High Score Challenge - S20 - R06 - Galaforce2

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
fwibbler

Re: High Score Challenge - S20 - R06 - Galaforce2

Post by fwibbler »

Finally got a good go of this in this morning.
I think this is further than I got bitd too. :D
Attachments
gf4.png
Rod C

Post by Rod C »

fwibbler wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:03 am Finally got a good go of this in this morning.
I think this is further than I got bitd too.
Nice work! =D> I haven't got past level 10.

I've been trying to glean more points from some of the screens. It does tend to make you feel like you're sitting on the edge of a crumbly cliff though. :lol:

154480.PNG
DutchAcorn

Post by DutchAcorn »

First and final attempt. Not really my kind of game, bit too repetitive for me.
Attachments
galaforce.jpg
Paul
fwibbler

Post by fwibbler »

This is my final stab at this one. I'm quite pleased.
Attachments
gf5.png
MatthewThompson

Post by MatthewThompson »

Final attempt and finally managed to beat my score.
Attachments
gf2.jpg
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

High Score Tables Updated for Season 20, Round 06......

This is a really smooth FPS. We've probably all played this at one time or another and that attests to it's proper programming and playablility.
Anyway once again ....... the winner is Venger with an absolutely amazing score of over 336k which is very good in this game. Congratulations on a great high score and win Venger. =D> =D> =D>

On a side note I'd like to thank all those who played this round. We had 11 playing this game this round so.....Thank you!!! It seems we are mostly averaging out at 11 so this participation is exactly average.

As usual please check to ensure I've not missed anyone's scores because it's easy to miss things on this and I really don't want to do that for anyone's hard earned score.
Ed...... :-)

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
Venger

Post by Venger »

Thanks, Ed :)

What sets this game apart from some others (apart from the speed and the smooth scrolling) is the varying nature of the "power ups" (or "power downs" in some cases!). There are far too many power ups floating around on the various stages for me to be able to efficiently remember exactly what each one does so I sort of left most of the power ups alone after getting the extremely rapid fire ones. All I remember is that there are a few nasty ones on level 6 and also one that actually kills you on level 9 (so I generally left the power ups alone on that level). Of course, it's not always possible to pick and choose as sometimes you'll hit power ups by accident with stray bullets :oops:

The hardest level for me was level 16, with two "eyeball" motherships and a fast moving fighter that's an exact copy of yours speeding from left to right at the top of the screen. It's a very good idea to keep your smart bombs for this level. It was this level (2nd time around) that killed me off in the end.
maniacminer

Post by maniacminer »

Arrrrgggghhh! I missed this one when getting too involved in hooking up cmorley's FTDI board and decoding the output with Hoglet's 6502decode. #-o My usual score on GF2 is around 200k-ish - it's on my Shooters Disc 1 that I have been testing a few floppy drives I received in a random lot of stuff from eBay :D
Big Model B Econet,Master 512,Electron,A3000,A540,Atom,Unilab 3-Chip Plus,6502,Z80,65C816,80186,32016,Matchbox,ARM7TDMI,Master 10/100,PiCoPro,Teletext,Music500,PiSCSI,Challenger3,Gotek,VideoNuLA,GoSDC,GoMMC,Integra-B,RGB2HDMIv4,Epson LQ-850 (for the win!)

Return to “8-bit acorn software: games - high scores”