CANCELLED! ABUG South 4 to 6 November 2022

threads for previous physical ABug events held in the UK
JudgeBeeb

CANCELLED! ABUG South 4 to 6 November 2022

Post by JudgeBeeb »

I very much hope that all those who tested positive following the last ABUG are fully recovered.

Unfortunately, the venue has come back to me to advise me that (perhaps unsurprisingly) they are now fully booked over the summer and autumn with weddings that have been repeatedly put off over the last couple of years.

The earliest date they can offer is 4 to 6 November 2022. So I have booked that. Given the number of people who tested positive after the last event, this will give us plenty of time to think about how we deal with COVID at the next event. Any thoughts on this, are very gratefully received.

This is not a booking thread. I will announce when booking will open nearer the time.

In the meantime, it would be really great if someone could step up to the plate to organise another event. I am not in a position to take sole responsibility for another venue. However, if anyone does want to offer to do this, I would be happy to provide as much assistance as possible.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?
JudgeBeeb

Re: CANCELLED! ABUG South 4 to 6 November 2022

Post by JudgeBeeb »

Sadly, this event has now been cancelled. The venue is in the process of extensive refurbishment. This was due to be finished by the time of the ABUG meeting but has now been delayed due to planning issues. The venue is now completely closed for the period 17 October 2022 to 21 November 2022.

I am waiting for suitable dates in January 2023 and I will post a new thread as soon as a date has been fixed.

I am extremely sorry to have to disappoint everyone in this way.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?
Rob_hawk

Post by Rob_hawk »

Thanks for the update and no need to apologise, these things happen with events. It’s great that you are planning to arrange a new date early in 2023 and also continue to take the initiative to keep these in person weekends going.
cmorley

Post by cmorley »

JudgeBeeb wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:12 am The venue is in the process of extensive refurbishment.
I wonder if they will be upgrading the electrics? The venue will lose some some of its charm if the lights don't flicker when you turn on a 25W model B!
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

As Rob says, absolutely no need to apologise. Thank you for attempting to hold another ABug this year. And thanks for the update.

It’s not really surprising that venues like this are fully booked throughout the summer and autumn. I suspect most other similar venues are also fully booked throughout much of this year. It is a shame that the building/refurbishment work timeframe has slipped and caused the cancellation, but these things happen.

I think people would really appreciate an event in early 2023.

Mark

Return to “past physical ABug events (UK)”