WROCC 2024 8-Bit stands

listings of other non-ABug events, proposals relating to unconfirmed events and general event chat
flaxcottage

WROCC 2024 8-Bit stands

Post by flaxcottage »

Just had an email from Chris Hughes, the WROCC Show organiser. For 2024 the show will be at the Bradford Cedar Court venue, which was used last year.

He has asked me to mention tables are available if anyone wants them and that, if you would like to book one, should you contact him directly. He can be contacted via the WROCC 2024 website - https://www.wakefieldshow.org.uk/index.php.
- John

Check out the Educational Software Archive at www.flaxcottage.com
Cruxinc

Re: WROCC 2024 8-Bit stands

Post by Cruxinc »

hi john, thanks for letting us kniw about this. this event interests me.. is it just for archies/ risc pc or for 8 bits as well? thanks a lot and have a good day :)
-Elliot :)
Lover of all things acorn, but especially the 8 bits!
- bbc b issue 7 with econet- electron issue 2 - microvitec cub 653 - amx mouse -
i like to use as much original hardware as possible, and only use disk and tapes! :shock:
BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster »

Is the Wakefield Show never going back to Wakefield? It was all right in Bratford last year, but it's much too far away from the bestest chippy in the world.
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

BeebMaster wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:09 pm Is the Wakefield Show never going back to Wakefield? It was all right in Bratford last year, but it's much too far away from the bestest chippy in the world.
Guess that depends on the government as they have requisitioned the Wakefield Cedar Court Hotel.
- John

daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

BeebMaster wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:09 pm Is the Wakefield Show never going back to Wakefield? It was all right in Bratford last year, but it's much too far away from the bestest chippy in the world.
WHAT . . . . You don't think there are any really good chippys in Bradford - I could take you to a few that would astound you :D Mind you 'once' a fish shop opened serving COD :shock: the owner was found the following day tarred and feathered :lol:

You can even get curry sauce, these days :D

Dave H.
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster »

flaxcottage wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:34 pm
Guess that depends on the government as they have requisitioned the Wakefield Cedar Court Hotel.
Oh yes, and there was me thinking that this had been solved by the billion spent on the rat-infested barge, and another billion being spent on shuttle flights to darkest Africa, that even at this moment is being voted against...
BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster »

daveejhitchins wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:52 pm
WHAT . . . . You don't think there are any really good chippys in Bradford - I could take you to a few that would astound you :D Mind you 'once' a fish shop opened serving COD :shock: the owner was found the following day tarred and feathered :lol:

You can even get curry sauce, these days :D

Dave H.
I can't say I have surveyed the chip shops of Bradford extensively, though the last time I was astounded in an eatery in Yorkshire must have been that curry house in Halifax with the chocolate fountain...
Cruxinc

Post by Cruxinc »

just noticed that this was 3.5 hours away so wont be able to come along. :( shame as it would of been good to bring along my beeb
-Elliot :)
Lover of all things acorn, but especially the 8 bits!
- bbc b issue 7 with econet- electron issue 2 - microvitec cub 653 - amx mouse -
i like to use as much original hardware as possible, and only use disk and tapes! :shock:
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

Just had an email from Chris Hughes, the show organiser. He is asking that, if anyone wants a table in the 8-bit section (there are 5 available) could they contact him directly via the WROCC2024 web site at their earliest convenience.

I was hoping to go this year but, unfortunately, a ballet commitment precludes it. :( Maybe next year.
- John

Ukwebb

Post by Ukwebb »

flaxcottage wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:57 pm
Are you going this year again John? See you there allbeing well :)
BBC Bs, Master 128s, Master Compact, and Electrons, and an A3000 with an ARM3 :)

Don’t Panic and Always Carry a Towel
ElectronTubs

Post by ElectronTubs »

Anyone else going on Saturday, 27th April? I did turn up last year ... but on the Sunday (basically saw a post on Saturday, that said "Show tomorrow" and I didn't look any deeper :-) )
philpem

Post by philpem »

Will be trying to get down there trains permitting - a few of the Stardot Discord gang were talking about going down there too
Questions about software preservation (BBC, RISC OS or other platforms)? Please feel free to ask.
Currently looking for RISC OS software to archive and preserve, please drop me a PM if you have any to offer.

Return to “other events + general event chat”