Lord of the Rings game-save

a near-complete archive of posts from the old ezboard forums
AJW

Post by AJW »

I've finally got round to buying the game but on playing the disc image version when I try to save I get 'Record then Return' as if expected tape. Is there a disc image of the disc?

<p></p><i></i>
81RED

Post by 81RED »

You say that you bought the game, and on which format may that be? Im only asking because when I bought the original back when it was released, it only appeared on tape. And I have a pretty good guess why - that game is so memory-demanding that there was simply not room enough left for the DFS to run. The versions I have seen that are supposedly "disc" versions are simply loader-relocate hacks that still does not solve the problem.<br>
My best bet is to use the "save state" - "load state" function found in more and more of the popular emulators.<br>
Hope that helps,<br>
S.

<p></p><i></i>
AJW

none

Post by AJW »

DFS, 40/80 track BBC Model B and brand new.<br>
There's a leaflet which says use the SAVE command but obviously as you say the disc image is some kind of hacked tape version. There's a beginner's game, and the main game is split into two parts, both split once more each on either side of the disc.<br>
Melbourne House also said in the tape version of the Hobbit that graphics would require 19K of memory but the disc version managed it!<br>
Anyway I'll try the save snapshot function of Beebit.

<p></p><i></i>
AJW

none

Post by AJW »

Thanks.<br>

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “ezboard”