Today I didn't receive.....

on-topic acorn-related discussions not covered by the other forums
IanJeffray

Today I didn't receive.....

Post by IanJeffray »

....a genuine Arm1 2nd processor board. :shock: I'm not surprised at the sale price - and it was snappd up immediately.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285064028568
s-l1600.jpg
BigEd

Re: Today I didn't receive.....

Post by BigEd »

Wow - Buy It Now and it's gone within an hour. Or to put it another way, on the shelf for nearly an hour! £2,500, and "For parts or not working" but the description says it's merely untested...
tricky

Post by tricky »

A CRT rejuvenator!
I don't know if I will ever try to use it, but it should be coming with me to ABUG in case anyone is interested.
It also has a bunch of guarantees with it, so all my CRTs should be protected ;)
Attachments
adapters.jpg
rejuvenator.jpg
hoglet

Post by hoglet »

You've probably seen it already, but there was a recent video from CuriousMarc featuring one of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzNLtSspUBU

I think you have a later model.

Amazing and scary at the same time!
tricky

Post by tricky »

Thanks Hoglet, I hadn't, interesting, but I wasn't planning on doing all my CRTs just for fun ;)
It will go to shows with me, just for the memories it might recall.
Actually, thinking about it, I do have a couple of very dim old small B&W composite monitors which could be guinea pigs if I ever do get curious!
I would still like anyone who knows this stuff to check it over at ABUG as I wouldn't trust myself with analogue electronics involving Kvs.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Great video! Can skip to the 13min mark or so for the action. A very brief arc between the filament and the afflicted cathode burns off contamination.
AndyMc1280

Post by AndyMc1280 »

tricky wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:32 am A CRT rejuvenator!
I don't know if I will ever try to use it, but it should be coming with me to ABUG in case anyone is interested.
It also has a bunch of guarantees with it, so all my CRTs should be protected ;)
Nice. I don't want to kill your joy, but this thread is about things that you "DID NOT" receive. Having two threads on new toys is a bit... unnecessary. #-o
tricky

Post by tricky »

Well I didn't receive it last week when I was supposed to ;)
I confess I hadn't noticed this thread and searched for today and didn't check there title - sorry!
I also didn't get the monitor that I drove 90 mins to get as there guy hadn't got home, but didn't tell me that he wouldn't be there!
AndyMc1280

Post by AndyMc1280 »

tricky wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:20 pm Well I didn't receive it last week when I was supposed to ;)
I confess I hadn't noticed this thread and searched for today and didn't check there title - sorry!
I also didn't get the monitor that I drove 90 mins to get as there guy hadn't got home, but didn't tell me that he wouldn't be there!
For that which you did not receive..... boo! 💩 etc #-o
BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster »

A well-known company in Nottingham wrote: Hello,

We're sorry inform you that we are unable to supply your items at the moment and so your order has been cancelled.

This may happen if you have ordered a large quantity of a popular product or if you have recently placed a repeat order for the same product.

You have not been charged for this order.
If you paid with your Boots Advantage Card points, they will be refunded.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Boots Customer Care
To which a Master of Beebs wrote:Dear Sirs,

What use is this exactly? You cancel my order at the point it is being processed; my shopping basket is empty; my order history shows no order being made, as it was cancelled; this e-mail says nothing about what I attempted to order.

Are you suggesting that I begin the search for products from scratch, then attempt to re-construct my order and try to buy again, at the same time as guessing which items are subject to a hidden quantity limit, in the hope that a revised order goes through? Must I start again from scratch each time, playing guess-the-stocktake with you, and employ a process of elimination to uncover your covert order rationing policy?

The situation is intolerable and I demand a proper explanation.

Yours faithfully,
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Well, if you order a bulk number of Acorn red BBC keys lipstick, what do you expect :lol:

Back to serious mode, yes, that is annoying when they just cancel an order without actually giving you full details.

Mark
BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster »

Well, that may be what I ordered, but in the excitement of using the internet and finding that people want to sell stuff, I can't exactly remember what I tried to order, which is the whole point of course! I've been stocking up with them approx. every 3 months since the pandemic started, and see no reason now to return to the high street, so I was most surprised and nonplussed when this happened!
BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster »

I did them a bit of a disservice, because when I logged back in a couple of days later my cancelled order was there, all at lower prices! So I added everything again, added more items on to get to the free postage value and tried to buy, but it was cancelled again. I complained again and received the same worded e-mail signed by a different drone.

So, tomorrow, I am taking unprecedented drastic action. I am going to The Shops.
Coeus

Post by Coeus »

BeebMaster wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:52 pm So, tomorrow, I am taking unprecedented drastic action. I am going to The Shops.
That sounds like my recent quest for car speakers. The speakers in my car were all sounding pretty dire and, on taking off the door trim to inspect them, the foam connecting the edge of the cone to the frame had disintegrated on all four of them. I checked on-line but found a very reasonable price for replacements at Halfords. The local store showed they had stock so I went to buy one to try it out. It sounded fine but that store only had the one. They could deliver the other three in the middle of the following week but I didn't want the door trims off that long, or to have to put them back and then take them off again and had hoped to finish the job in one weekend, so I ended up doing click and collect at two other Halfords stores in the area.
Diminished

Post by Diminished »

I refused to buy professional ROM dumping equipment for one or two uses, so out came the spare LPC1788 and the stash of 74HC.

IMG_20240106_202118029.jpg

Return to “general”