ABUG SOUTH (in person) 18 to 20 March 2022 (Tables needed)

threads for previous physical ABug events held in the UK
BeebMaster

Re: ABUG SOUTH (in person) 18 to 20 March 2022 (Tables needed)

Post by BeebMaster »

Well, we can't continue for evermore living in fear of living, which is why I have resumed some activities fairly recently. I've been dead against much of what has been expected of us all from the start, although I have gone along with it because a) it's the law and b) at the beginning it seemed like the right thing to do. This idea of "holding back the tide" - entailing economic destruction and the disintegration of everyone's mental well-being - and it will all pass by seems to me to have been a miserable failure. Considering that we have in this country more daily cases now than ever before, it's not surprising that people have begun to question whether it has all been worth it.
elk1984

Post by elk1984 »

Given current infection rates, I'd say it's difficult to say there's a causal link between ABug and Covid cases.

Hoping everyone is feeling better soon.
danielj

Post by danielj »

Aye, it's BA.2-tastic at the moment.

-> May I request that we don't get drawn into the rights and wrongs of public health measures which have been implemented at various points. Experience suggests that those topics end up getting fairly toxic in online fora, and we'd like to keep this place as free of politics and full of retro as possible.

I hope everyone who's dealing with the covid is on the mend.
BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster »

Praise Beeb!
IMG_0193.JPG
I make that 12 days since the first positive test, I was still positive yesterday. Hope everyone else is getting better.
anightin

Post by anightin »

Good to see the negative result and I hope everyone else who was suffering is getting over it now.

I hope those who attended enjoyed the event and I'm looking forward to being able to join a future one.

Stay safe

Andy
BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster »

I wasn't even there of course, I reckon I caught it over Econet! Must be the first Econet virus for 30 years!

Return to “past physical ABug events (UK)”