Acorn emulator for TTGO vga32 v1.4

discuss emulators of 26-bit acorn systems e.g. arculator and rpcemu
IgnacioMonge

Acorn emulator for TTGO vga32 v1.4

Post by IgnacioMonge »

I have a TTGO vga32 v1.4 with an Spectrum ZX emulator and I would like to install an Acorn Atom emulator for trying some games and software. Is there anything similar available? Thank you.
poink

Re: Acorn emulator for TTGO vga32 v1.4

Post by poink »

It's not the Atom, but it looks like someone was working on a port of Elkulator (the Acorn Electron emulator) to the TTGO vga32.

https://github.com/rpsubc8/ESP32TinyElkulator
http://www.retrowiki.es/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=200038493 (in spanish)

I see you're new to the Acorn machines; so assuming it's a general interest, then the Electron is almost certainly a better platform for exploring games and software than the (much earlier) Atom. (However, it must be said that the Electron is a cost-reduced BBC Micro[1], both in terms of features and performance.)

[1] Known as the Proton during development, if you're wondering about the name being the odd one out.
leendert

Post by leendert »

IgnacioMonge wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:14 pm I have a TTGO vga32 v1.4 with an Spectrum ZX emulator and I would like to install an Acorn Atom emulator for trying some games and software. Is there anything similar available? Thank you.
Indeed, there is! See the ESP32VGA thread, including the bin file you can load. In a couple of days I will also publish the source code on Github and share the relevant link.

Leendert
Atom 6502 rocks.

'If everything is transparent, you would see nothing'
IgnacioMonge

Post by IgnacioMonge »

Thank you so much and apologies for my late response!

Return to “32-bit acorn emulators”