Any news about Richard Russell?

for discussion of bbc basic for windows/sdl, brandy and more
nicolagiacobbe

Any news about Richard Russell?

Post by nicolagiacobbe »

Sorry to bother and I do not even know if it could be against some written or spoken rule but does anybody knows why Russell removed from the forum?
I always considered his BBC basic a pinnacle among modern versions of BASIC and now it is sad there is no longer the possibility to ask him about it.
danielj

Re: Any news about Richard Russell?

Post by danielj »

He removed himself. You can contact him via the email address on the BBC BASIC website: https://www.bbcbasic.co.uk/contact.html
BobsBoard

Post by BobsBoard »

Loved his work on the M&W colourisation "lost tapes" shown today.

Top man,
BBC-A Issue 3, upgraded to B by me in 1984 with Watford 13 Rom Board and 8271 DFS. BBC B Issue 3 (8271) with 4x28c256 mod. BBC Series 7 with 1770DFS all running SPI-MMC

Hommage to Bob Austin www.youtube.com/watch?t=2206&v=fww2qkKbQ4Y
Soruk

Post by Soruk »

Richard sadly removed himself from the board after a falling-out over the ACT Apricot thread, and self-removal was subsequently enabled. Unfortunately this means he will no longer be posting material to the 40 Years Ago thread despite that he still has much that he could have contributed.

Richard is still on the Raspberry Pi, Raspberry BASIC and The Distillery forums.
Matrix Brandy BASIC VI (work in progress) The Distillery (another work in progress) Note Quiz (New educational software for the BBC and modern kit)
BBC Master 128, PiTubeDirect (Pi 3B), Pi1MHz, 5.25+3.5in dual floppy.
danielj

Post by danielj »

Respectfully, that's not really an accurate description of what occurred, or reflection of what has gone before. I'm going to close this thread as the speculation isn't particularly helpful (genuinely nothing to hide here, it's just unfair to start discussing these things in public). We didn't wish for anyone to leave or ask anyone to leave. That said, we won't stand in the way of anyone who decides that they do want to leave.

Return to “modern implementations of classic programming languages”