Technomatic Novacad

contribute new/updated software missing from online archives
Pernod

Technomatic Novacad

Post by Pernod »

Here's the accompanying floppy for Novacad. I haven't dumped my ROM yet but there are already versions elsewhere.
20220201_234530 (Large).jpg
IMG_20220201_0005 (Large).jpg
Attachments
Novacad_Tracker_Ball_Mouse_Version.zip
(29.48 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
hoglet

Re: Technomatic Novacad

Post by hoglet »

Thanks for archive this Nigel.
billcarr2005

Post by billcarr2005 »

Here's a disk that I dumped recently, with some differences in the files

Q.HOUSE
P.ICON
D.ICON

There's also the NOVACAD Plotter Driver Utility disk too :)
Attachments
NOVACAD.zip
(51.44 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Ukwebb

Post by Ukwebb »

Be interested in the ROM images too please :)
BBC Bs, Master 128s, Master Compact, and Electrons, and an A3000 with an ARM3 :)

Don’t Panic and Always Carry a Towel
billcarr2005

Post by billcarr2005 »

Doesn't appear when *HELP
*CAD to activate (then attempts to load B2 from the disk)

edit: It's version "12TA", identical to the one found here!
http://bbc.nvg.org/rom/Various/app/
(which also has the user guide in RTF format)
Attachments
NOVACAD ROM.zip
(12.13 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
vela025

Post by vela025 »

Firstly thanks for archiving this!

Is there anyone who used this back in the day (or anyone who has a few minutes to kill) who can explain to me how to measure a distance? I'm challenging myself to use it to do a few floorplans but cannot seem to measure what I'm drawing. The manual says:

Code: Select all

At any time while not actually drawing a line, a curve or an icon (see later), pressing the 0 key 
will result in the horizontal and vertical displacement between the start point and the current 
cursor position being displayed at the bottom of the screen. Mark a start point on the screen 
and whilst moving the cursor keys press the 0 key at the same time and you will see the 
figures displayed at the bottom of the screen changing.
So I click left mouse button (start) then right (draw) move the cursor to the end of where I want the line and click draw (right mouse) again. The line appears. I move the cursor back to the beginning of the line, click start again, move the cursor along the line (via either mouse or keys) while pressing 0 (or O...I've tried both)...which should, if I'm understanding the manual correctly, display the distance at the bottom of the screen...but it doesn't (I've tried real M128 and Beebem).
BBC Master 128, PiTubeDirect, RGB2HDMI, Twin 5 1/4" & GoTek, BeebSCSI, Retroclinic Datacentre (E), Oki Microline 280, Sony TCM-737, Miracle WS2000 Modem, WE Mouse. BeeBS BBS - http://beebs.ddns.net
vela025

Post by vela025 »

Did anyone manage to get Novacad to measure a distance as per the instructions above from the user guide (or otherwise) or is there some kind of problem with this disc/rom image?
BBC Master 128, PiTubeDirect, RGB2HDMI, Twin 5 1/4" & GoTek, BeebSCSI, Retroclinic Datacentre (E), Oki Microline 280, Sony TCM-737, Miracle WS2000 Modem, WE Mouse. BeeBS BBS - http://beebs.ddns.net

Return to “archive submissions”