stardot.org.uk Move/Forum Upgrade - Sat 18th Sept

past announcements relating to these forums
Samwise
Site Admin

stardot.org.uk Move/Forum Upgrade - Sat 18th Sept

Post by Samwise »

Hi, all.

This Saturday (18th September) we will be moving to our new name stardot.org.uk/forum.

The site will be down for a period of time on that day, perhaps quite a while, so apologies for the outage.

General advice is to always store any big posts you're about to make in the clipboard (or in a separate text editor), before you submit it to the site, just in case there any network problems.

As well as moving to a new name, the forums will also be upgraded to the latest and greatest version and some of the descriptions updated.

We should be back up by Sunday at the absolute latest.

See you on the other side ...

Sam.
Samwise
Site Admin

Re: stardot.org.uk Move/Forum Upgrade - Sat 18th Sept

Post by Samwise »

The forum has now been moved to the new server and also upgraded. You should clear out any stairwaytohell.com cookies, and then restart your browser.

I've upgraded the forum to the latest release and also taken the opportunity to mess a little with the forum wording (e.g. there seemed no need for both a general and miscellaneous category).

As the acorn archimedes forum seems to have been getting more popular recently, I've separated it out so that it matches the 8-bit forums and makes it simpler to pick out software/games and emulator topics from the hardware maintenance/cleaning discussions.

Any problems, please let me know in the feedback forum.

Sam.

Return to “archived announcements”