JASPP to release the TBA Software titles

subjects relating to classic games for the archimedes and risc pc
sirbod

JASPP to release the TBA Software titles

Post by sirbod »

TBA Software have granted JASPP permission to release some of their titles. I have to personally thank Martin at TBA for starting the process via this forum.

The following games are available as downloads in the JASPP Games section and as packages via PackMan:
Brutal Horse Power
The Cobalt Seed
Command Ship
Cyber Ape
Formula Two Thousand
Mirror Image and Merp

JASPP hope to release the remaining titles, once the authors have been contacted:
Axis (author has now been contacted)
DragonBall

If you're the author of one of these games or know how to contact the author, please get in touch.
Last edited by sirbod on Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
VectorEyes

Re: JASPP to release the TBA Software titles

Post by VectorEyes »

For some reason I had it in my mind that Martin (Piper) had written Axis. Is that incorrect?

(Also, great to hear that the TBA titles are getting released at last. Some of them were great, it’ll be nice to play with them again).
jms2

Post by jms2 »

VectorEyes wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:01 pm For some reason I had it in my mind that Martin (Piper) had written Axis. Is that incorrect?
It is incorrect, Axis was written by Jamie Bryant . Getting these games released would be brilliant, well done Jon!
sa_scott

Post by sa_scott »

sirbod wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:12 pm TBA Software have granted JASPP permission to release some of their titles. I have to personally thank Martin at TBA for starting the process via this forum.

The following games are available as downloads in the JASPP Games section and as packages via PackMan:
Brutal Horse Power
The Cobalt Seed
Formula Two Thousand
Mirror Image and Merp

JASPP hope to release the remaining titles, once the authors have been contacted:
Axis
Command Ship
Cyber Ape
DragonBall

If you're the author of one of these games or know how to contact the author, please get in touch.
Wow, this is great news. Some of TBA's work was brilliant, would be wonderful to play some of these again. Do thank Martin for doing this =D>
--
Stephen Scott, Digital Media Muckerupper
Games: Androidz Redux, Headcase Hotel, Polymer Picker
www.sassquad.net
RobLondon

Post by RobLondon »

I'm the author of Command Ship. Hand-coded in ARM the lens effects & video compressor in that game. A long long time ago...... Now using Unity which is a lot nicer :D

Would be very happy for this to be available for download !!
sirbod

Post by sirbod »

RobLondon wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:09 am I'm the author of Command Ship.
I'll follow up via PM/eMail.
BrettRogersUK

Post by BrettRogersUK »

Hi,

I've tried to get on your site yesterday and today and it's saying that it's down. It's not loading at all. Trying to download ADFFS and some games but it's not working.

Just comes up saying site can't be reached.

Just thought I'd let you know if you weren't already aware.

Thanks,

Brett
IanJeffray

Post by IanJeffray »

FWIW, all seems fine here for the JASPP forums. Was on yesterday too, no issues.
/tuppence.
sirbod

Post by sirbod »

BrettRogersUK wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:21 pm I've tried to get on your site yesterday and today and it's saying that it's down. It's not loading at all. Trying to download ADFFS and some games but it's not working.

Just comes up saying site can't be reached.
There's some fairly extensive Internet backbone issues that started yesterday, you might be affected. That or something has cached the DNS record and is returning the wrong IP.
markjohnson

Post by markjohnson »

Checking with the graphic designer re:Cyber Ape - if he says it's ok & it's ok with Martin / Alan @ TBA then I'm happy for it to go into the JASPP project.
Mark Johnson
sirbod

Post by sirbod »

markjohnson wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:18 pm Checking with the graphic designer re:Cyber Ape - if he says it's ok & it's ok with Martin / Alan @ TBA then I'm happy for it to go into the JASPP project.
Mark Johnson
Martin/Alan have already given the go-ahead, provided approval is given by the authors...so if you could eMail me saying you're okay for Cyber Ape to be release via JASPP, I'll release it :D : jon at jaspp dot org dot uk
jp6741

Post by jp6741 »

ooh nice, i bought cyber ape back in the day, will be nice to play it again.
sirbod

Post by sirbod »

Cyber Ape has now been released as both download and packaged versions. Link in the OP for the direct download.

Return to “32-bit acorn software: classic games”