Space City is bad

feedback, questions and discussion relating to www.bbcmicro.co.uk
Diminished

Space City is bad

Post by Diminished »

I happened to have this YouTube video on in the background while cooking dinner. It demonstrates an old type-in game from Beebug called Space City:

http://bbcmicro.co.uk/explore.php?id=1364

I played this BITD, so I spotted straight away that the copy of the game used here (from bbcmicro.co.uk) contains an error. Sure enough, line 200 is missing the second half of the VDU statement. This means that the screenshot on the page is also wrong.

Here is an SSD that contains a fixed copy, SCFIXED:

spacecity-fix.ssd
(200 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

(I have no idea how you unlock a DFS file so I wasn't able to just provide a drop-in replacement SSD for the site -- somebody else will have to do that)
lurkio

Re: Space City is bad

Post by lurkio »

Diminished wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:33 pm Here is an SSD that contains a fixed copy, SCFIXED ... I have no idea how you unlock a DFS file
It's

Code: Select all

*ACCESS <filename>
Thanks for the fix! =D> =D> =D>

http://bbcmicro.co.uk/game.php?id=1364

Reported:

viewtopic.php?p=394944#p394944

:idea:
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Hi,
Thanks for spotting the error.
Regards,
Mick.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Hi all,
Another thing of interest with Space City is that this version has some extra lines added that are not in the Beebug 1.08 mag at lines 115, 277 and 295 that include a highscore routine.
I have checked a few Beebug mags to see if this was added by them but have not found anything yet.

Does anyone know where this routine came from? It is good, but just not part of the original listing as far as I can see.

Mick.

Return to “the complete BBC games archive”