High Score Challenge - S21 - R5 - Nevryon

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
MatthewThompson

Re: High Score Challenge - S21 - R5 - Nevryon

Post by MatthewThompson »

New high score - managed to get to the end of Level 3 .
Attachments
Screen1.jpg
Tetlee

Post by Tetlee »

Finally managed to get off level 1, hate the way you lose all your powerups again.

I'm sure this is a great game but too frustrating for me seeing my shield all but gone by the time I reach some powerups each time. If there was a way to replenish power I might be able to look past it but don't think I'll bother any further, between that and the slowdown I wasn't really enjoying this one sadly.

Anyway best I could manage, it's the taking part that counts :)
Attachments
IMG_20231014_204604_678.jpg
Cybershark

Post by Cybershark »

Tetlee wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:16 pm ...by time I get a couple power ups I'm dead and have to start over.

What is the seceret, try to just avoid enemies until powered up a bit?
The hardest part of most levels is getting those first couple of power-ups. The ship's standard auto-fire just isn't rapid enough to dispatch the baddies quickly enough. Once you've got that first power-up then it becomes a lot easier to get more and, once you've acquired the ram, then you can fairly cruise through the levels with impunity. It's only really the barriers that should trip you over after that.
MatthewThompson

Post by MatthewThompson »

A small increase.
Attachments
Screen1.jpg
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

High Score Tables Updated for Season 21, Round 5......

I think this game is a 'niche' game. It seems pretty good to me but I really struggled and in fact never got to the 1st part of level 2. It's not an easy game with the bullets being very difficult to avoid due to speed of them appearing and moving but still a decent game.

Again, we have a winner and that is, with a nice score of over 70k Venger . Congratulations on an excellent score and win Venger. =D> =D>

On a side note I'd like to thank all those who played this round. We had 9 playing this game this round so.....Thank you!!! It seems we are mostly averaging out at 11 so this participation is below average.

As usual please check to ensure I've not missed anyone's scores because it's easy to miss things on this and I really don't want to do that for anyone's hard earned score.
Ed...... :-)

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.

Return to “8-bit acorn software: games - high scores”