School Markings: Keep or Remove?

on-topic acorn-related discussions not covered by the other forums
voorsk

School Markings: Keep or Remove?

Post by voorsk »

Hiya!

I was wondering what other people's opinion is on school markings on their Beebs?

One of mine has a school's initials and postcode daubed on the sides in permanent marker. It's not even a nice logo or anything, and certainly not a school I went to (that would be awesome!!). I could easily remove it with some IPA, but it's a bit of the computer's history, and I'm kinda loathe to. It's patina?
20240321_164449.jpg
Has anyone else kept old school markings on theirs?
jimster

Re: School Markings: Keep or Remove?

Post by jimster »

I am of the mind to remove any markings and restore machine back to original look as much as possible. At least the school marking has not been branded on or even scratched on!
james

Post by james »

Coombe Road Primary School, Brighton, BN2 4ED

Who now appear to advertise their address as “Milner Road”. #-o
guesser

Post by guesser »

I would leave neatly branded stuff and say it's part of the computer's Story, but that's just someone's scribbled on it!
Various teletext things including a web based teletext editor which can export as mode 7 screens.
Join the Teletext Discord for teletext chat.
guesser

Post by guesser »

jimster wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:50 pm I am of the mind to remove any markings and restore machine back to original look as much as possible. At least the school marking has not been branded on or even scratched on!
One of my model Bs remains assigned to science related tasks... Un-poked astray though!
Attachments
sciences.jpg
Various teletext things including a web based teletext editor which can export as mode 7 screens.
Join the Teletext Discord for teletext chat.
tricky

Post by tricky »

I have a couple where the postcode was melted in with a soldering iron or similar, so they stay, same for one with a grotto sticker that came from a uni involved with the probe, but I removed some stickers as I doubt the original owner would ever see it.

Return to “general”