RISC OS palettes in .GPL (GIMP) and .ACO (Photoshop) format

discuss pc<>acorn file transfer issues and the use of other utils
Sophira

RISC OS palettes in .GPL (GIMP) and .ACO (Photoshop) format

Post by Sophira »

Recently I've been playing with the 16-colour and 256-colour RISC OS palettes in the GIMP, and I've made three different palettes, which I want to share here as they may be useful for people. All three palettes are available in .GPL and .ACO formats in one ZIP file. (And for those who are curious or use other programs, the .GPL formats are readable in a text editor.)
  1. RISCOS-16color: This is the standard 16-colour RISC OS desktop palette, in native index order.
    RISCOS-16color.png
    RISCOS-16color.png (765 Bytes) Viewed 1831 times
  2. RISCOS-256color: This is the standard 256-colour RISC OS palette, in native index order.
    RISCOS-256color.png
    RISCOS-256color.png (4.06 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
  3. RISCOS-256color-RO5Paint: This palette contains exactly the same 256 colours as RISCOS-256color, but in a different order - the order displayed by RO5's !Paint program, which is arguably more useful from an artistic perspective. Note that the colour order in this palette is not native index order. In practice, this is unlikely to matter, but if you're using it for advanced purposes (ie. not just converting images to and fro), then you may need to bear it in mind. Each colour is named with the correct RO-native palette index, however.
    RISCOS-256color-RO5Paint.png
    RISCOS-256color-RO5Paint.png (4.13 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
I hope people find these useful!
Attachments
RISCOS-palettes.zip
(11.84 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by Sophira on Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanJeffray

Re: RISC OS palettes in .GPL (GIMP) and .ACO (Photoshop) format

Post by IanJeffray »

Sophira wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:12 pm This is the standard 16-colour RISC OS palette, in native index order.
Very pedantically, it isn't. It's the RISC OS desktop palette. The "standard 16-colour RISC OS palette" is exactly as per the BBC.
Sophira

Re: RISC OS palettes in .GPL (GIMP) and .ACO (Photoshop) format

Post by Sophira »

Okay, yeah, that's fair. I'll edit that part. Thank you.

[edit: Done!]

Return to “software & utilities for the pc, mac or unix”