PMs Stuck in Outbox

feedback, comments and suggestions pertaining to the stardot forum
Deleted User 13004

PMs Stuck in Outbox

Post by Deleted User 13004 »

Howdy

I’ve sent a small number of PMs without problem, but the last 2 I’ve sent have sat in the Outbox and got no further.

Is there a general problem, have I done something wrong?

Ta muchly
BigEd

Re: PMs Stuck in Outbox

Post by BigEd »

I think that just means the recipient hasn't read them yet.
Deleted User 13004

Post by Deleted User 13004 »

Thank you

I shall learn patience!
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Yeah, until the recipient logs in and clicks on the message to read it (okay, open it), it will stay showing in your outbox. After they have open it, it will disappear from your outbox and appear in your sent folder.

Mark
BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster »

This topic title amused me; for unknown reasons I read it as "PM stuck in No 10 without boxes of champagne..."

Thinking though, since I have a message in my outbox which has been there since October, whether after a lapse of time, "something" could happen - like a notification sent some other way to the recipient, or a notification to the sender to say the message hasn't been read yet?
danielj

Post by danielj »

BeebMaster wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:05 pm Thinking though, since I have a message in my outbox which has been there since October, whether after a lapse of time, "something" could happen - like a notification sent some other way to the recipient, or a notification to the sender to say the message hasn't been read yet?
I think notification for PMs is turned on by default, but people can turn it off. Those notifications could end up in junk depending on mail provider. Ultimately it's up to individuals whether they want to log in and read things - we can't make them and overriding their preferences isn't really something we can do either. You can always send another PM and see if that causes a notification to appear.

d.

Return to “stardot FORUM”