Martello Tower

a near-complete archive of posts from the old ezboard forums
fuzzle

Rose Puzzle

Post by fuzzle »

I've just had a look at this adventure as it's my day off from work and I've been looking for a decent little game to play for a while now and this seems to fit the bill.<br>
The answer to this one seems to be to the number of lines excluding perimeter lines for a regular shape with the stated number of vertices. For example, a square would have four vertices and the answer would be two (the diagonals). A five sided shape (pentagon) would have 5 and a hexagon would have 9. I'll leave you to work out the formula. for an x-sided shape.

<p></p><i></i>
Jimmy From The Block

Re: Rose Puzzle

Post by Jimmy From The Block »

I'm still not to sure how to calculate this one (I'm really crap at maths incase you had'nt guessed) So if it says the Rose has 20 vertices how do i work out the peremeter of the shape. I know whats a Mystic Rose looks like but im really none the wiser.

<p></p><i></i>
fuzzle

Rose puzzle

Post by fuzzle »

The answer is n(n-3)/2 where n is the number of vertices. So if n = 20 the answer is 20*17 / 2 = 170<br>
btw I've just finished the game so I'll be able to help you out later on if required.<br>
<br>
Good luck!<br>

<p></p><i></i>
helsey100

martello tower

Post by helsey100 »

where can I download or buy a copy of martello tower? I used to play this game at school, some 15 years ago and now I'm becoming a teacher myself I thought it might be a fun way of learning maths for children. Please help.

<p></p><i></i>
melchett

Re: Martello Tower

Post by melchett »

You can download a copy from the BBC Lives! website at the following URL:<br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nvg.ntnu.no/bbc/dir.php3?dir ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->

<p></p><i></i>
nweb007

Guards

Post by nweb007 »

I remember playing this game at school so was well pleased to find it on the BBC Lives! site. What's the deal with those guards though? How do you get them to stop pestering you?

<p></p><i></i>
Blackjack Davy

Martello Tower

Post by Blackjack Davy »

Funnily enough I'm working at a real Martello Tower tomorrow as I have done before. I havn't noticed anything out of the ordinary though!

<p></p><i></i>
Jimmy From The Block

Martello Tower

Post by Jimmy From The Block »

A great little game but for years now i've been stuck on the Mystic Rose at the top of the stairs. It describes a beautiful red tapestry embroided on it is a mystic rose the rose has NUMBER (changes each time you visit) of vertices. What is the sum for this any ideas ???????

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “ezboard”