ABUG South Christmas Lunch 11 December 2021 - BOOKING THREAD

threads for previous physical ABug events held in the UK
JudgeBeeb

ABUG South Christmas Lunch 11 December 2021 - BOOKING THREAD

Post by JudgeBeeb »

As mentioned a little while back, I thought it would be a good idea to test the ABUG waters with a somewhat lower key event than usual. I am proposing that we book a table for Christmas lunch at our usual venue, The Ely pub in Hampshire, details here. For those coming from farther afield, the venue has rooms on site which are usually very good value for money. The proposal is for lunch at about 1.30pm on 11 December 2021 (subject to the venue having sufficient availability).

Have a look at their Christmas menu. The price is two course for £21.99 or three courses for £23.99.

This will be an opportunity for people to meet up and share some food and drink. There will be no other elements to the day. So nothing specifically Acorn related. Although, I anticipate that there will be a good opportunity for people to chat generally about Acorn related projects and news.

There will be no cost beyond the cost of the meal, as advertised, and any drink consumed. I suspect that the venue will want a deposit to secure the booking of a large party. I have not yet spoken to the venue yet as I wanted to gauge numbers before doing so as this is rather different from what we have done in the past.

So please post below in the usual way if you would like to come.

P.S. I am pretty confident about organising a full ABUG early in the new year. Details to follow.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?
cmorley

Re: ABUG South Christmas Lunch 11 December 2021 - BOOKING THREAD

Post by cmorley »

Yes please.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Sorry, not for me - but bumping this thread for visibility!
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Just giving this another bump - seems to be a low take-up at present.
helpful

Post by helpful »

Let me get this weekend's London Show out of the way, then I'll think about it!
RISC OS User Group Of London - https://www.rougol.jellybaby.net/
RISC OS London Show - https://www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk/
JudgeBeeb

Post by JudgeBeeb »

Having waded through the tsunami of responses, I have reached the conclusion that this idea is not sufficiently popular to go ahead.

I will therefore focus my efforts on organising a proper ABUG in the new year.

I will probably open a discussion thread (please don’t post here) to gauge people’s feelings about the a proper ABUG and whether we need any social distancing measures in place.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?

Return to “past physical ABug events (UK)”