Tape Audio: CFCH Haul

contribute new/updated software missing from online archives
vanekp

Re: Tape Audio: CFCH Haul

Post by vanekp »

that is a very odd place to put the file in Windows, and no I had not done that it has always just worked with them in the folder where I work with wav and csw files, but will give it a try but am very curious why they need to be places in a windows folder now.

I have copied the files there but it still gives me the same error message.
Regards Peter.
vanekp

Post by vanekp »

INSTALLING:
There is not an automatic installer. Place the files in the SysWOW64 folder in the Windows SysWOW64
folder. If you are using 64-bit Windows place the files in the System32 folder in the Windows System32
folder. It is worthwhile removing any older versions of borlndmm.dll on your computer.

First it says to put them in SysWOW64 then it proceeds to say to put them in the windows32 folder :?

anyway I have tried both with the same result on Windows 10 64bit.

ahh I missed the folder named system32 in the x64 folder #-o
Fraser wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:57 am Have you followed the installation instructions on page 1 of the manual?
Regards Peter.
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

If you have 64-bit Windows the 32-bit Windows files should not be needed. System32 is a suitable place for system dll files. bpl is a similar type of file.
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

If your using 32-bit Windows the files in SysWOW64 should go into Windows\System32. The instructions are not correct for 32-bit Windows. I have tested it on 32-bit Windows and it does appear to be working.
vanekp

Post by vanekp »

Fraser wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:07 pm I have made a download link for MakeUEF 2.4. I am planning to get it hosted somewhere permanently.

https://we.tl/t-EaHLs9OLuI
Hi Fraser just to report back on makeuef 2.4 I have converted all my images with the new version I have had no problems and it seems to have fixed the known bugs in makeuef 2.3 and all works well. The only thing I notice is it does not make a sound anymore when there is an error when building the UEF.
Last edited by vanekp on Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Peter.
fuzzel

Post by fuzzel »

Would it be possible to make this file available again? The transfer link has expired.
vanekp

Post by vanekp »

I have put it on my Google drive you can download it from this link seeing there is no permanent place to get it from like Github :)
Regards Peter.
fuzzel

Post by fuzzel »

Great thanks
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

I am trying to get somewhere to hold MakeUEF. I've rewritten the installation instructions as so:

There is not an automatic installer. If you are using 64-bit Windows place the files in the x64\System32 folder in your Windows\System32 folder. If you are using 32-bit Windows place the files in the x86\System32 folder in your Windows\System32 folder. The 32-bit Windows files are not needed for 64-bit Windows.

It is worthwhile removing any older versions of borlndmm.dll on your computer.
vanekp

Post by vanekp »

Came across three other titles that use 1200/300 baud switching :-
ApplePie(CSM-Visions) uses 1200/300 baud
GetSet (GriffinSoftware) 1200/300 baud block plus 8o1
Swarm(ComputerConcepts) uses a 300 baud block
and of cause Doctor Who and the mines of terror uses multiple baud rate switching bits in its copy protection blocks
Regards Peter.
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

With MakeUEF you can have a command such as: Makeuef -i name with spaces.csw. Is this usually allowed at the command prompt? You can also write Makeuef -i "name with spaces.csw". If there is more than one space character the latter style must be used. I am thinking about removing support of the former style.
vanekp

Post by vanekp »

I am sure that and file name in the command prompt with spaces need to be in quotes to work or else it take it as being the next parameter.
Regards Peter.
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

I will remove the concatenation of file name parts. Another minor bug I have discovered is that with DC offset removing with the amateur version I am removing a chunk from the end of WAV files. I can't remember what it is.

Return to “archive submissions”