I'll show you mine ...

for all subjects/topics not covered by the other forum categories
Advance

Re: I'll show you mine ...

Post by Advance »

Looks like big progress, Paul - clever to manage to make room for a leg. :lol:
Must be much more confortable now - from the look of the before pix you must have had to rope yourself to a wall to do anything. :wink:

Meanwhile, we're still awaiting Mr. Harston's leg space.

Hugh
MartinB

Post by MartinB »

There are productivity downsides to excessive space and comfort though...
Sleep Mode.jpg
Sleep Mode.jpg (37.68 KiB) Viewed 5447 times
Deleted User 9118

Post by Deleted User 9118 »

Here ye all go.
Attachments
mine.jpg
mine.jpg (255.01 KiB) Viewed 5441 times
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Can I just say that I approve of the program being run on pstnotpd's BBC Master?

Thanks.

That is all.

;)
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
TopBanana

Post by TopBanana »

retroclinic wrote:Okay, by popular demand.....first is the testbench, nothing Acorn on there (well, except the monitor!)

More to come later.....
So where's the picture of the Spanish storage facility then Mark ?
regregex

Post by regregex »

Believe me when I tell you the cardboard boxes, disc box and suitcase on the floor are there temporarily having just replaced a sea of clutter. Monday was the first time in a year that I've ironed in my own room.

As for legroom, luckily it doesn't apply here as I would have to turn my head sideways to sit at the Beeb!
Attachments
notmushroom.jpg
notmushroom.jpg (62.25 KiB) Viewed 5368 times
TopBanana

Post by TopBanana »

Crikey :oops:

I can show the Mrs this and she'll never complain mine's a mess again:lol:
danielj

Post by danielj »

Oh g'wan...
Only because I turned the electron on for the first time in about 16 years...
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (610.8 KiB) Viewed 5324 times
Advance

Post by Advance »

But did it work?????

Slogger really got the colour of the Rombox(es) so wrong, didn't they?
retroclinic

Post by retroclinic »

It was more "forward thinking". They supplied their kit "pre-yellowed" so that 30 years later you could still call it mint, and match it with Elks that had spent their entire life on the windowledge :lol:

Mark.
danielj

Post by danielj »

Advance wrote:But did it work?????
Yup, a couple of the keys a bit sticky, but all fired up properly :)
Slogger really got the colour of the Rombox(es) so wrong, didn't they?
So, so wrong. The finish is rather "cheap" too (the cartridge slots look hand carved), but it was a printer interface, did the cartridge thing AND took roms... Don't know if you can spot it, but the expansion Eprom doesn't have anything over the window on it (that's how it was shipped) - I think I might pop a label on that...

Mark, do you have anything left over from that massive slogger haul of 2 years ago? MRB boards and the like?

d.
retroclinic

Post by retroclinic »

danielj wrote:Mark, do you have anything left over from that massive slogger haul of 2 years ago? MRB boards and the like?
Dave M (Arcadian) had most of the slogger stuff - I ended up with a lot of the components and bits from the other side of the guys business of making test equipment.

Mark.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Actually, I've moved on from there now ... to yet another down-market dive (Mark knows). :-

"And who loves joy as he that dwells in shadows?"
Attachments
Flat.jpg
Flat.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 5285 times
Advance

Post by Advance »

Bloody hell, a Workmate! Now that will take some guessing.

In fairness, Mark, the Rombox Plus was a very useful bit of kit and Slogger definitely catered well for Elk fans with other fine add-ons. This Electronism is not one of your finer features.

And what about those Ideal Playroom pix you've promised us????

H.
Slo

Post by Slo »

Don't know if you can spot it, but the expansion Eprom doesn't have anything over the window on it (that's how it was shipped) - I think I might pop a label on that...
Ive just acquired a rombox+ but it has this eprom missing, can anyone supply this?

Andy
danielj

Post by danielj »

Slo wrote:
Don't know if you can spot it, but the expansion Eprom doesn't have anything over the window on it (that's how it was shipped) - I think I might pop a label on that...
Ive just acquired a rombox+ but it has this eprom missing, can anyone supply this?

Andy
I think mine is 1.0something, there's also 2.something which has routines for Slogger's Joystick interface. I'm going to pop mine out just to image it, but I don't have any blank eproms to hand at the moment. Happy to post the image to someone who does if it's not knocking around on the web at the moment...

d.
Slo

Post by Slo »

Can you post the rom images here daniel please in a zip file

Andrew
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Greybeard wrote:Actually, I've moved on from there now ... to yet another down-market dive (Mark knows). :-

"And who loves joy as he that dwells in shadows?"

Looks more like a game of count the Beeb's... :lol:

Mark K.
MartinB

Post by MartinB »

@ Andrew - Version 2.02 (1988) is attached. (Daniel - Don't strip yours down unless it's too late!)

If you're not already flooded with offers, I'll do the rom for you. However, I'm more hard-nosed about individual roms these days since although the Eproms themselves are cheap, with programming, checking, packing and a trip to the PO, it's not a two-minute job so my flat rate for one is a full £5 posted.
Attachments
Slogger Expansion 2dot02.zip
(5.05 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
danielj

Post by danielj »

MartinB wrote:@ Andrew - Version 2.02 (1988) is attached. (Daniel - Don't strip yours down unless it's too late!)

If you're not already flooded with offers, I'll do the rom for you. However, I'm more hard-nosed about individual roms these days since although the Eproms themselves are cheap, with programming, checking, packing and a trip to the PO, it's not a two-minute job so my flat rate for one is a full £5 posted.
Ooops - too late. Oh well. This is V1.0 (1986) - this was probably worth doing before it leaked to nothing anyway. Don't think I've seen 1.0 floating around on't web. Anyway, yes. Setups. As you were...

d.
Attachments
rombox+.zip
(2.44 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Slo

Post by Slo »

Thanks for posting the roms guys, will compare them when i get the time. I think ill take you up on that offer martin but it will have to wait till thursday as im on afters this week till thursday and i have no time to test stuff out. my rombox+ has an unknown rom on the top of it which has a foil sticker over the window with a texas instrument symbol on it which could be the expansion rom? will let you know thursday.

Andrew
Slo

Post by Slo »

Ok martin im sorted, the unknown rom in one of the top sockets with the foil sticker over the window turned out to be the expansion rom and its version 2.02. Ive swapped it into the socket inside and it still works properly so I can only guess that someone removed it at some point and struggled to get it back in as it was a real bitch to do myself. The pegasus is working lovely in both sockets too YAY :mrgreen:
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

1024MAK wrote:Looks more like a game of count the Beeb's... :lol:
It may have maxed out at twenty.

I'm pleased to say that most (if not all) have since been re-distributed amongst members of this forum! :)

That picture was taken getting on for two years ago now ... but what about "spot the Torch Z80"?, or for that matter, the STL Winchester?
MartinB

Post by MartinB »

Slo wrote:The pegasus is working lovely in both sockets too YAY :mrgreen:
Nice one :D

Don't forget though that because you have the ADFS rom fitted, even if you select DFS, PAGE will still be up at $1D00 rather than the otherwise magnificent $E00 if you had DFS alone fitted. Therefore, if the ADFS rom is causing you problems running DFS games, pop that sucker out, sellotape it to a pencil and use it as a hairbrush.
danielj

Post by danielj »

MartinB wrote:
Slo wrote:The pegasus is working lovely in both sockets too YAY :mrgreen:
Nice one :D

Don't forget though that because you have the ADFS rom fitted, even if you select DFS, PAGE will still be up at $1D00 rather than the otherwise magnificent $E00 if you had DFS alone fitted. Therefore, if the ADFS rom is causing you problems running DFS games, pop that sucker out, sellotape it to a pencil and use it as a hairbrush.
You can disable the ADFS and claim the memory back using the *noadfs program on the welcome disc or run the program I posted ages ago here:
http://www.stardot.org.uk/forums/viewto ... 876#p20876 (which is probably exactly the same)
d.
MartinB

Post by MartinB »

Nice one Daniel - I must have missed that =D>

(I still think ADFS roms make better hairbrushes tho.....)
Slo

Post by Slo »

Therefore, if the ADFS rom is causing you problems running DFS games, pop that sucker out, sellotape it to a pencil and use it as a hairbrush.
=D> =D> =D> Ingenious I tell you! What a marvellous invention, it will make the dogs coat lovely haahaa

Thanks daniel that'll surely come in handy but while were on the subject do you know where i can get a plus 3 welcome disk image?
danielj

Oooh! Plus 3!

Post by danielj »

Slo wrote:
Therefore, if the ADFS rom is causing you problems running DFS games, pop that sucker out, sellotape it to a pencil and use it as a hairbrush.
=D> =D> =D> Ingenious I tell you! What a marvellous invention, it will make the dogs coat lovely haahaa

Thanks daniel that'll surely come in handy but while were on the subject do you know where i can get a plus 3 welcome disk image?
I shall have a check for you in the 'morrow. I have one knocking around somewhere.

d.
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
Slo

Post by Slo »

Hmm i thought id looked thru all of STH electron side too thanks arcadian. I found the disk here as well

http://www.acornelectron.co.uk/info/acorn/i-plu3.html

That very first sound of the welcome disk/tape intro brought some fond memories flooding back but my god what a row lol

Return to “off-topic”