STH 143 Disc compilation Excel list - Thoughts??

having trouble with an archived file? post in here!
Pernod

Re: STH 143 Disc compilation Excel list - Thoughts??

Post by Pernod »

I did, but they didn't work, not sure why. I'll take another look over the weekend.
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
leenew

Post by leenew »

OK my good man. 8)
leenew

Post by leenew »

Hi,
here is the latest spreadsheet.
BBC Disc And Tapes.zip
(203.42 KiB) Downloaded 234 times

I have re-coloured all the 'cassette only' entries in a lovely cassette tape brown...

It now is about as up to date and error free as I can manage.
If anyone can spot any errors or have any queries then please let me know.

The only things I have not added are the most recent 'Archive submissions'.

The reason for this is that there are no more official archive disks.

Hopefully Mick Brown can find the time to add all of the latest submissions to his archive, which is still actively being updated, but I know he is very busy at the minute.
At least then, we will all have identical disks, and can sing from the same hymn sheet when discussing issues etc.

Ta for now.
Lee.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Very, very, very busy!
Been working on the looader for Ultron from Viper that Arcadian sent me a few weeks back.
Took another look last night for an hour or so and managed to bypass the protection checks for &3C8, etc etc and got the whole loader and tune to work and also load the main game (which we already have on disk!).
Just got to add a routine to pause the loader to play the tune and add a "press Space to load" text routine and then it is done and can be re-posted here.
Hopefully, I will be able to complete this Good Friday, and then move on to other projects, so Happy Easter!
leenew

Post by leenew »

Hi,
After re-testing some STH collection games, and some Mick Brown disks with a power cycle before loading, here is an up to date list of all the problems in the Disk Archives.

Standard BBC, DFS 1.20 fitted, Internal datacentre fitted.
Checked both with *DTRAP on and *DTRAP off.
The majority don't mind it on or off, but the odd one or two, it needs to be OFF.

Hopefully between us we can clear a lot of these problems away over the coming months and have as near to a perfect archive of Beeb games as is possible :D

S.W.R. REQUIRED

Disk 4D2, and Disk MB077: program UIM Still does not work with a 16K swr module fitted but FINE WITH 32K SWR :D
Disk MB027, and Disk MI3: program DOCTOR WHO AND THE MINES OF TERROR Works fine with SWR fitted
Disk MB060: program DUNJUNZ Crashes bad program with 16K SWR module fitted and with 32K SWR fitted
Disk MB068: program EXIZ (works but graphics corruption on title screen) Works fine with SWR fitted
Disk MB070: program ZEDON (works but slow with no SWR) Works fine with swr fitted
Disk SU7 and MB040: Program EXILE Has graphics corruption with 16K swr module fitted but WORK FINE WITH 32K SWR :D

The next lot are simply naming errors, grammar, or queries with titles:

NAMING ERRORS AND QUERIES

Disk AG1, and Disk MB009: program 3D SPACE RAIDER loads as SPACE ACE
Disk AG1, and Disk MB014: program GUARDIAN loads as DEFENDER
Disk AL2: program ROUND ONES loads as SPHEROIDS
Disk DB1: program PANZER ASSAULT loads as PANZER ATTACK
Disk MB078, and Disk TY6: program BUFFALO BILL’S WILD WEST SHOW loads as RODEO GAMES (Tape cover says "Buffalo Bill's Rodeo Games")
Disk MBDEM01: program GALAXY BIRDS loads as G*BIRDS

The next lot partly work but have graphical or sound related problems

GRAPHICS AND SOUND PROBLEMS

Disk IC1: program DRAIN MANIA the intro music is terrible
Disk L2, and Disk MB068: program CONFRONTATION has graphics problems, the main screen being totally white with no map.
Disk MB031: program NIGHT STRIKE (ELK), the cursor is on
Disk MB032: program ALLY PALLY has graphics corruption
Disk MB034: Program CRUNCHBACK sounds still not right even after a power cyvle
Disk MB036, and Disk VA1 program JOUSTER, the main sprite is missing
Disk MB038: program SHARK, the title screen flickers but the main game seems OK New Image located
Disk MB068: program DUNGEON QUEST, this may not be a fault, but is there no main sprite??
Disk MB069: program HUNCHY, this is faulty, as you can walk through walls once you reach the right side of the screen.
Disk MB070: program HOLED OUT does not draw the course properly.
Disk MB072, and Disk MB074: program HOLED OUT, as above, the course is not drawn properly as is EXTRA COURSES on MB075
Disk MB077: program CAVES OF TRALL, is there supposed to be a maze or is it just an empty cave which is ridiculously easy to avoid the ‘caveman’?
Disk MB080: program RABID RIDER, seeing as the graphics are pretty good, is the main sprite supposed to be one pixel?
Disk MB084: program CAVE FLIGHT, the cave seems to get impossibly narrow in places, or it could be me who can’t play it properly?
Disk MB103: program SPARCE INVADERS, terrible sounds!
Disk MI2: program ALIEN SWIRL has sound problems (MB says the sound envelopes need relocating and has done it on his version)
Disk T1: program BLOCKER has graphics corruption
Disk VA2: program ORCREST, your health does not deplete. (MB049 version OK)

The following games all seem to me to have control problems.

CONTROL PROBLEMS

Disk AG2: program Q*Bix (ELK) has control problems and sometimes crashes (BBC B)
Disk IC1 program BUG EYES, The main character automatically moves right with no input from the keyboard. (clash with datacentre - MB version fixed)
Disk MB029: Program AABATRON sprite moves left into wall and stays there
Disk MB030: Program ONE LAST GAME control problems.
Disk MB072: program PUSH THE BALE, the main character automatically moves right with no input from the keyboard.
Disk MB079: program SHOOT ‘EM UP I cannot seem to control this properly or work out if there are any keyboard controls as well as the joystick, but FIRE does not seem to work.
Disk MBDEM02: program ARCADIA, the left/right controls appear to be reversed

The following programs either do not load at all or crash soon after loading

CRASH: OR DO NOT LOAD

Disk A2: program THE VALLEY crashes soon after starting
Disk A3: program ASTEROIDS DELUXE does not load
Disk AB1: program ADVENTURESOFT: THE ORB crashes FILE NOT FOUND but CHAIN "THE-ORB" loads OK?
Disk AG1: program EAGLE EMPIRE CRASHES soon after the game starts
Disk AL1: program FRUIT WORM and LUNAR INVASION both crash (they are marked as bad on the menu)
Disk BR2: program DOMINOES crashes ‘NO ROOM’ soon after starting
Disk C1: program RUBIK Cube, crashes ‘NO ROOM’ soon after starting
Disk DB1: program ADVENTURE ANTHOLOGY ‘JOHNNY’ crashes ‘NO ROOM’ soon after loading
Disk F1: program POWERBOAT RACING crashes ‘BAD MODE’ after loading
Disk KA1: program JIGSAW crashes before loading
Disk M4: program LORD OF THE RINGS part 1a crashes before loading
Disk MB007 program EAGLE EMPIRE crashes BAD PROGRAM
Disk MB020: Program GENESIS PROJECT does not seem to work properly
Disk MB028: program BOZO AND BEEBO does not load, however if *DTRAP is turned OFF then it loads
Disk MB030: program RAID OVER MOSCOW crashes ‘NO ROOM’
Disk MB041, and Disk TY5: program THE BIG KO! Hangs after loading
Disk MB042: program SHANGHAI WARRIORS crashes ‘BAD PROGRAM’
Disk MB048: program FRUIT MACHINE SIMULATOR crashes after loading
Disk MB048: program Q*BIX crashed ‘SCREEN ADDRESS OUT OF RANGE’
Disk MB085: program EGG MANIA crashes
Disk MB088: program QUIZ QUEST does not load
Disk MC1: program BLOCKBUSTERS hangs after loading
Disk MC1: program COUNTDOWN does not load but removing an MRUN command from the loader and it SEEMS to load OK
Disk MI1: program FELIX IN THE FACTORY crashes ’BAD PROGRAM’ before loading
Disk MI1: program MOONBASE ALPHA crashes ‘FILE NOT FOUND’ looking for EMBA
Disk MI2: program ESCAPE FROM MOONBASE ALPHA crashes soon after loading
Disk MI2: program GALACTIC COMMANDER crashes. Again is this a loader problem
Disk MI3: program CASTLE QUEST does not load
Disk PQ2: program LIGHT CYCLE (E00) does not load
Disk PQ3: program SIEGE hangs after loading
Disk SU6: program SPYCAT does not load
Disk SU9: program THE LAST NINJA does not load
Disk VS1: program DEMOLATOR crashes BAD COMMAND before loading
Disk WZ1: programs BALLS! CRAWLER, THE FIVE DOCTORS, and GOLF none of these load. Again a loader problem??

The rest are miscellaneous problems or maybe protection issues

PROTECTION AND MISCELLANEOUS PROBLEMS

Disk A3 and Disk MBDEM01 program JOUST seems to load OK but has PIRATE COPY plastered across the loader screen
Disk BUDJ2: program DUNJUNZ has no loader or menu but seems to work if you type *DUNJUNZ Just no room for a !boot file (31 files)
Disk MA1: program GEOFF CAPES loads then REBOOTS the computer
Disk 020 GENESIS PROJECT I cannot seem to get this to do anything interesting. Is it working properly????
Disk MB059: program INDOOR SPORTS loads then REBOOTS the computer New image located

If anyone wants to try any or all of these 'problem' titles on their Beeb B to compare results, it would help.

Thanks.

Lee.
Last edited by leenew on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
billcarr2005

Post by billcarr2005 »

leenew wrote: Disk MB078, and Disk TY6: program BUFFALO BILL’S WILD WEST SHOW loads as RODEO GAMES (Tape cover says "Buffalo Bill's Rodeo Games")
The game is called Rodeo Games, the loading screen appears to be a mockup of the posters similar to this.

http://www.disneylandparis.com/de/good_ ... t_show.htm

Dunjunz should play on a standard BBC with no problems too.

Regarding Indoor Sports, can you try the following image
*/IS!BOOT to load

Here's another image of Shark too
Attachments
Shark.zip
Another version of Shark, from the original disk
(10.42 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
IndoorSports.zip
Indoor Sports
(44.74 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
leenew

Post by leenew »

Cheers Bill.
It was this cover that made me question Rodeo games.
rodeo.jpg
rodeo.jpg (25.06 KiB) Viewed 7625 times
Dunjunz loads fine with *Dunjunz yes.
A quick count of the files (31) just no room for a !boot file I guess :(

I shall test Indoor sports and Shark now.

Thank ya.

**EDIT**
Tested SHARK and INDOOR SPORTS
both load absolutely fine!! :D so when Mick catches up...(He is such a slow coach) maybe he can incorporate these images!!
Once again, thanks Bill.
leenew

Post by leenew »

We may be confused re: Dunjunz Bill,
Mick's Disk 60 DEFINITELY asks for 'ROM' and says 'NO ROM AVAILABLE IN MACHINE' :?
The version on BUDJ2 loads and works fine on the B by typing *DUNJUNZ because of the 31 files on the disc...
leenew

Post by leenew »

Hi,
I have amended the latest list of problems (about 1/3 of the way down this page), to reflect the latest fixes.

There are still a few naming issues or queries.
Rather than them being grammatical errors, such as the ones that Mick has just fixed, these are rather games with Different titles on the loading screen to the main game.
Can anyone check these and either confirm or deny the existence of any proper releases of, for example 3D SPACE RAIDER or GUARDIAN by Alligata which have a main screen with these titles?? rather than SPACE ACE and DEFENDER.
Also ROUND ONES that says ROUND ONES and not SPHEROIDS on the title screen etc.
There are one or two other naming queries too.

Also, having fitted the 16K SWR module to my datacentre beeb as supplied by MartinB. (Cheers!), I have tested the games that utilize the SWR.
Rather disappointingly, some still do not work.

Dr. Who and the Mines of Terror is fine, as is EXIS and ZEDON.
However, UIM, DUNJUNZ and EXILE still do not work.
UIM fails to load, although it gets further than before. Some sort of control panel (similar to Elite's now loads on the screen) but it does not start.
Exile has graphical corruption, with the sprites leaving trails behind them, and Dunjunz crashes file not found, bad program.

Do any of these require 32K SWR? or should the 16K be OK?
Ta.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Mick,
I think these are the latest issues:

MB007 Eagle Empire Alligata Space Shooter (Gallery) Phoenix 1983 B CRASHES (B) *OK if DFS ROM removed
MB009 3D Space Raider (Fistful Of Fun) Alligata Space Shooter (Scrolling) 1983 B LOADS AS SPACE ACE
MB028 Bozo And Beebo BP Soft Breakout (Clowns) 1984 B *DTRAP MUST BE OFF
MB029 Aabatron Bevan Technology Platform Puzzler 1985 B Sprite automatically moves left
MB030 One Last Game Bevan Technology Space Shooter (Gallery) 1984 B CONTROL PROBLEMS
MB030 Raid Over Moscow U.S. Gold Simulation (War) 1986 B CRASHES
MB031 Night Strike (E) Alternative Maze 1986 B,E CURSOR IS ON original game has cursor on!
MB032 Ally Pally A&B Computing Maze 1984 B GRAPHICS PROBLEMS
MB034 Crunchback Computer Gamer Platformer Hunchback 1986 B Sound problems
MB036 Invasion Force (E) Alternative (Triple Decker 02) Space Shooter (Gallery) Space Invaders 1987 B,E DOES NOT MENTION ELECTRON ON MENU
MB036 Jouster Westsoft Shooter (Gallery) 1985 B MAIN SPRITE MISSING
MB038 Shark Audiogenic Platformer 1988 B TITLE SCREEN FLICKERS
MB041 Big K.O.!, The (Disc Version) Tynesoft Sport (Boxing) 1987 B CRASHES
MB042 Shanghai Warriors Players Beat 'Em Up 1989 B CRASHES
MB044 Jump Jet Assault (E) Your Computer Shooter (Scrolling) 1985 B,E DOES NOT MENTION ELECTRON ON MENU
MB046 Wishing Wells, The (E) Electron User, The Shooter (Scrolling) 1989 B,E DOES NOT MENTION ELECTRON ON MENU
MB048 Fruit Machine Simulator Codemasters Simulation (Fruit Machine) 1989 B CRASHES
MB048 Q*Bix (Action Pack 2) (E) Alligata & Unicorn Software Platformer Q*Bert 1986 E CRASHES - DOES NOT MENTION ELECTRON ON MENU
MB050 Atom Smasher (E) Alternative (Triple Decker 07) Shooter (Gallery) 1987 B,E DOES NOT MENTION ELECTRON ON MENU
MB059 Indoor Sports (Disc Version) Tynesoft Sports (Multi Event) 1988 B CRASHES
MB060 Dunjunz (RAM) Bug-Byte RPG 1986 B SWR REQD. (Crashes bad program with SWR fitted)
MB068 Confrontation Lothlorien Strategy 1983 B GRAPHICS PROBLEMS
MB068 Dungeon Quest Computer Gamer Adventure (Graphic) 1986 B NO MAIN SPRITE??
MB069 Hunchy Your Computer Platformer Hunchback 1985 B FAULTY - WALK THROUGH WALLS
MB070 Holed Out!! (RAM) 4th Dimension Sport (Golf) 1989 B GRAPHICS PROBLEMS
MB072 Holed Out!! (Extra Courses Vol.1) (RAM) 4th Dimension Sport (Golf) 1989 B GRAPHICS PROBLEMS
MB072 Push-The-Bale 8-Bit Software Puzzle 1992 B CONTROL PROBLEMS
MB074 Holed Out!! (Extra Courses Vol.2) (RAM) 4th Dimension Sport (Golf) 1989 B GRAPHICS PROBLEMS
MB077 Caves Of Trall, The Public Domain Maze 1984 B NO MAZE?
MB078 Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show Tynesoft Sports (Multi Event) 1989 B LOADS AS RODEO GAMES
MB079 Shoot-'Em-Up (Joystick Only) Personal Computer News Shooter (Gallery) 1984 B CONTROL PROBLEMS
MB080 Rabid Rider Public Domain Driving (Motorbike) Dare Devil Denis 1986 B MAIN SPRITE IS 1 PIXEL!
MB084 Cave Flight Computer & Video Games Space (Scrolling) 1983 B IMPOSSIBLE MAZE - TOO TIGHT?
MB085 Egg Mania Electron User, The Maze (Scrolling) 1990 E CRASHES (B)
MB088 Quiz Quest (Disc Version) (+ Editor) Alligata Quiz 1986 B DOES NOT LOAD
MB103 Sparse Invaders (V1.0) Retro Software Space Shooter (Gallery) Space Invaders 2009 B SOUND PROBLEMS
MBDEM01 Galaxy Birds (AKA Galaxians) Superior Software Space Shooter (Gallery) Galaxian 1982 B LOADS AS G*BIRDS
MBDEM01 Joust (AKA Skirmish) Atarisoft Platformer Joust 1984 B SAYS PIRATE COPY
MBDEM02 Arcadia (AKA Wet Zone) Imagine Space Shooter (Gallery) 1985 B LEFT/RIGHT REVERSED? (Except < > )
Last edited by leenew on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Hi Lee,
I have just taken a look lat night at 3 games from the list.
Shark, Hunchy and Night Strike.

Firstly, the loader for Shark seems ok on my real BBC with Datacentre.
Secondly, although you can go off to the right on Hunchy, I always thought you had to jump up onto the rope to complete a screen?
Lastly, Night Strike had a cursor on in the original tape game. I did eventually amend this and it is off in the version I tested which is also the version I have slowed down for beeb users.

I will take a look at some more titles when I get a moment, but it won't be for some weeks sadly.
regards,
Mick.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Hi Mick,
Just tried Shark again.
The one on STH disk AU4 does not have this problem, but your disk 038 makes my screen roll for a couple of seconds before the main "Audiogenic Present" "SHARK" screen comes up. (as if maybe the screen needs blanking while a relocation is happening??

Hunchy is the one on disk 069 not the one on 071.
The point is, if you miss the bell, you just fall down one level of bricks then continue walking 'through' the wall and can't then reach the bell. Doesn't seem right to me!

If Night Strike originally had the cursor on (!) then I will remove it from the list.
Cheers.
leenew

Post by leenew »

MB001 and MB002 re-re-re-masters have been re-re-re-checked :D . All games are still fine. 8)

Does anyone have any thoughts on how we go about eradicating non working games from the 'official' STH 143 game collection?
Seeing as we have working versions in Mick Brown's and Pernod's collections, could someone volunteer to go through the list of problems and update the DSD's where appropriate?? :D

Lee.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Keeping Mick’s collection on one side, and just concentrating on the STH143, I think these are the issues that need investigating….

NAMING ERRORS AND QUERIES

Disk AG1: program 3D SPACE RAIDER loads as SPACE ACE
Disk AG1: program GUARDIAN loads as DEFENDER
Disk AL2: program ROUND ONES loads as SPHEROIDS
Disk DB1: program PANZER ASSAULT loads as PANZER ATTACK
Disk TY6: program BUFFALO BILL’S WILD WEST SHOW loads as RODEO GAMES (Tape cover says "Buffalo Bill's Rodeo Games")

GRAPHICS AND SOUND PROBLEMS

Disk L2: program CONFRONTATION has graphics problems, the main screen being totally white with no map.
Disk VA1: program JOUSTER, the main sprite is missing
Disk MI2: program ALIEN SWIRL has sound problems (MB says the sound envelopes need relocating and has done it on his version)
Disk T1: program BLOCKER has graphics corruption
Disk VA2: program ORCREST, your health does not deplete. (MB049 version OK)

The following games all seem to me to have control problems.

CONTROL PROBLEMS

Disk AG2: program Q*Bix (ELK) has control problems and sometimes crashes (BBC B)
Disk IC1 program BUG EYES, The main character automatically moves right with no input from the keyboard. (clash with datacentre - MB version fixed).

The following programs either do not load at all or crash soon after loading

CRASH: OR DO NOT LOAD

Disk A2: program THE VALLEY crashes soon after starting
Disk A3: program ASTEROIDS DELUXE does not load
Disk AB1: program ADVENTURESOFT: THE ORB crashes FILE NOT FOUND but CHAIN "THE-ORB" loads OK?
Disk AG1: program EAGLE EMPIRE CRASHES soon after the game starts
Disk AL1: program FRUIT WORM and LUNAR INVASION both crash (they are marked as bad on the menu)
Disk BR2: program DOMINOES crashes ‘NO ROOM’ soon after starting
Disk C1: program RUBIK Cube, crashes ‘NO ROOM’ soon after starting
Disk DB1: program ADVENTURE ANTHOLOGY ‘JOHNNY’ crashes ‘NO ROOM’ soon after loading
Disk F1: program POWERBOAT RACING crashes ‘BAD MODE’ after loading
Disk KA1: program JIGSAW crashes before loading
Disk M4: program LORD OF THE RINGS part 1a crashes before loading
Disk MC1: program BLOCKBUSTERS hangs after loading
Disk MC1: program COUNTDOWN does not load but removing an MRUN command from the loader and it SEEMS to load OK
Disk MI1: program FELIX IN THE FACTORY crashes ’BAD PROGRAM’ before loading
Disk MI1: program MOONBASE ALPHA crashes ‘FILE NOT FOUND’ looking for EMBA
Disk MI2: program ESCAPE FROM MOONBASE ALPHA crashes soon after loading
Disk MI2: program GALACTIC COMMANDER crashes. Again is this a loader problem
Disk MI3: program CASTLE QUEST does not load
Disk PQ2: program LIGHT CYCLE (E00) does not load
Disk PQ3: program SIEGE hangs after loading
Disk SU6: program SPYCAT does not load
Disk SU9: program THE LAST NINJA does not load
Disk VS1: program DEMOLATOR crashes BAD COMMAND before loading
Disk WZ1: programs BALLS! CRAWLER, THE FIVE DOCTORS, and GOLF none of these load. Again a loader problem??

The rest are miscellaneous problems or maybe protection issues

PROTECTION AND MISCELLANEOUS PROBLEMS

Disk A3: program JOUST seems to load OK but has PIRATE COPY plastered across the loader screen
Disk BUDJ2: program DUNJUNZ has no loader or menu but seems to work if you type *DUNJUNZ Just no room for a !boot file (31 files)
Disk MA1: program GEOFF CAPES loads then REBOOTS the computer
Disk 020 GENESIS PROJECT I cannot seem to get this to do anything interesting. Is it working properly????

Shouldn’t take long. :D
leenew

Post by leenew »

Also, It has just come to my attention that all copies of "The Crown Of Mardan" from MP software are faulty and not completeable EXCEPT for Pernod's version which has been played from start to finish.
**This is from the CASA (Classic Adventure Solution Archive) forums**
So the versions on M3 and MB's adventure 09 need swapping for Pernod's Adventure games 06 version :D
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

leenew wrote:Also, It has just come to my attention that all copies of "The Crown Of Mardan" from MP software are faulty and not completeable EXCEPT for Pernod's version which has been played from start to finish.
Interesting, I've had that version for over 25 years. It's not one of my transfers but good to know it's solved a 7 year issue for the CASA guys.
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall »

I mind now Lee, have to press F0 (F10 on PC) to get it to Hyperspace first, then it comes to life. Keys Z,X,*,/, ] to see fire sight, Return fire, hold shift and move to move faster, & Escape to show map.
Maybe the tape to disc version ain't right, as on tape, it only works with PAGE=&E00, CH."", and the music is great I thought :)

I think you should say that the ones that don't work is due to the Data Centre, as they work fine on actual discs, and 95% on the Super MMC interface (after changing the ones '*DISC' to 'REMdisc' )

Col 8)
ImageImageImage
leenew

Post by leenew »

Hey Col!
Don't dis the mighty datacentre so soon!!!
I reckon it may be the cause of maybe a handful of the problems, but not all!!!
They need going through scientifically :-k with thought :-k and understanding :-k then chuck 'em on the "don't know" pile :lol:
Lee.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Hi Lee,
Sometimne back you said
@Mick Brown. I think you have Missile Control CJE on your disk 029 but have it as being by G.N.D.
The STH one is identical but has a loading screen where yours does not....

I have not come across a loading screen for this game anywhere.
Do you have it or can you point me to its location.

regards,
Mick.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Hi Mick,

Good question :?
The one in the STH tape archive (Marked as CJE B) does say G.N.D when it loads, and, as you say, has no loader screen....

Where the heck did I see it??

Err.... I will get back to you a.s.a.p. :D
Attachments
MissileControl-CJE_B.zip
(4.13 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Hi Lee,
If you do find it, then I will add it to disk 029 as I have 1 file space left for it.
If not, then not to worry!

Mick.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Mick, I have updated the spreadsheet to reflect the newest versions of the first 50 disks:

MB007 Eagle Empire CRASHES *WE ALL KNOW ABOUT THIS ONE!!*

MB009 3D Space Raider LOADS AS SPACE ACE

MB014 Guardian LOADS AS DEFENDER

MB020 Stairway To Hell *DTRAP MUST BE ON

MB028 Bozo And Beebo *DTRAP MUST BE OFF

MB032 Ally Pally *DTRAP MUST BE OFF

MB036 Jouster MAIN SPRITE MISSING

MB041 Big K.O.! CRASHES (Fixed version still not 100% correct)

MB042 Shanghai Warriors CRASHES

MB042 Breakthrough *DTRAP MUST BE ON

MB047 Pipeline *DTRAP MUST BE ON

MB048 Wheel Of Fortune *DTRAP MUST BE ON

Have I got this about right?

*I know you don't get crashes with Shanghai Warriors
BBC Disc And Tapes.zip
(191.24 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Last edited by leenew on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Hi Lee,
Al most correct.
I have amended Web-War but not re-posted the disk yet.
In fact, I have sorted all those Alligata/Artic games that caused problems on a real BBC with Datacentre.

Should have a solution for the Big KO this Sunday and a possible posting next week.

regards,
Mick.

PS as for Shark, further testing of my disk needs doing by others as it works fine for me on my BBC.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Just an update on Shark Mick.
Inexplicably, I cannot reproduce the flicker title screen anymore. It seems to have fixed itself :mrgreen:

One thing I have done over the last week or two is to swap my CUB monitor.
I wonder if it is possible that had anything to do with it??
Weird! but fixed! :D

Lee.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Hi Lee,
That's good news with Shark.

Here's disk 017 for you with the amended version of Web-War which now works on a real BBC as well as under emulation.
BBC Arcade Games Disc 017.zip
(188.81 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
cheers
Mick.

PS just need to sort the SWRAM versions of Dunjunz and Holed Out!
leenew

Post by leenew »

Cheers Mick. It works great :D
I have updated the list of problems just above ^^

Do you have access to 32K SWR??

If not, PM me and I will lend you mine if you want.

Ta

Lee.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Not sure on that one Lee,
I will take another look on my BBC when I get time.

Will start posting disks 051-060 soon. Just Dunjunz on disk 060 that is the problem so may have to post the disks and then re-post disk 060 again when a fix is sorted for running on a real BBC.

Mick.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Hi Mick,
Now that the (D)Trap function is being clearly highlighted in the disk menu, I think it is time to remove these from the problems list.
I think it is the most sensible solution without hacking the code about.

So, to update the problems that I have with disks 1 to 60:

Disk 007 Eagle Empire CRASHES
Disk 029 Aabatron has CONTROL PROBLEMS
Disk 030 One Last Game has CONTROL PROBLEMS
Disk 036 JOUSTER has MAIN SPRITE MISSING
Disk 041 The Big K.O. has GRAPHICS PROBLEMS
Disk 042 Shanghai Warriors CRASHES
Disk 060 Dunjunz CRASHES (file not found at line 515)

If anyone else could look into why these errors occur, that would be fantastic.

**PLUS the minor issue of 3D Space Raider loading as SPACE ACE**

Here is the latest spreadsheet:
BBC Disc And Tapes.zip
(191.26 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
JoolsH

Post by JoolsH »

leenew wrote:Disk AL2: program ROUND ONES loads as SPHEROIDS
This was also true of the original tape. The inlay and cassette are labeled "Round Ones" but the game loads as "Spheroids" - looks like a last minute name change by the marketing department or something. The tape inlay text says "Round Ones (Spheroids to you!)" at the beginning :)
CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall »

lee wrote:Here is the latest spreadsheet
=D> =D> =D>
just going through my new haul of 'junk', ie 50+ 40Track single sided disCs and 50+ tapes and found a unseen loader for Dune Rider on one of the discs :shock: :?
so, went through your list, CTRL-F (find), and it came up with:
CH03, MB008, MI1 and PEMP02
I've got MB008 (disc version), and the loading screen I see ain't there.....

will image it up soon, but in the mean time, anyone know/seen this before :?:
also tapes (C)1982 "Software for all" being GRAND-PRIX :o
ImageImageImage

Return to “archive issues”