by leenew on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndyGarton

Post by AndyGarton »

Just a quick post to say thank you to those responsible for this collection, it's fantastic work and much appreciated.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

After a long time in the re-mastering stage... here is Games Disc 005.
Disc005.zip
(161.16 KiB) Downloaded 1277 times
The disc is called Disc005.dsd so it can be loaded into a Datacentre on a real BBC without having to rename it.
It was originally created back in September 1984.

Q*bert from Superior Software.
Demolator (Hack) from Visions Software Factory.
Castle Assault from MRM Software.
Winged Warlords from Superior Software.
Twin Kingdom Valley from Bug-Byte Software.
Cowboy Shootout from Micro Power.
Fruity Freddy from Softspot.
B. C. Bill from Imagine Software Ltd.
Gunsmoke from Software Invasion.
Tarzan from Alligata Software.
Fortress from Pace Software Supplies.
Laser Command from Micro Power.
BMX On The Moon from Superior Software.
Attack On Alpha Centauri from Software Invasion.
Dare Devil Denis from Visions Software Factory.
Astro-Tracker from Beebugsoft (Games 6).
Painter from A & F Software Ltd.
Mr. Ee! from Micro Power.

NOTE: Due to a minor graphics fault with BeebEm 4.14, Twin Kingdom Valley's Mode 7 instructions do not work properly. However, they work normally with B-em 2.2 and on a real BBC Micro.
Also, both Gunsmoke and Attack On Alpha Centauri have been amended in order to run smoothly from disc in order to match their original tape versions.
Also, both Tarzan from Alligata and Dare Devil Denis from Visions have been amended to allow their tunes to play before loading their main games.
Lastly, Fortress has had its ?&247=&4C command removed to avoid locking the computer when pressing BREAK.

COMPILATIONS: Astro-Tracker from Beebugsoft was released as part of their "Games 6" compilation.

RE-RELEASES: Castle Assault from MRM was later re-released by Blue Ribbon.
Also, Tarzan from Alligata was also released as part of their "Fistful Of Fun" compilation. It was also released as Tarzan Boy for the Acorn Electron.
Lastly, Fortress from Pace was re-released by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 5" compilation.

HACKED GAMES: Demolator has had its loader amended in order to load the main game correctly from disc. You can now press "G" to play the GAME instead of "U" to use the USER PORT.

INSTRUCTIONS: The instructions for Demolator, Winged Warlords, Twin Kingdom Valley, Cowboy Shootout, B. C. Bill, Tarzan, Dare Devil Denis and Mr. Ee! were not part of their original tape releases and were created from their inlays. The instructions for Astro-Tracker were created from a Beebug Advert.

SPECIALLY CREATED INSTRUCTIONS: The loader/instructions for Fruity Freddy and Laser Command were not part of their original tape releases and were created specially from their inlays.

EASTER EGGS: If you press ESCAPE during some of the loaders and instructions, then you can skip to loading the game... This works on Twin Kingdom Valley, Gunsmoke and Attack On Alpha Centauri.

Regards,
Mick.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:40 am, edited 61 times in total.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Here are the individual game SSD's for DISC005:
DISC005SSD.zip
Lee.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

After a long time in the re-mastering stage... here is Games Disc 006.
Disc006.zip
(173.19 KiB) Downloaded 899 times
The disc is called Disc006.dsd so it can be loaded into a Datacentre on a real BBC without having to rename it.
It was originally created back in October 1984.

Frak! from Aardvark Software.
Mineshaft from Durell Software.
Felix Meets The Evil Weevils from Micro Power.
3D Space Ranger from Microbyte Software.
Laser Reflex (C/B) from Talent Computer Systems.
Stock Car from Micro Power.
Mr. Wiz from Superior Software.
Heist from Softspot.
Zarm from Micro Power.
Digger from Visions Software Factory.
Challenger (Hack) from Mastertronic Limited.
Pole Position from Atarisoft.
Plutonium Plunder from Micro Power.
Cosmic Cruiser from Imagine Software Ltd.
Space Fighter from Superior Software.
Hell Driver from Micro Power.
Protector (Joysticks only) from Quicksilva Ltd.
Rocky from Superior Software.

NOTE: Felix Meets The Evil Weevils has had its "Emergency Panic" key changed from Shift Lock to Caps Lock in order to work under emulation with a QWERTY keyboard.
Also, Stock Car has had its player 2 keys changed for better use under emulation with a QWERTY keyboard.

RE-RELEASES: Frak! from Aardvark was later re-released by Alternative. It was also re-released by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 4" compilation.
Also Mineshaft from Durell was later re-released by Alternative.
Also, Mr Wiz was re-released by Superior on their "Play It Again Sam 8" compilation.
Lastly, Challenger from Mastertronic was originally released by Joe The Lion.

HACKED GAMES: Challenger from Mastertronic has had a ?&8DB=&68 fix added for much louder sound upon loading the main game.

INSTRUCTIONS: The instructions for Frak!, Stock Car, Digger, Challenger, Pole Position, Plutonium Plunder and Cosmic Cruiser were not part of their original tape releases and were created from their inlays.

SPECIALLY CREATED INSTRUCTIONS: The loader/instructions for Mineshaft were not part of the original tape release and were created specially from its inlay and other sources.
Also, the loader/instructions for Laser Reflex, Heist and Protector were not part of their original tape releases and were created specially from their inlays.

JOYSTICK ONLY GAMES: Protector from Quicksilva requires joysticks to play the game and does not have keyboard controls.

LOCKING/RESET: Laser Reflex from Talent Computer Systems requires both CTRL and BREAK pressing together after playing the game to return to BASIC. Pressing BREAK returns you to the start of the game (as per game instructions).

EASTER EGGS: If you press ESCAPE during some of the loaders and instructions, then you can skip to loading the game... This works on Frak!, Laser Reflex, Pole Position and Protector.

Regards,
Mick.
Last edited by Michael Brown on Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:41 am, edited 50 times in total.

Return to “archive submissions”