AMX Mouse Software

contribute new/updated software missing from online archives
Dave C

Re: AMX Mouse Software

Post by Dave C »

The solution was to select 'portrait' and not 'landscape'. It is the document and not the paper orientation.
2x A5 on an A4 paper.
BBC Master 512, Music 5000, Gotek Drive.
Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

Dave C wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:15 pm Yrrah2 ...fantastic it worked a treat.
Is it possible to do the same with AMX EXTRA and AMX ART.
Sorry a little late. Bit on a vacation with loads of sun. 8)
But checked the Extra and the ART. These are single page PDF documents. So should be ok.
Dave C wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:15 pm You have AMX ART document listed under AMX SuperArt which is the one I would like.
Thanks, just updated the site with the right manual on the right spot.
Hope to add the later versions AMX Art manuals to the list soon.

Cheers
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
Dave C

Re: AMX Mouse Software Books

Post by Dave C »

Yrrah2,
I have purchased a SuperArt book. I also had in my collection PaintPot and ColourArt. I have not found the disk for ColourArt yet. It does a similar job to PaintPot.
Would they be of use on your WebSite.
Dave C
Attachments
AMX Books.jpg
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

Dave C wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:28 pm I have not found the disk for ColourArt yet.
See viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12070
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

Dave C wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:28 pm Yrrah2,
I have purchased a SuperArt book. I also had in my collection PaintPot and ColourArt. I have not found the disk for ColourArt yet. It does a similar job to PaintPot.
Would they be of use on your WebSite.
Dave C
That looks great!!
The Paint Pot and Colour Art would indeed be a good addition to the rest. =D>
So if you can scan those would be GREAT!

I have a Super Art manual (did not had the time to scan and OCR it, going to be in october I think).
But would be nice to see if this manual is for different version of the software.
The version I have (for AMX V3.61) has a Section 4 called quick reference guide. There they exlpain the extra commands a user can use in their own programs. And at the total end they explain the Master version that uses 4 SWR banks.
The page counting goes up to 108 and after that, is the Master version explained in Appendix 1 and 2

Cheers
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

Pernod wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:55 pm
Dave C wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:28 pm I have not found the disk for ColourArt yet.
Nice!
Can I add this to the site?
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

Yrrah2 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:39 pm
Pernod wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:55 pm
Nice!
Can I add this to the site?
Of course.
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Yrrah2,

The SuperArt book is 1986 and the appendix refers to the differences between v3.41 and the Master version which is now 4xSW Rom images. I already use the Rom images on my Master.
It also refers to the new features in v3.61. I assume for the BBC B.
The book came with both v3.41 (Support 34) and v3.61 (Support 36) Roms. Neither worked properly on the Master. I may try them in my BBC B when I have set it up.
I also have another SA Rom showing Support ? Don't know what the ? is but it also does not work on the Master.
Sect 4 talks about Vectors and the and the appendix gives details of the Master version. It is 108 pages.
I guess it is the same book you have.

I will get the PaintPot and ColourArt books scanned. Do I just post them on here?
regards
Dave C
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Yrrah2,

The SuperArt book is 1986 and the appendix refers to the differences between v3.41 and the Master version which is now 4xSW Rom images. I already use the Rom images on my Master.
It also refers to the new features in v3.61. I assume for the BBC B.
The book came with both v3.41 (Support 34) and v3.61 (Support 36) Roms. Neither worked properly on the Master. I may try them in my BBC B when I have set it up.
I also have another SA Rom showing Support ? Don't know what the ? is but it also does not work on the Master.
Sect 4 talks about Vectors and the and the appendix gives details of the Master version. It is 108 pages.
I guess it is the same book you have.

I will get the PaintPot and ColourArt books scanned. Do I just post them on here?
regards
Dave C
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Yrrah2,

I have scanned the PaintPot and ColourArt booklets.
I saved them as PDF pages and combined them using a trial Adobe link.
I don't have Adobe Pro.
Not sure how to make them into a booklet form?
I have Zipped the files but it says they are too large (9.3Mb) to upload?
I will have to e-mail them to you.

Dave C
Last edited by Dave C on Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

Hi Dave,

Great I'll sent you a PM.

Cheers

Koen
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
walkerworks

Post by walkerworks »

Pernod wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:23 pm Anyone have anything to add to this collection?

My disc images of Pagemaker are actually Pagemaker+ and only work with the Pagemaker+ 1.7 ROMs. I have ROMs for Pagemaker 1.0 and Pagemaker+ 1.3 but no floppies to go with them. Also still looking for floppies for Stop Press (Beeb and Elk) and XAM.
I realise it's been a few years since this post but I have uncovered the Slogger Stop Press !boot disc for the Electron in my collection. It's Sloggers conversion of the AMX SP and is not an original disc.

The ROMs included in the zip file are ones I found on my discs with the filename labelled for the Electron.

Pernod wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:56 pm
billcarr2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:23 am STOP PRESS

System Disc
Font Disc
Master Downloader Disc
Thanks for those, but can't get it to run. Tried in both a B with ROMs loaded and a Master using the Master Downloader, both give Bad Command at the Control Menu trying to issue *pMouse. What am I missing?
Using the above ROMs and disc I have the same problem of Bad Command with the *pMOUSE command.

I am wondering if this problem was solved? Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Now that I've got it working I've updated the boot disc by removing some personal data.

Derek
Attachments
Slogger Stop Press.zip
(78.79 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Last edited by walkerworks on Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

walkerworks wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:53 pm I realise it's been a few years since this post but I have uncovered the Slogger Stop Press !boot disc for the Electron in my collection. It's Sloggers conversion of the AMX SP and is not an original disc.

The ROMs included in the zip file are ones I found on my discs with the filename labelled for the Electron.
Thanks!
Talking of the Electron version, I should have an electron version too somewhere..... :-k
I'll have a check
I'll put your version in the archive!
walkerworks wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:53 pm Using the above ROMs and disc I have the same problem of Bad Command with the *pMOUSE command.

What Master configuration do you have? Just gave the Stop Press a test on my Master with the switchable OS and worked here.
Did you run the master downloader.ssd disc first, before running the system.ssd?

The problem with the Art package is not (yet) solved.
What we found out is that the SCSI variant of the switchable OS does run the AMX Art for the master perfectly.
Using to the IDE version you get the 'Bad sum' error.

Hope to have some answers soon

Cheers
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

walkerworks wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:53 pm I realise it's been a few years since this post but I have uncovered the Slogger Stop Press !boot disc for the Electron in my collection. It's Sloggers conversion of the AMX SP and is not an original disc.

Those ROMs are the standard AMX Stop Press 1.9, and not anything specific for the Electron. Haven't looked at the !boot disc yet but you already posted a version over at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6092&start=180#p253766
- Nigel

walkerworks

Post by walkerworks »

Yrrah2 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:31 pm What Master configuration do you have? Just gave the Stop Press a test on my Master with the switchable OS and worked here.
Did you run the master downloader.ssd disc first, before running the system.ssd?

The problem with the Art package is not (yet) solved.
What we found out is that the SCSI variant of the switchable OS does run the AMX Art for the master perfectly.
Using to the IDE version you get the 'Bad sum' error.

Hope to have some answers soon
I've not tried it on the Master just the Electron which shows the same issue with *pMOUSE although the mouse shouldn't work with this disc on the Master because of the differences in the User Port. I was just hoping it would be the same cure..
Pernod wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:44 pm Those ROMs are the standard AMX Stop Press 1.9, and not anything specific for the Electron. Haven't looked at the !boot disc yet but you already posted a version over at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6092&start=180#p253766
It's a different disc, it's the Slogger AMX Stop Press 1.9 conversion which was released some time before the SP64, I believe it should run on a basic Electron with a User Port.
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

walkerworks wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:14 pm It's a different disc, it's the Slogger AMX Stop Press 1.9 conversion which was released some time before the SP64, I believe it should run on a basic Electron with a User Port.
Interesting =D>

Here's an advert from the 1991 Slogger catalogue:
A M X ' S T O P P R E S S '

The most popular BBC desktop publishing (DTP) package is now available for the Electron exclusively through Slogger.

The software is supplied in the form of 2 16K EPROMs and two disks, and offers unrivalled Mode 0 graphics manipulation for the compilation of eye-catching newsletters, reports, mailshots, forms or anything that requires a mix of text and graphics.

Software facilities include:

* Full digital mouse control (except text)

* 17 standard fonts

* User definable fonts

* Word processor style text editing

* Load text file from disk if required

* Extensive cut and paste facilities

* Zoom and pixel editor

* Graphics manipulation: stretch, rotate, enlarge, reduce, +

* Hi res graphics for painting and drawing

* Import digitised images for inclusion with text

* Screen mode converter

Plus much more!!

Minimum system requirements:
Electron, Plus 1/ROMBOX+, E00 DFS disk system, User Port, 2 ROM sockets and a digital mouse.
- Nigel

Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

walkerworks wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:14 pm I've not tried it on the Master just the Electron which shows the same issue with *pMOUSE although the mouse shouldn't work with this disc on the Master because of the differences in the User Port. I was just hoping it would be the same cure..
Ah my mistake. I'll dig up my Electron and see what/and how on my version.
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
walkerworks

Post by walkerworks »

Yrrah2 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:24 am I'll dig up my Electron and see what/and how on my version.
That would be great, thank you.
Pernod wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:11 am Minimum system requirements:
Electron, Plus 1/ROMBOX+, E00 DFS disk system, User Port, 2 ROM sockets and a digital mouse.
That's basically my setup with Plus 1 and Pegasus disk system..
Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

Well got a bit closer, but I don't think the answer you are looking for.
My Electron has a Slogger Turbo/64k board and is fitted with an extra slogger board under the lid just above the keyboard. Can't remember what kind of board it is (it has a user port on the left side, see pictures of the board), but there is the Stop Press 64 for the Electron.
The guys from Slogger installed back then.
IMG_3468.JPG
IMG_3467.JPG
So my StopPress version it needs a 64k board to run.
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
walkerworks

Post by walkerworks »

That's a Stop Press 64i board which is a version that was sold after this one. I had one of those in years gone by and have been working on and off this last year trying to reproduce the circuit diagram but the PAL chips have got me stumped. If you could let me know their part number(s) that would be good help.

Unfortunately the SP64 is a completely different beast from the AMX version..different boot disc and software..

Thanks for looking..
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

Yrrah2 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:48 am My Electron has a Slogger Turbo/64k board and is fitted with an extra slogger board under the lid just above the keyboard.
I didn't known anyone here actually had a working SP64 board, could you dump the SP64 ROM? We already have SP64 v1.01 but as 2x16K ROMs whereas yours looks like a single 32K. It'll probably match my 2x16K joined but will confirm the ordering. Does that machine show the Stop Press banner at startup, and can you confirm that the ROM is mapped to bank 10?

Do you also have an original SP64 boot floppy that you could image?
- Nigel

Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

Pernod wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:32 pm I didn't known anyone here actually had a working SP64 board, could you dump the SP64 ROM? We already have SP64 v1.01 but as 2x16K ROMs whereas yours looks like a single 32K. It'll probably match my 2x16K joined but will confirm the ordering. Does that machine show the Stop Press banner at startup, and can you confirm that the ROM is mapped to bank 10?
I'll have a look at it in the weekend.
Yes I have the original DFS and ADFS disc. I'll put them both on my site when I've done it, to make the AMX collection more complete.
Wasn't there a too that could creat an ADF or ADL image from a disc using the Beeb or a Master?

I'll also have a look if I have the manual. Bus as I remembered, Slogger gave me A4 size printed papers :lol:

I'll need someone in the NL to help me to dump that 32k ROM. Don't know how to do that.
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

walkerworks wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:04 pm That's a Stop Press 64i board which is a version that was sold after this one. I had one of those in years gone by and have been working on and off this last year trying to reproduce the circuit diagram but the PAL chips have got me stumped. If you could let me know their part number(s) that would be good help.
I'll do that in the weekend too. I'll try to make some good pictures of the board.
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

Pernod wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:32 pm
Yrrah2 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:48 am My Electron has a Slogger Turbo/64k board and is fitted with an extra slogger board under the lid just above the keyboard.
I didn't known anyone here actually had a working SP64 board, could you dump the SP64 ROM? We already have SP64 v1.01 but as 2x16K ROMs whereas yours looks like a single 32K. It'll probably match my 2x16K joined but will confirm the ordering. Does that machine show the Stop Press banner at startup, and can you confirm that the ROM is mapped to bank 10?

Do you also have an original SP64 boot floppy that you could image?
The Stop Press is indeed at 10 (If I may believe Click :) ). Only it shows as one 16k ROM.
And when I switch the Elk on there is no Stop Press banner. Or do you mean something else?
I wil dump the discs later.
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

Yrrah2 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:03 pm The Stop Press is indeed at 10 (If I may believe Click :) ). Only it shows as one 16k ROM.
And when I switch the Elk on there is no Stop Press banner. Or do you mean something else?
I wil dump the discs later.
Thanks, that matches my emulation.
- Nigel

walkerworks

Post by walkerworks »

walkerworks wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:53 pm
Pernod wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:56 pm
billcarr2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:23 am STOP PRESS

System Disc
Font Disc
Master Downloader Disc
Thanks for those, but can't get it to run. Tried in both a B with ROMs loaded and a Master using the Master Downloader, both give Bad Command at the Control Menu trying to issue *pMouse. What am I missing?
Using the above ROMs and disc I have the same problem of Bad Command with the *pMOUSE command.

Derek
I have found the issue the Electron version which appears to be a clash with the AP6 1.31 or 1.33 ROM with *commands beginning with 'p'. It is working happily with v1.30.

Derek
Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

walkerworks wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:21 am I have found the issue the Electron version which appears to be a clash with the AP6 1.31 or 1.33 ROM with *commands beginning with 'p'. It is working happily with v1.30.

Derek
Thats good news!
Now hope the Master AMX problem will/can be solved. [-o<

I have added some pictures of the electron board where you can see the chips, and on the last 2 pictures I have removed the PAL sticker so you can see the chip numbers.

I wonder, there are 2 empty slots. What are these for?
And what do the dip switches do?
And those 3 jumpers?

Cheers
Attachments
The PAL sticker removed
The PAL sticker removed
The PAL1 sticker removed
The PAL1 sticker removed
IMG_3474.JPG
IMG_3473.JPG
IMG_3471.JPG
IMG_3468.JPG
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
Yrrah2

Post by Yrrah2 »

Got the official DFS disc here of SP64.
I have an ADFS too, but don't know how to convert the disc to an ADL image....
Can this be done with a real beeb (or master)
Attachments
SP_ELK.SSD
(200 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Happy with my BBC Master
www.mybbcmaster.nl
walkerworks

Post by walkerworks »

The photos are great, I should be able to get the circuit diagram finished. I think the switches are for ROM/RAM selection. You can select the ROM number for the empty sockets - any of the 12 available. This makes it flexible if you have other ROM expansions installed.

I wrote a review back in the day in EUG No3 which gives a simple walk through.

http://www.acornelectron.co.uk/eug/revs ... 4_000.html

Thanks for the photos,
Derek
walkerworks

Post by walkerworks »

I have started to work with the photos and my circuit diagram and it would be very helpful if you could take a few more photos around the MRB where the wires are soldered on. Do all the wires attach to the MRB?

I'll post the updated diagram when it's complete.

Thanks,
Derek

Return to “archive submissions”