Trading Section

feedback, comments and suggestions pertaining to the stardot forum
KenLowe

Trading Section

Post by KenLowe »

Is it normal that the trading section of the board is not visible if you're not logged in, or is this possibly something that's changed with the recent upgrade?
baz4096

Re: Trading Section

Post by baz4096 »

The change was to discourage the use of automated monitoring scripts and give everyone a fairer chance at replying to posts. This change was unrelated to the recent server migration.
KenLowe

Post by KenLowe »

Hmmm. Ok. I did previously point individuals to my For Sale threads for details, even though some may not have been members of the forums (mainly individuals from the Facebook group). I'll need to rethink that now...
baz4096

Post by baz4096 »

Yeah, same here. I pointed a non-stardotter over this way and they couldn’t my view my thread either. I’ll have a chat with Daniel and see what might be done.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Keep in mind that the purpose of the trading section is for forum members to trade with one another.

If you want to post technical details of your developments and the resulting items, use the appropriate hardware or software forum.

But keep the actual trading in the trading section.

Obviously we would like members to provide links across from your trading topic(s) to the technical details (if relevant). And vice versa.

Mark
baz4096

Post by baz4096 »

I don’t disagree with the reason, it’s just a departure from ‘how it was’. My post is specifically a selling post with information about how to order and questions/answers from people who ordered from me previously. Tricky to fit that elsewhere. Will have a think and see if there’s a different way I can do it.
KenLowe

Post by KenLowe »

Similarly, I have a couple of For Sale threads that are separate from the development threads. An example is the PiEconetBridge thread, that provides some quick useful information, without having to read through 87 pages of development!

For Sale thread: viewtopic.php?t=25126
Development thread: viewtopic.php?t=22868

Whereas, previously I would have pointed non stardotters (mainly individuals from the Facebook group) to the For Sale thread, I will now need to find a different way to do this. It's not a major issue. As Baz says, it's just different to how it was, and the reason for the original post is because I didn't know if this change was deliberate or not.
danielj

Post by danielj »

Will have a think about a solution over the next couple of days - as BaZ said it's about making sure everyone gets a fair crack of the whip, but that applies really to 2nd hand stuff rather than "new" products.

For the time being just warn people they'll need to be logged in (it's not unusual for communities to require membership to get at the trading threads).

Return to “stardot FORUM”