Hello

where both new and existing forum members can say 'hi' to each other!
SAHBfan

Hello

Post by SAHBfan »

Hi,

I cut my teeth on the Acorn Electron and later the BBC micro.
I was never much of a games player, but I loved to tinker with add on circuitry and had the Electron reading sensors and controlling relays and motors. I learned far more about electronic circuit design and development from the electron than from three years at college - and it led on to a 35 year career in computing and electronics.

The BBC and Electron have sat in storage in my loft for the last 30 years or so. I dug them out last week and decided to fire them up. Literally "Fire" in the case of the BBC! The power supply capacitors did the usual thing and burnt up. Not much flame but a remarkable amount of smoke! :o
I ordered some new capacitors which I've replaced and gave the BBC a good clean and a general once over - and I'm pleased to say it seems to work perfectly, now.

Sadly, the Electron, despite no smoke or other unpleasantness, appears to have a bizarre fault on it which I'm trying to rectify, not very successfully so far. I am hoping some of the knowledgeable members of this community may be able to help me out with some suggestions (I'll be posting a 'help!' message when I've read the rules ;) )

Steve
Multiwizard

Re: Hello

Post by Multiwizard »

Hi Steve,

welcome to this great Forum... :D

Greetings from my little Dutch Atomic Attic, Wim... :-)
TimoHartong

Post by TimoHartong »

Welcome here on this nice forum. But with a degree in electronics you should have known about the RIFA's :twisted: :mrgreen:
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

Welcome, Steve. :D

That smoke is delightful isn't it? :?
- John

Check out the Educational Software Archive at www.flaxcottage.com
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

Welcome to the Forum, Steve . . . Enjoy . . .

Dave H.
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
tricky

Post by tricky »

Welcome, good luck with the elk

Return to “introduce yourself”