Weenies

the place for discussing bbc micro & electron software, emulators, hardware and other issues
bbcfan2002

Weenies

Post by bbcfan2002 »

Yes, it's possible to transfer straight to disc. 5 files, none locked, no block loader. I just used enigma's *TDISC. The code does seem to load the ZONE00 (levels) file multiple times when loading from tape, but it looks like the code also caters for disk, and loads it once.

<p></p><i></i>
ChuckieChamp

ta!

Post by ChuckieChamp »

thanks for the detailed info. doesn't sound like i'll have a problem with that. looking forward to playing it!<br>
<br>
FYI if you're interested in Lemmings on the Beeb then there was also an old Micro User game called 'Colony' (or 'Colonies') that you might want to check out. maybe there's still hope for an 8bit version of Worms... ;)

<p></p><i></i>
ChuckieChamp

Weenies update

Post by ChuckieChamp »

i'm sure this'll be posted in the What's New section soon but i thought i'd be first to tell y'all:<br>
<br>
went looking at Chronosoft's site again to see if they'd got anything else lined up for the Beeb. they haven't. but they do now cater for Beeb emulator fans - they now let you buy Weenies as a disk image if you prefer.<br>
<br>
there's no postage to pay for that AND it comes at a reduced price so you can buy the game for just £1.99!!<br>
<br>
and they accept the ebayer's favourite method of payment - PayPal. now that's service!

<p></p><i></i>
darkcircles

weenies

Post by darkcircles »

i wonder how well this is selling? could be worth producing something if it sells a few hundred copies

<p></p><i></i>
AJW

none

Post by AJW »

At the end of the first level in Colony, the timer has about 5 minutes left and I can't use the 'nuke' function. How do you activate it?

<p></p><i></i>
Dick G

Colony

Post by Dick G »

If you mean the Micro User game of 'Colony' I seem to remember that the program was so large that the programmer ran out of BBC memory! <br>
The program does not know you have completed a level, so you just have to hit the 'break' key and load the next level!!<br>
The fun is just playing each level.

<p></p><i></i>
AJW

NONE

Post by AJW »

Yes somebody else told me that. Are you saying that there might not have been enough space to program in the nuke function?

<p></p><i></i>
ChuckieChamp

Weenies

Post by ChuckieChamp »

quite like the look of this new title (and the way that the publishers accept PayPal).<br>
<br>
BUT i don't really want to buy it unless i can be sure i'll be able to transfer it to disk (and then to a disk image file on my PC).<br>
<br>
has anyone tried this game out yet? and more importantly, has anyone managed to copy it to disk? i don't believe that software protection is an issue with a release coming out now - can't imagine there being a big market for Beeb tape piracy these days! i used to be quite a dab hand at transferring tape 2 disk (and then kicked myself when i found the Stairway and realised how many hours i'd wasted hacking tape loader machine code!) but multi-load games were often impossible to run once transferred and i've got a feeling that Weenies may well be multi-load...<br>
<br>
anybody had positive experiences with this game?<br>

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “general”