SunFish

discuss general risc os software applications and utilities
Related forum: adventures

silcreval

SunFish

Post by silcreval »

Next step on my Risc OS journey.

I've got a ton of software for the RiscPC which I wrote many moons ago and I'd like to transfer it across to the working system.

Networking is all running fine - so I'd like to get SunFish running so I can use NFS to move files around.

I've installed this on the Risc 4.02 system and it runs - but immediately tells me

System.Modules.CLib is not found.

This rings a distant bell. I do have CLib which may have come with Acorn C++, but its an older compiler probably from the Castle period.

Do I need to download something and/or modify the !Boot folder to make this work?
IanJeffray

Re: SunFish

Post by IanJeffray »

silcreval wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:03 pm Do I need to download something and/or modify the !Boot folder to make this work?
I think SunFish sadly needs the ROOLy CLib : https://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/common
Download the "System Resources" and merge the !System folder with your existing one using !SysMerge
(The single module you need is actually in !System.310.Modules)
silcreval

Post by silcreval »

Many thanks for getting back.

I tried as above - and after clicking on SysMerge I seem to get a few errors. It complains that BootCmds is not present - although I see its in both the source and destination.

Most programs run OK - but FreeTime tells me the shared c library is out of date, and SunFish gives the same error about Systems.Modules.CLib.

I did install AcornC++ so I'm wondering if this has messed things up a bit? I should probably install the latest version although the version I have was purchased at the same time as RiscOS 4.02 so they should in theory match.
mark71

Post by mark71 »

silcreval wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:02 pm Many thanks for getting back.

I tried as above - and after clicking on SysMerge I seem to get a few errors. It complains that BootCmds is not present - although I see its in both the source and destination.

Most programs run OK - but FreeTime tells me the shared c library is out of date, and SunFish gives the same error about Systems.Modules.CLib.

I did install AcornC++ so I'm wondering if this has messed things up a bit? I should probably install the latest version although the version I have was purchased at the same time as RiscOS 4.02 so they should in theory match.
I just run !ADFFS as it has usually the latest CLib and generally sent solves this problem. Then run Sunfish
silcreval

Post by silcreval »

Thanks Mark - I'll give that a try

Return to “32-bit acorn software: other”