Black Widow II

a near-complete archive of posts from the old ezboard forums
dudleysoft

Black Widow II

Post by dudleysoft »

Hi<br>
<br>
Years ago I wrote a game called <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Black Window II</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> it was published on a Micro User subscription disc. (Sept 94 IIRC) <br>
<br>
If anyone has a disc image of either the disc or just the game I'd love a copy.<br>
<br>
I still have the a backup of the original discs I developed it with, but no longer have a working beeb to transfer them to a discimage, so if anyone could transfer them for me I'd appreciate it (provided the discs are still working, note I have some PC floppies from 88-89 and those are working fine, so I assume the beeb ones are fine as well) email me at dudleysft@btinternet.com if you can do this.<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
<br>
James Watson (Not that one, another one)

<p></p><i></i>
melchett

Re: Black Widow II

Post by melchett »

Might be worth a look through the Micro User disk images that are available on the 8BS website although I couldn't see anything obvious from the filenames:<br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://8bs.com/cgi-bin/catalogue.cgi">8 ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>
<br>
btw did you mean 1994 or 1984?

<p></p><i></i>
Fraser

discs

Post by Fraser »

Are the discs 3.5" or 5.25"? If they are 3.5" it should not be difficult to read them with a PC. If they are 5.25" the usual problem is just not having a drive. I use disk2fdi. The registered version can retry bad sectors. From my experience it is often necessary and does usually work.

<p></p><i></i>
dudleysoft

Re: discs

Post by dudleysoft »

They're 5 1/4" disks, I've got an old Beeb Drive hanging around, I tried linking that up, but it wouldn't read anything (wouldn't even read the PC format disks I had), I also tried reading a 3 1/2" bbc disk I had (I connected an Archimedes external drive to my old beeb and it worked fine, and made a couple of disks using it, but I dont have a version of Black Widow II) using Omnidisk and it wouldn't recognise it at all.<br>
<br>
I've already tried looking for the magazine online, and I haven't been able to find it, I did say 1994 not 1984, I started the game originally in 1989 before I got my archimedes, but my archimedes broke in 1994 and while I was waiting for it to be repaired I dug out my old beeb and found this half-finished game and finished writing it.<br>
<br>
I'll try getting disk2fdi going, dont know how easy it'll be getting a DOS bootdisk made up mind you.

<p></p><i></i>
Dick G

Black Widow II

Post by Dick G »

Hi<br>
<br>
I have just sent TSTH website a 5¼" disk of my copy of Black Widow II. Although it is not the magazine disc it is a working copy of the game. They MAY place it in their archive, but if not, and you want a 5¼" DFS disk of the game email me your address and I will send you a copy!<br>
<br>
You can get me at:-<br>
<br>
<nbtoerag@yahoo.co.uk><br>
<br>
look forward to hearing from you...<br>
<br>
Dick G

<p></p><i></i>
dudleysoft

Re: Black Widow II

Post by dudleysoft »

Thanks to Dick G I now have a copy of my game, he's also submitted a copy on 5 1/4" disk already, but I've made a slight alteration when I found a bug (not in my code, in BeebEm with DirectDraw) that I could work around in my loader code with a *FX19. <br>
<br>
If I could connect to my website (doesn't seem to be responding at the moment) I'd upload a tempory copy that could be downloaded until such time as the game appears on TSTH.<br>
<br>
Look out soon for an announcement in the general discussion section once I can get a copy uploaded to my website.<br>

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “ezboard”