Repton: The Lost Realms review requested for DnD

The Kraken

Re: Repton: The Lost Realms review requested for DnD

Post by The Kraken »

MatthewThompson wrote:One other thing, which was do you move Repton at the start ? I think downwards, am I right ?
One square right, then downwards, if you're aiming to connect the left cage first (as I do). If memory serves, the area is symmetrical (other than the location of the door), so you could also move one square left then downwards and connect the right cage first.
MatthewThompson

Post by MatthewThompson »

The Kraken wrote:
MatthewThompson wrote:One other thing, which was do you move Repton at the start ? I think downwards, am I right ?
One square right, then downwards, if you're aiming to connect the left cage first (as I do). If memory serves, the area is symmetrical (other than the location of the door), so you could also move one square left then downwards and connect the right cage first.
OK thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow night and see how I get on.
MatthewThompson

Thanks for those tips but unfortunately even with them i'm still no closer to solving this part of the level, I can cage one spirit every single time from pretty much any attempt idea, but the 2nd one always is 1 (or 2) items short to cage the other spirit. I thought you'd need all 3 balloons for each cage, 2 boulders and 3 balloons, then move then all over (somehow) to the other cage, but by going right 1 space and then down you can't move the third balloon over unless you remove earth above the start area which I would of thought defeats the point of going downwards so you can push the boulders across from 1 cage to the other ?

I have 1 pill left so I can move the door out he way, I thought that would be needed so you can move a balloon along the top row. I have tried everything I can possibly think of now, and I just cannot do it, I give up, how do you do this part of the level ?
The Kraken

Post by The Kraken »

You need to use three rocks and two balloons for each cage -- which means one balloon and two rocks will be reused.
MatthewThompson

The Kraken wrote:You need to use three rocks and two balloons for each cage -- which means one balloon and two rocks will be reused.
Thank you for that, put's a whole different light on it now, I am getting very close, now was just 1 boulder short of doing it then. There maybe some hope after all.
MatthewThompson

Get in there !!!! Finally done it , not sure if it was the same route , but I did not use the door pill and I connected the left hand cage to the top of the level and the right hand cage to the bottom of the level , but it worked and i've completed it finally!

Thanks for the tips with this , much appreciated, and helped me achieve it in the end.

Screen C now complete :) , just 3 screens to go.
MatthewThompson

Presto scenario now completed, I personally didn't find it that a hard a scenario, they were levels that needed thinking about but I didn't find them that hard, apart from the spirit/cage area on Screen C, that was the only bit that I got really stuck on.

The last level was interesting, something challenging and different, my best result was finishing it with 4 absorbalency left. All the screens can definitely be completed, without losing a life.

So that's The Lost Realms completed, if anyone gets stuck on any screens and wants a few tips, then feel free to contact me and i'll do my best to help, if I can remember how I did it.

Bring on the next set of new levels.
Dave_E

Post by Dave_E »

I have taken over the mastering of these discs. It's taken me a good while but I'm finally in the position where I can get them sent out to buyers within a day or two. They have the original inlays and instructional leaflets and everything you would expect.

I've put together a great big batch of them for the Wakefield event next week so anyone who is looking for the Master Compact or Electron versions will be able to pick up one there.
CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall »

^good stuff Dave =D>

I can confirm the .ssd image i bought and put on 31/2" floppy
does indeed work in my master Compact \:D/

Great game, but gets a bit hard after screen3 :-s
ImageImageImage
Dave_E

Post by Dave_E »

Just to go back to the original thread for a moment, did Drag n Drop or indeed Retro Gamer ever review Repton The Lost Realms? If not, maybe one of the Retro Software boys should send them one of the spare Electron discs I mastered and ask them to review it. Oh, and of course get one off to Micromart - it has an excellent retro section these days every week.

Both RG and MM review Spectrum stuff all the time. It would be nice to see an Elk or BBC game in there.
SarahWalker

Post by SarahWalker »

RG reviewed Repton TLR back in 2010, giving it 91%.
Dave_E

Post by Dave_E »

Ah yes ... but there's been an Electron version since then...!

Return to “new bbc and electron games from 'retro software'”