Anybody having trouble playing online?

feedback, questions and discussion relating to www.bbcmicro.co.uk
leenew

Anybody having trouble playing online?

Post by leenew »

Anyone else getting a "Network Error" on bbcmicro.co.uk when clicking the PLAY button?

Lee.
danielj

Re: Anybody having trouble playing online?

Post by danielj »

leenew wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 am Anyone else getting a "Network Error" on bbcmicro.co.uk when clicking the PLAY button?

Lee.
Nope, works for me :?
Cruxinc

Post by Cruxinc »

its working for me as well... :-k
-Elliot :)
Lover of all things acorn, but especially the 8 bits!
- bbc b issue 7 with econet- electron issue 2 - microvitec cub 653 - amx mouse -
i like to use as much original hardware as possible, and only use disk and tapes! :shock:
MarkMoxon

Post by MarkMoxon »

leenew wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 am Anyone else getting a "Network Error" on bbcmicro.co.uk when clicking the PLAY button?

Lee.
If possible, can you post details of a game that is breaking for you?

JSBeeb recently moved domain (from godbolt.org to xania.org), so any links that play games directly on godbolt.org will break. Almost all discs are played on the version of JSBeeb on bbcmicro.co.uk itself, and those should be fine, but any exterior ones will probably be breaking. I just came across this same issue on my Elite site, and I bet it’s hitting a fair few others too.

It should be easy to fix, but it would be great to get a confirmed issue if possible!

Mark
MarkMoxon

Post by MarkMoxon »

If the game in question was "Pixel Dash – Rabbit Rampage", then I have fixed that one (it loads from the Educraft site, and the latter needed updating with the new JSBeeb domain, which is now done).

I haven't managed to find any other games that won't load, so if you have a specific game that's giving you trouble, please let me know!

Mark
leenew

Post by leenew »

Hi Mark,
It was affecting every game.
It looks like it may be Microsoft Edge related?
I installed Opera and it seems to work just fine.
I will test more tomorrow.
Could a VPN cause issues?

Lee.
MarkMoxon

Post by MarkMoxon »

leenew wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:55 pm It looks like it may be Microsoft Edge related?
I installed Opera and it seems to work just fine.
I will test more tomorrow.
Could a VPN cause issues?
Sounds like it's more likely to be an issue with Edge, if it's OK for everyone else and is breaking every game for you but works on Opera. I'd be surprised if it was a VPN issue, it's much more likely to be Edge.

I just tried accesssing both https://bbcmicro.co.uk and https://bbc.xania.org on Edge, and neither are working for me (though everything works in Firefox and Chrome). Though my issue is that both sites displays the JSBeeb dev tools and then stop, rather than giving any errors. So that's different but equally weird. This is what https://bbc.xania.org looks like to me:

Edge.png

Is anyone else having problems with Edge on either of these sites? For bbcmicro.co.uk, click a Play button to run JSBeeb, for xania.org just load the page.

Mark
Cruxinc

Post by Cruxinc »

i use edge most days and i dont have any issues with it when using this lovely website :)
-Elliot :)
Lover of all things acorn, but especially the 8 bits!
- bbc b issue 7 with econet- electron issue 2 - microvitec cub 653 - amx mouse -
i like to use as much original hardware as possible, and only use disk and tapes! :shock:

Return to “the complete BBC games archive”