ABUG Scotland #5 - Thu 28th March 2024

for the announcement (and discussion) of confirmed physical and virtual ABug events ONLY
gebes

Re: ABUG Scotland #5 - Thu 28th March 2024

Post by gebes »

Yes, it was a great night indeed, thanks for arranging and the great spanish donuts.

Thanks also to Ken for the time spent on the BBC , it was a wonderful in person demonstration of the integra board :D
Ramtop

Post by Ramtop »

As always big thanks to Paul for an excellent event and to Mrs Paul for tasty treats :D

Apologies to everyone for the TV troubles that prevented the STe doing anything interesting.
Gary
gordonDrogon

Post by gordonDrogon »

Also having an interest in old calculators, I brought along my Curta Mark 2 mechanical calculator.

Might bring it again for those who missed it...

The Mk14 did work - and relatively recently too - I think it just needs some TLC so when I have the time I'll have a look at it...

Good session though - thanks again to Paul for arranging it.

Cheers,

-Gordon
KenLowe

Post by KenLowe »

Sorry I never got around to talking to everyone again this visit. I got sucked into trying to solve some issues with a beeb that had an IntegraB board installed on it. It appeared to be linked to an internal PiTubeDirect board that was installed in the machine (unplugging it appeared to solve all the issues), but I've got the machine home with me for further investigation, and having stripped the machine down for a good inspection, I can't find anything wrong. It's all been put back together and is working perfectly now. Hmmm.

Anyway, I know there were a few folks looking for some advice on installing Econet on various systems, but had only limited time left to catch up at the very end of the night, so I'll set aside more time next visit for you all. In the interim, if you want to send me a PM or make a more general post, I'll be happy to try and help you out with your queries.

Oh, and a big shout out again to Paul for setting this up, and for feeding and watering us!
thecellartroll

Post by thecellartroll »

KenLowe wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:10 pm if you want to send me a PM or make a more general post, I'll be happy to try and help you out with your queries.
Thanks for the advice at the end Ken. I will do some research and PM you before the next meeting with a shopping list =P~

Return to “acorn & bbc micro user group (abug) events”