OSSC v1.6 Advice

discuss both original and modern hardware for the bbc micro/electron
craig_read

OSSC v1.6 Advice

Post by craig_read »

I've read a number of posts on the forum about OSSC settings, and I'm struggling with it quite a bit... for example I've read this post on Stardot

viewtopic.php?p=398538&hilit=ossc#p398538

And I've applied these settings and the results in a "No Signal" for my display (a PC monitor, connected via HDMI, ultrawide screen). Incidentally if I set the OSSC to factory defaults, I get a display, but it's quite (best way I can describe it) shimmery... this is the same across all modes.. so I am sure there is some setting I can tweak to improve this, but I'm not familiar with display settings to a very high level..

I've put a post up on the OSSC forum, but I just wanted to ask if anyone else had some guidance, perhaps things I could try? I'm UK based and the device is a BBC master connected to the OSSC (v1.6, FW 0.90a) via SCART. *STATUS TV shows 0,0... but incidentally 0,1 makes no difference to the picture either...

Thanks in advance!

Craig
BBC Master 128k, RetroClinic MOS Switcher, Raspberry Pi CoProcessor with 1GHz Pi Zero, DataCentre Internal with USB (RAMFS)

Return to “8-bit acorn hardware”