Everyday Electronics - BBC & electron projects

This is where we keep track of who is scanning what, so we can avoid duplicating work and also define conventions/standards etc
Moderators: DaveH, andrew_rowland, Dave_E, bfoley, sabre150, Moderators
algenon_iii

Everyday Electronics - BBC & electron projects

Post by algenon_iii »

I've got a few issues of Everyday Electronics with BBC Micro/electron projects in them. Off the top of my head: speech synth, electron userport, disco light controller, lightpen plus a few more.

If I've got the time and people are interested I might be able to get the projects scanned over Christmas (it'll take my mind off the left over turkey :wink:).

My only real concern is that unlike the old 8-bit computer mags Everyday Electronics is still being published so I don't want people (including myself) to be sent nasty letters from lawyers, any thoughts :?:
Elk Towers

Re: Everyday Electronics - BBC & electron projects

Post by Elk Towers »

Why not email them and ask if its ok

Here is the link http://www.epemag3.com/index.php?option ... t&Itemid=3

seeing as they are 20 to 25 years old I wouldnt of thought they would mind but you may have to also ask the actual authors as well.

on a side note is the elk user port project for a twin or single port one as I can remember a twin one back in the day.

Nick
Nick
elk with mrb, mode 7 adaptor mk1, plus 3, plus 1, AP6, AP5,Econet,WIfi, AP34, E2P, RGB2HDMI
algenon_iii

Post by algenon_iii »

I was thinking about contacting them, I might send them an initial email before I dig out issue numbers and what have you.

Knowing what copyright agreements can be like for periodicals chances are there won't be any need to contact the original author (you often give away the sole right to print, publish and sell).
jgharston

Post by jgharston »

I've been gradually going through my Everyday Electronics collection scanning and cleaning up BBC related stuff as well, mainly concentrating on MIDI stuff like this.

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.45
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2024
>_

Return to “coordination of magazine scanning projects”