BBC <-> PC serial transfer problem

the place for discussing bbc micro & electron software, emulators, hardware and other issues
bbcfan2002

RE: BBC <-> PC serial transfer problem

Post by bbcfan2002 »

Doh!<br>
Should have read this topic a little closer.<br>
<br>
Don't know how to solve the problem but I do know that the BBC / Master has a RS423 port and the Compact has a RS232. So we have the same problem! Although I want to transfer Repton 3 from my Master Compact.<br>

<p></p><i></i>
jonathonsaunders2002

Re:

Post by jonathonsaunders2002 »

Its easy to solve this problem, dont use xfer 4.0 as it simply doesnt work use 3.0 instead.<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>
Sandells

Re: Re:

Post by Sandells »

Hi BBC'ers,<br>
<br>
Just an update to the PC BBC Serial port transfer problem, the Master Compact needs the RS232 upgrade fitted before the serial port will work on these models. I have most of the parts to upgrade my MC, all I'm missing is the Acorn ULA which is hard to find.<br>
<br>
Steve

<p></p><i></i>
Sandells

BBC <-> PC serial transfer problem

Post by Sandells »

Hi BBC'ers,<br>
<br>
Since I'm a huge fan of the BBC computers, I thought I'd try transfering some of the game image from The BBC Lives site and this site. I recently won a BBC Master Compact off ebay to go with my other BBC's (BBC Model B+ and 2 Master 128s). I was trying to use the Xfer 4.0 program to transfer the game files from the unzipped archives on the PC to the BBC Master Compact. I have ran the Xfer program on both the BBC and PC (using COM1), but they cant seem to connect to eachother. The serial cable I am using is one I bought from Chris Richardson ready made for use. I've also tried the PCBBC PCXfer transfer program, but nothing happens. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?<br>
<br>
Steve

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “general”