Sony Playstation3

for all subjects/topics not covered by the other forum categories
CMcDougall

Sony Playstation3

Post by CMcDougall »

Its now a yr late :cry:

Worth the wait thow, xBox sucks, same as Bill Gates. :twisted:
Last edited by CMcDougall on Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melchett

Post by melchett »

It has to be said that the original XBOX was a bit of a brick and the new 360 doesn't exactly have a much in the way of design aesthetics. I did buy an xbox (chipped) because I wanted to run it as a media centre (with a new large hard disk), which the PS2 wasn't really capable of at the time. If I decide to replace it, I think I'd go for a PS3 over the 360...
CMcDougall

media

Post by CMcDougall »

Your no daft, its faster, and the Graphics card is sh!t hot. Also when xBox360 got launched, a new PS2 game whipped its ass!! :lol:
jon28

Post by jon28 »

I'm waiting for the Nintendo Revolution.

Whilst I can see the attraction of the PS3 / Xbox 360 they don't do anything for me. I've never played Halo or GTA and I have no plans to. Great games maybe but not my cup of tea.

It will be interesting to see what the new Revolution controller is like, potentially it could totally change the way we play games.

Jon.
CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall »

Worldwide November launch - so get your preorders in now and bung them on gayBay when nobody can get one. :lol: :lol:

PS no more Mem cards, just a HDD.
ImageImageImage
garfield

Post by garfield »

CMcDougall wrote:gayBay
Hmmm.

Aside from that, for us in Europe, it's not really a delay because we're used to be treated as third tier dirt by hardware/software companies. A simultaneous release is good for us (maybe not in terms of stocks, but in terms of not getting the hardware months after the U.S. and Japan).
garfilth

To expensive

Post by garfilth »

I will wait about 2 years for one, like i did with ps2.

It will be far to expensive, and if you think £50 for a 360 game is a bit much, wait till you see the price on a blue ray disk.

At the end of the day it is peronal chioce, plus the first games are always graphical updates of 20 games you own(all consoles).

Me, I am going for a 360. Best online service and PGR3.

But none of them will ever make me feel the way I did when I first fired up Codename Droid or Shenmue.
I am the man in the shadows.
jon28

Post by jon28 »

I remember seeing Xbox 360 games at £50 in my local games shop when the system first came out. I thought they were this price due to the high demand for the system and games - so they pushed the prices up to make a quick buck. But no, the shop assistant said that was the normal price.

£50 for a game. What planet are they living on????

I don't know about anyone else, but I spend more the cheaper games are. If they're £20 I'll buy one a week, £30 one a month, £40 once a quarter, £50 never. They might make less per unit, but they'd make it up in volume.
Kecske Bak

Post by Kecske Bak »

jon28 wrote:I remember seeing Xbox 360
I've bought three games so far this century:

Repton 1 PC
Repton 2 PC
Repton 3 PC

The only use I'd have for one of these games console thingies is as a doorstop :wink:
Beeby

Post by Beeby »

13 years ago, most SNES games were £40-50. A very few were £60, and Streetfighter II had an RRP of £65 on its release (these were official UK releases by the way, not imports).
CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall »

changed again to : -
ImageImageImage
Beeby

Post by Beeby »

Hmm...the black finish gives it rather less sex appeal.

Notice that the PS3 uses the Spiderman font (another invention by Sony).

Return to “off-topic”