Weekday 'Virtual' General session #32, Tuesday 31st August 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

threads for previous weeknight 'general' Acorn sessions
BigEd

Weekday 'Virtual' General session #32, Tuesday 31st August 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

Tonight at 7 on zoom!

Come and join in the discussion about things we bought, things we want, things we remember, things we've discovered, things we've learnt, things we've lost (but not things we've forgotten). Games, music, refurbs, bargains found and overpriced items left well alone. Full attics and leaky sheds.

Acorn-related things, mostly, but we can talk about other things too.
Last edited by BigEd on Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigEd

Re: ON NOW! Weekday 'Virtual' General session #32, Tuesday 31st August 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

We're running now - come and join the fun!
markdryan

Re: ON NOW! Weekday 'Virtual' General session #32, Tuesday 31st August 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by markdryan »

Could someone possibly PM me the connection details? I thought the dev night connection details would work but it seems that they're different.
BigEd

Re: Weekday 'Virtual' General session #32, Tuesday 31st August 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

Another fine evening of Acorn-related chat. There might have been 17 people, although no more than 15 at once.

I'v tried to reconstruct a quick overview, so people know what sort of thing to expect. We had a bit about Dave and Phil's educational event, a bit about many scanned books and a few not-yet-scanned books, a bit about Acorn's history as written up by business types, a bit about Robin and Hermann's double act, a bit about an MFM disk capture and emulator gadget, a bit about a couple of missing-in-action educational adventure games, a bit about the wonders of ebay prices, a bit about programming up replacement RISCOS ROMs, a bit about massive collections of floppy disks, a bit about Dave's trove of photos from his primary school days, a bit about helping to connect a CDROM drive to a RISC PC, and probably other things I forgot or missed. (Also, a bit about RGBtoHDMI's possible NuLA capability, a bit about LaserDiscs and their health, and a bit about ARM's situation.)

BTW Dave is about to send out invitations to the next batch of General nights and Dev nights, so if you didn't get those in your email last time, let him know that you'd like to be on the list.
dominicbeesley

Re: Weekday 'Virtual' General session #32, Tuesday 31st August 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by dominicbeesley »

Gah. I forgot again. I need a better calendar!
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Once we've got the new invitations out (or perhaps before) I'll be announcing the next event shortly after the previous one, to give people some notice. If you subscribe to that thread when you see it, you'll get a notification when I bump it on the day. Perhaps that will help?
dominicbeesley

Post by dominicbeesley »

That would be a help - I tend to check stardot more frequently than my Outlook calendar which mainly contains things I want to forget about!

D
baz4096

Post by baz4096 »

I have stardot in my RSS feed program. I see every post on here, although I don't always read them all. Very good for an overview of what's going on.
I run a little online shop called "Vintage Imitation Parts" to sell a few Acorn Archimedes and BBC Micro related bits and pieces, such as my imitation keyboard surrounds and just recently my imitation function strips.

Take a look! vintage.imitation.parts

Return to “past weeknight 'general' acorn sessions”