Repton 2 uef

a near-complete archive of posts from the old ezboard forums
Mick Waites

Re: Repton 2 uef

Post by Mick Waites »

By Acorn, do you mean Acorn Electron? I believe the uef files are Electron game images.<br>
<br>
Anyway, the Electron version of Repton 2 hosted on www.stairwaytohell.com can be completed, I have done so myself (using a lot of save states to help me along!). It's the Repton 2 Superior link (not the Repton 2 Superior (SC RR) - I can't vouch for that one)<br>
<br>
I have heard that one of the early releases of the game being unfinishable due to the gem counter being wrong at the start of the game (BBC version, not sure if it was also the same for the Electron).<br>
<br>
In your other post, you comment on the levels being "reset" when you return to them. This is normal behaviour, the emulated versions you are running are the original games. I guess there wasn't enough memory to remember the status of each level when you return to it, so they were designed in a way that prevents you going back to previously visited areas. I am planning to convert Repton 2 to GameBoy Advance and am undecided whether I should faithfully recreate this feature, or make the game remember, since I have plenty of RAM to play with.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps.<br>
<br>
Mick Waites.

<p></p><i></i>
AJH

BBC Repton2 UEF fix

Post by AJH »

I have managed to inserted the missing diamond into a<br>
uef file of BBC Micro Repton2 (I havent had time to<br>
complete the game, but the diamond is there).<br>
I have submitted the file to TSTH, but have no web space to upload it myself.<br>
Arcite's Hotmail address has gone missing, so if anybody<br>
wants a copy to 'test' before it appears on TSTH, leave<br>
a message on this board.

<p></p><i></i>
Arcite

Repton 2 uef

Post by Arcite »

Does anyone have a copy of the Repton 2 uef for the Acorn that can actually be finished? <br>
Arcite10@hotmail.com

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “ezboard”