Electrobots Going Underground (Elk, Beeb, Windows)

0xC0DE

Re: Electrobots Going Underground (Elk, Beeb, Windows)

Post by 0xC0DE »

!FOZ! wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:16 pm I guess this is what happens when a crack demo coder also has a clear flare for game creation as well! Bravo sir, a credit indeed to the humble Electron - the only place I will be playing this game!
I think I stopped blushing now, after your extremely kind words :D
And yes, it really should be played on a real Electron, great choice!
A lot of players seem to get stuck on level 5, for a while at least. :-k
I hope you enjoy playing the rest of the game!
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

jms2 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:02 pm I can't get past level 5 - I'm struggling with the jump at the upper part of the level, where it seems obvious what you need to do, but it doesn't work - anywhere close.
Don't give up! :)
0xC0DE
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

I'm glad you're still doing the games, I've only had a quick play but looks wonderful! Top work fella!
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

Arcadian wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:34 am I'm glad you're still doing the games, I've only had a quick play but looks wonderful! Top work fella!
Thanks mate! :mrgreen:
0xC0DE
jms2

Post by jms2 »

It's no good, I can't figure it out! I just can't make this jump shown below. I tried putting the crate on the lower shelf on the right, but this doesn't help either.
Screenshot 2022-10-05 210105.png
IanS

Post by IanS »

You can make that jump without the block, just need to get a bit further out before jumping. (I'm stuck higher up)
Cybershark

Post by Cybershark »

The crate makes that jump impossible - not to mention that you won't be able to jump back up with it placed there :wink:
0xC0DE wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:13 pm There is a very clear indication (sound + colour flash) that you lost a life now.
Yes, I realise that you improved clarity for vers 0.3b but the system still seems odd. Without any clear gameplay delineation - eg. level restart or Citadel-style rescue mechanism - between lives then why bother having them? Functionally, it might just as well be one long energy bar.
jms2

Post by jms2 »

IanS wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:52 pm You can make that jump without the block, just need to get a bit further out before jumping. (I'm stuck higher up)
I didn't think of that - I just assumed that the crate was essential at this point. Duh! #-o
Ptolom

Post by Ptolom »

Cybershark wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:02 pm Yes, I realise that you improved clarity for vers 0.3b but the system still seems odd. Without any clear gameplay delineation - eg. level restart or Citadel-style rescue mechanism - between lives then why bother having them? Functionally, it might just as well be one long energy bar.
I had the same thought but it is slightly different to one continuous bar because it limits the amount you can recover by collecting batteries.

If I had one criticism though, it would be that not having to restart the level after losing a life is insufficiently cruel.
Tetlee

Post by Tetlee »

Wonderful little game, really nice to play. Did a little vid of it earlier on my channel...

https://youtu.be/tNv4vBwIwis
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

Tetlee wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:41 pm Wonderful little game, really nice to play. Did a little vid of it earlier on my channel...
Thanks for playing my game! I watched your video... you're a pretty good player! =D>
0xC0DE
Tetlee

Post by Tetlee »

0xC0DE wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:07 pm
Tetlee wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:41 pm Wonderful little game, really nice to play. Did a little vid of it earlier on my channel...
Thanks for playing my game! I watched your video... you're a pretty good player! =D>
haha, not often I get called a pretty good player so I'll happily take that. My pleasure, love playing games like yours, really relaxing and rewarding little game.

Return to “miscellaneous new bbc and electron games”