High Score Challenge - Season 22

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
KarateEd

High Score Challenge - Season 22

Post by KarateEd »

Stardot High Score Challenge - Season Twenty Two!
overall.png
Thanks to Galax for the Mode 7 fonts.
=======================================================================================
Season 22 Round Links
============================

Round 1 - Monsters
Round 2 - Killer Gorilla
Round 3 - Cookie
Round 4 - Laser Reflex
Round 5 - Ossie
Round 6 - Bug Blaster
Round 7 - Challenger
Round 8 - Microbe
Round 9 - Uncle Claude
Round 10 - Missile Control
Round Champ -
=========================================================================================
Season 22 Games List - Starting on Jan. 8th, Monday 9 PM UK Time
=========================================================================================

There is a 4.2% chance of any game being picked initially and a 12.5% chance of one of your 3 games being picked. After that the odds increase with each game that's chosen.

There were 24 games selected for this round, nicely done folks.

Having said that, there is also a very good chance none of your games will get selected this season as only 10 do get selected. I've had that happen to me a few seasons, not a big deal.

Let's go out and have fun with whatever games are selected. As usual, I'll employ the 'blind man's' approached using a bowl with the games in it and holding it above my head when picking the game. It's not very high tech but it's a very good random generator.... :wink:

These are the nominations for Season 22.....and, on with the games.

Cruxinc

rocket raid
swoop
killer gorilla

chrisn

Uncle Claude
Bug Blaster
Monsters

Venger

Crazy Painter
Crystal Castles
Bumble Bee

klintworth

Electrobots Going Underground
Tetrapod
Ossie

fwibbler

Gnasher - Superior software
Challenger - Joe the Lion
Galaxians - Superior Software

MatthewThompson

Firebug - Acornsoft
Cookie - Unreleased
Mr Wiz - Superior

KarateEd

Space Hi-Way
Donkey Kong Jr.
Boffin

ManiacMiner

Microbe - Virgin Games

Laser Reflex - Talent Computer Systems
Missile Control - Gemini
Ed...... :-)

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
Cruxinc

Re: High Score Challenge - Season 22

Post by Cruxinc »

KarateEd wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:16 am karate ed
hi ed! sorry to be a bother but i asked if i could change my game nominations, as overdrive isnt working!
would it be possible to change overdrive to swoop please? thanks a lot! :D
-Elliot :)
Lover of all things acorn, but especially the 8 bits!
- bbc b issue 7 with econet- electron issue 2 - microvitec cub 653 - a420/1 -
i like to use as much original hardware as possible, and only use disk and tapes! :shock:
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Cruxinc wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:16 am
KarateEd wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:16 am karate ed
hi ed! sorry to be a bother but i asked if i could change my game nominations, as overdrive isnt working!
would it be possible to change overdrive to swoop please? thanks a lot! :D
I've done that. Is it your overdrive that isn't working? Ways have been suggested for you to be able to play from the site where nearly all our SSD files come from. You may need to resort to one or some of those methods if you don't have a game that's chosen but anyway, I have replaced overdrive with swoop.
Ed...... :-)

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
maniacminer

Post by maniacminer »

I just had a play of Overdrive in the browser on the Mac and it seems to work ok. The only issue is the high score table doesn't have names next to the scores. I guess taking a screen snapshot of the game and saying what you scored would work ok? The last score is still on the screen, but of little use if the last score isn't the highest score (just in case the player hasn't taken a screen snapshot after every single game)
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 22.06.03.png
Big Model B Econet,Master 512,Electron,A3000,A540,Atom,Unilab 3-Chip Plus,6502,Z80,65C816,80186,32016,Matchbox,ARM7TDMI,Master 10/100,PiCoPro,Teletext,Music500,PiSCSI,Challenger3,Gotek,VideoNuLA,GoSDC,GoMMC,Integra-B,RGB2HDMIv4,Epson LQ-850 (for the win!)

Return to “8-bit acorn software: games - high scores”