High Score Challenge - S21 - Champ - Rubble Trouble

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
SidewayRum

Re: High Score Challenge - S21 - Champ - Rubble Trouble

Post by SidewayRum »

I never thought something could move so fast without flicker! Cute game, while it turn difficult too early.
Notes:
You can have a fancy music playing while you're told about death of billions.
Cavemen wear shoes.
The most common cause of death in the post atomic world is being trampled by bouncing stones.
Coders can lie about extra lives.
I still don't understand how the bonus blocks work.
rubble.jpg
Cybershark

Post by Cybershark »

SidewayRum wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:40 pm I never thought something could move so fast without flicker! Cute game, while it turn difficult too early.
Exactly what I was saying. Venger says that level is a one-off though?
SidewayRum wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:40 pm Coders can lie about extra lives.
I found no mistruth in what the instructions say: "A bonus caveman is awarded at 6000 points."
SidewayRum wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:40 pm I still don't understand how the bonus blocks work.
Had to go re-read the instructions (which I'd only really skimmed before).
Apparently "On the second and third maze, the bonus rocks have special functions!". Interesting! I know that a lot of Pengi variants have a dynamic that involves lining up three bonus bricks in a row and now wonder if something like that may apply here? Probably not :lol:

And what was the crap about Krackat eggs that the instructions try to fob us off with?
"The Krackats develop from eggs, so you may be able to kill them before they develop!"
Can't run over them, kick them or slam a boulder through them until they have "matured", can you?
Venger

Post by Venger »

Cybershark wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:01 pm
SidewayRum wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:40 pm I never thought something could move so fast without flicker! Cute game, while it turn difficult too early.
I found no mistruth in what the instructions say: "A bonus caveman is awarded at 6000 points."
SidewayRum wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:40 pm I still don't understand how the bonus blocks work.
Apparently "On the second and third maze, the bonus rocks have special functions!". Interesting! I know that a lot of Pengi variants have a dynamic that involves lining up three bonus bricks in a row and now wonder if something like that may apply here? Probably not :lol:

And what was the crap about Krackat eggs that the instructions try to fob us off with?
"The Krackats develop from eggs, so you may be able to kill them before they develop!"
Can't run over them, kick them or slam a boulder through them until they have "matured", can you?
You can kill the Krackats when they've yet to hatch but you have to be quick. You have to squash them against another boulder. I don't know what the special functions are on level 2 and 3 either, but I may look at trying to align blocks (made all the more trickier as they rebound a few times and also are prone to disintegration).

Looking back at an old thread, apparently the speedy levels alternate with the slower levels (speedy x 4 Krackats, slow x8 Krackats, etc.).
Venger

Post by Venger »

Got through to the 3rd speedy round but it's very much a case of luck as to where they spawn if you're going to have any chance of survival. Broke the 20K barrier by a bit though.
Attachments
RT4.png
SidewayRum

Post by SidewayRum »

Cybershark wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:01 pm

Later, the "levels" are sorted between "4" and "5", with a variable number of enemies and two possible tiers of speed. It can happen to have 4 enemies at ultimate speed or 8 at average speed. I didn't found any recurring logic about, if there's one.

They didn't lied, but they cheated me anyway XD. Why I had to be rewarded for just 1/3 of the effort :lol: ? The game deal most of points by time bonus, so +1 lives after X stages would be fair.

I've tried, and "egg" is the first frame alone, just the first crack and it doesn't work. Sincerely, is too risky and the early seconds should be spent to move away from monsters in a safe area, possibly far from blind corners.
MatthewThompson

Post by MatthewThompson »

New high score.
Attachments
Screen1.jpg
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Slightly better score......
RubbleTrouble-6.png
Ed...... :-)

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
klintworth

Post by klintworth »

IMG_2791.jpeg
BBC B Issue 4 & 7, BBC B (USA), BBC Master, Electron, BBC Master Compact, Olivetti PC128S, Castle A7000+, A3020, Valiant Turtle, Trekker Robot
Rod C

Post by Rod C »

Phew, that was hard work!

13842.PNG
maniacminer

Post by maniacminer »

I spent Xmas with COVID, so I missed the samey motorbike game, I did have a go but got a migraine and left it alone. It has taken me over two weeks to get back to "normal" and so I had a play on Rubble Trouble last night and another go this morning (seems most of the office is unwell - eek!) and I had some spare time (partly ordering components for three bare new Issue 7 PCBs and playing this) I can't seem to get a better score, so this is my max. I read the comments about the game and I totally agree. One extra thing I'd add, the RNG is a killer, esp. on L5 where I am placed right next to a hatching monster and I can't move anywhere near fast enough to avoid insta-death #-o I'm still not 100% so this will be it until the next challenge.
Attachments
RTSCR.png
Big Model B Econet,Master 512,Electron,A3000,A540,Atom,Unilab 3-Chip Plus,6502,Z80,65C816,80186,32016,Matchbox,ARM7TDMI,Master 10/100,PiCoPro,Teletext,Music500,PiSCSI,Challenger3,Gotek,VideoNuLA,GoSDC,GoMMC,Integra-B,RGB2HDMIv4,Epson LQ-850 (for the win!)
fwibbler

Post by fwibbler »

So, finally figured out what to do with the 150 blocks (yes, it took all this time) and beat my old score.
Attachments
RT3.png
fwibbler

Post by fwibbler »

Right, this'll probably be my last go at this one. Getting those 150 blocks really helped.
Attachments
RT4.png
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

Bit of a jump.....finally.....
RubbleTrouble-7.png

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
klintworth

Post by klintworth »

IMG_2792.jpeg
BBC B Issue 4 & 7, BBC B (USA), BBC Master, Electron, BBC Master Compact, Olivetti PC128S, Castle A7000+, A3020, Valiant Turtle, Trekker Robot
fwibbler

Post by fwibbler »

Managed a slight nudge on the score again.
Attachments
RT5.png
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

High Score Tables Updated for Season 21, Round Champ......

This was a great game, thanks Venger. If there were any faults I would say it's the timing of horizontal speed and vertical speeds are different and I often got nailed because of that. Some have said it's sort of a Pengo take-off but I disagree. It plays very much differently than that game even though there are some similarities such as you do push blocks and stacking 'kills' up, 1,2 or 3 monsters nets you more points but definitely a much different style than Pengo.

Unsurprisedly, we have a winner and that is Venger . Congratulations on an excellent score and win Venger. And with this it's an end to another great season of diverse games. Season 22 is now under way so go get 'em folks. =D> =D>

On a side note I'd like to thank all those who played this round. We had 10 playing this game this round so.....Thank you!!! It seems we are mostly averaging out at 11 so this participation is a bit below average.

As usual please check to ensure I've not missed anyone's scores because it's easy to miss things on this and I really don't want to do that for anyone's hard earned score.

Return to “8-bit acorn software: games - high scores”