Vprotect oddities

discuss general risc os software applications and utilities
Related forum: adventures

AndyMc1280

Vprotect oddities

Post by AndyMc1280 »

So

Poking about with the ROOL disc image on my R260.
Perhaps in Prep for RO 3.20 roms. Have latest bugfixed !VProtect !Killer and an Ancient copy of Vzap.

It works 8) (heck it works on my A3010 with 4mb as long as I dont try and load internet.)
But #-o
IMG_20231210_202744.jpg
Every other boot I get a message like this.
"Virus!" I hear you all shout. Well yes thats what I thought too. Several runs of !Killer and VZap - nothing found. Advisories and warnings (doesn't like Alias lines) but no actual virus/grot to be cleared out.

Loading Vprotect module from Bootutils - same as in Uniboot. Have a module loading that suppresses the RO Banner, and a few other things.

Any thoughts ?
sirbod

Re: Vprotect oddities

Post by sirbod »

VProtect uses some "interesting" techniques to analyse Modules as they're loaded, so it could be related to that.

It should be RMLoad'd in !Boot.Utils.BootRun before anything else.
AndyMc1280

Re: Vprotect oddities

Post by AndyMc1280 »

sirbod wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:17 pm VProtect uses some "interesting" techniques to analyse Modules as they're loaded, so it could be related to that.

It should be RMLoad'd in !Boot.Utils.BootRun before anything else.
Aha! It is RMLoaded at the start of BootRun as it should be and it doesn't surprise me about weird analysis of modules. I shall have a look in my boot tasks. Assuming it is there, as starting desktop seems to be where I get the uh... prompt.

Booty! yes I know, thank you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “32-bit acorn software: other”