Springfyren

feedback, questions and discussion relating to www.bbcmicro.co.uk
Beebson

Springfyren

Post by Beebson »

Stumbled on this danish game on the web https://dansk8bit.dk/springfyren-et-100-dansk-program/.

I remembered not seeing it on bbcmicro.co.uk and it wasn´t there, but it seems to have been discussed here at Stardot.
lurkio

Re: Springfyren

Post by lurkio »

Thanks for the reminder! I think we should probably get Springfyren uploaded to bbcmicro.co.uk...

:?:
Michael Brown

Re: Springfyren

Post by Michael Brown »

Hi all,
I came across this game too just the other week.
On the disc is the original Danish version in the D directory (un-touched).
Again this version seems to use MLOAD commands, so looks like someone tried to hack it to disc - but was using a Watford DFS.

I have, however converted the game to English using a translator program and added download routines.
The first part shows you the instructions but downloads to &700 so the game has to BREAK afterwards and reset the disc drive in order to correctly load and then download the main game, also to &700 (with the basic code running at &E00 in both parts).
BBC Micro users with a Datacentre fitted will have to have DTRAP on as a *DISC command is used to re-activate the disc drive between the instructions part and main game section.
Press SHIFT/BREAK to load the English version.
I have checked this on BeebEm with Acorn DFS 1.20 and B-em with Acorn DFS 0.90 and all seems fine.
It also works under emulation using Watford DFS.
NOTE, this version does not work in Master 128 mode. Looks like it doesn't like the *FX15,0 commands etc.
Needs testing on a real machine and with various DFS's to be sure.

You can also press ESCAPE during the instructions to skip to the end part and then load the main game.
I have also added a ?&112=1 command into the main game to ensure the sound is always ON at the start of the game.
Although not mentioned in the instructions, You can press Q to turn the sound off and S to turn it back on again during the game.
Also you can press ESCAPE to quit and return to the hi-score table.

It says An LP product in the hi-score table. The advert is by Groser Data ApS.
I assume from the advert that this game was released circa 1984.
Author unknown.

Hope this is OK

Any issues, let me know.
regards,
Mick.

Return to “the complete BBC games archive”