Socketeer

discuss general risc os software applications and utilities
Related forum: adventures

philpem

Socketeer

Post by philpem »

Hi all,

Has anyone got a copy of Socketeer -- especially the source code -- saved anywhere?

It looks like it was initially developed by Matthew Bloch (soup-kitchen.demon.co.uk / soup-kitchen.net), then later taken over by Andy Carter, Alex Waugh and Geoff Youngs (fruit.ukgateway.net). Sadly all these websites are now long gone, and Archive.org has only saved some of the files.

It seems like the latest version was 0.18.03a, which can be grabbed from https://www.tmfraser.co.uk/home/files/ -- but sadly this doesn't include the source code.

Cheers
Phil
Questions about software preservation (BBC, RISC OS or other platforms)? Please feel free to ask.
Currently looking for RISC OS software to archive and preserve, please drop me a PM if you have any to offer.
rps102

Re: Socketeer

Post by rps102 »

I have
  • 0.16.30 distribution Zip
  • 0.17.24 and the matching sources
if either of those is better than nothing?
Sprow.
philpem

Post by philpem »

rps102 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:47 pm I have
  • 0.16.30 distribution Zip
  • 0.17.24 and the matching sources
if either of those is better than nothing?
Sprow.
Could you upload the 0.17.24 binaries and sources? It'd be great to have those -- as you say, better than nothing!

Thanks!
Questions about software preservation (BBC, RISC OS or other platforms)? Please feel free to ask.
Currently looking for RISC OS software to archive and preserve, please drop me a PM if you have any to offer.
rps102

Post by rps102 »

Could you upload the 0.17.24 binaries and sources? It'd be great to have those -- as you say, better than nothing!
Here you goes,
Sprow.
Attachments
sources.zip
(371.23 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
binaries.zip
(349.57 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Return to “32-bit acorn software: other”