Firetrack

a near-complete archive of posts from the old ezboard forums
bbcfan2002

Firetrack

Post by bbcfan2002 »

I recently bought Firetrack on e-Bay, but it has a Data CRC error on the file !FTRACK, which loads the main game code from an area of the disk.<br>
It's self modifying code so 1 byte of error causes the entire code to become useless.<br>
Has anybody got an original or duplicated, ie. not cracked, copy of this that they could *DUMP or similar and write down the resultant &100 hex digits which I can then resave onto my BBC.<br>
Alternatively if somebody was able to transfer !FTRACK onto a PC and e-mail it to me it would be even better.<br>
<br>
Cheers.<br>

<p></p><i></i>
Sandells

Re: Firetrack

Post by Sandells »

Hi bbcfan2002,<br>
<br>
I have the game Firetrack, which I can save as an ADFS images using OmniDisk, but have been unsucessful in writing the image back to floppy. But I can easily copy the !FTRACK for you and send it as an e-mail.<br>
<br>
Steve

<p></p><i></i>
bbcfan2002

RE: FireTrack

Post by bbcfan2002 »

That would be *very much* appreciated!<br>
The disk has some unformatted tracks which may prevent it being rewritten. I think I've found the data which is fetched by !FTRACK, but have no way of knowing where the data is loaded to.<br>
My e-mail is bill.carr2003@btopenworld.com. Hope to hear from you soon, then I can finally see just why the Data CRC error is being generated.<br>
<br>
Cheers.<br>
<br>
Michael...

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “ezboard”