36 Years Later...

where both new and existing forum members can say 'hi' to each other!
cola5pandex

36 Years Later...

Post by cola5pandex »

It is all flooding back, including that fateful day in 1988 when I got myself expelled from school for hacking the Econet.

Hello Stardot. My name is Cola (nickname). Very pleased to meet you guys after all these years. I think it is safe to say that the BBC Micro changed my life. Hopefully, with a little help from some friends, it is time to put things right.

So where was I before that very silly move? Oh yes, I remember... I was going to build a game.

Lets roll.
Multiwizard

Re: 36 Years Later...

Post by Multiwizard »

Hi Cola,

welcome to this great Forum... :D

Greetings from my little Dutch Atomic Attic, Wim... :-)
cola5pandex

Post by cola5pandex »

Multiwizard wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:28 pm Hi Cola,

Thank you so much Wim (if I am right in thinking that this is your name). I just subscribed to your Atom channel so maybe I will speak to you on there too.
Multiwizard

Post by Multiwizard »

cola5pandex wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:02 am
Multiwizard wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:28 pm Hi Cola,

Thank you so much Wim (if I am right in thinking that this is your name). I just subscribed to your Atom channel so maybe I will speak to you on there too.
Is always ok I will try to do my best to help you,,

according to some people I have a few skills, but most of the things I have done I could only achieve with the BIG help of all my Acorn friends... :-)
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

Welcome to the Forum, Cola . . . Enjoy . . . Looking forward to seeing your game - Electron compatible, of course?

Dave H.
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board Cola!

:D :D :D

Welcome to our forum :P

These forums are packed with information and links to other useful sites. But if you can't find what you are looking for, or want any other help, please do ask.

Enjoy the forum :D

You can make your confession here :mrgreen:
Put yourself on the map by sticking a pin in it at this link :P
You can list your Acorn machines vitals here

Mark
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

Welcome, Cola. :D
- John

Check out the Educational Software Archive at www.flaxcottage.com
cola5pandex

Post by cola5pandex »

Multiwizard wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:37 am Is always ok I will try to do my best to help you,,
Thanks Wim
Multiwizard wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:37 am according to some people I have a few skills, but most of the things I have done I could only achieve with the BIG help of all my Acorn friends... :-)
This sounds like humility to me. I like it. :D
cola5pandex

Post by cola5pandex »

daveejhitchins wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:10 am Welcome to the Forum, Cola . . . Enjoy . . . Looking forward to seeing your game - Electron compatible, of course?

Dave H.
Thanks Dave. And yes, Electron compatibility is a high priority for me, even if it comes down to making two versions. The Electron was my first computer (at home) and I spent a lot of time playing games with my brother, who is sadly no longer with us. It has a very special place in my heart.
cola5pandex

Post by cola5pandex »

1024MAK wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:22 am Welcome on board Cola!

:D :D :D

Welcome to our forum :P

These forums are packed with information and links to other useful sites. But if you can't find what you are looking for, or want any other help, please do ask.

Enjoy the forum :D

You can make your confession here :mrgreen:
Put yourself on the map by sticking a pin in it at this link :P
You can list your Acorn machines vitals here

Mark
Thanks Mark. I do have quite a few questions for you guys but I will save them for now. And I will try not to ask questions that have already been covered (I know the drill). In the long run I will probably be looking for feedback and opinions more than anything.

As for my confession... I don't own any Acorn machines. :lol:

I probably should have mentioned that I'm from the West Midlands too.
cola5pandex

Post by cola5pandex »

flaxcottage wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm Welcome, Cola. :D
Thanks John
tricky

Post by tricky »

Welcome, there is an online ABUG dev night every third thursday evening, which I think is nearly two weeks away if you facy telling us a bit more about what you are doing or asking some technical questions, although it sounds like you are experienced on the beeb :)
There is a general ABUG, maybe every third tuesday, not the same week, but I always forget when - hopefully someone will correct me on both but there is a post on the day and you can ask for the Zoom password.
cola5pandex

Post by cola5pandex »

tricky wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 pm Welcome, there is an online ABUG dev night every third thursday evening, which I think is nearly two weeks away if you facy telling us a bit more about what you are doing or asking some technical questions, although it sounds like you are experienced on the beeb :)
There is a general ABUG, maybe every third tuesday, not the same week, but I always forget when - hopefully someone will correct me on both but there is a post on the day and you can ask for the Zoom password.
Thanks. I will keep that in mind, although I'm not really a Zoom type of person. Plus I don't have a camera or a mic on my PC. Maybe at some point though. I certainly appreciate the sentiment.

I am fairly experienced but we all have gaps in our knowledge and it is 36 years later. :lol: I'm a bit rusty. You guys have already been a big help and I'm sure that's just the beginning. Having said that I'm not big on asking too many questions if I can help it. Not that I'm too proud. I just don't want to become a nuisance.
tricky

Post by tricky »

Well, we do get the occasional lurker who just listens, which is fine and who doesn't love to answer technical question and probably get side tracked ;)
cola5pandex

Post by cola5pandex »

tricky wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:32 am Well, we do get the occasional lurker who just listens, which is fine and who doesn't love to answer technical question and probably get side tracked ;)
Well there is that. I'm sure some people actually join these forums just to answer all the hard questions and show everyone how amazing they are. :lol:
So they obviously don't mind. And if you got it, flaunt it. That's my theory.

I'm not just a lurker though. I think I've already written half a book on here. :lol:
lovebug

Post by lovebug »

Welcome :D
Image Image Image Image
cola5pandex

Post by cola5pandex »

lovebug wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:25 pmWelcome :D
Thank you. You look like you might be a NES head. 8)
lovebug

Post by lovebug »

cola5pandex wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:56 pm Thank you. You look like you might be a NES head. 8)
or maybe I used to be a shroom head :lol:
Image Image Image Image
cola5pandex

Post by cola5pandex »

lovebug wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:43 pm or maybe I used to be a shroom head :lol:
It did cross my mind :lol:

Return to “introduce yourself”