Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #24, Thursday 26th August 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

threads for previous weeknight 'developer' sessions
BigEd

Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #24, Thursday 26th August 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

Quick! A virtual dev night, today, at 7, on zoom.

Come and discuss your Acorn-related dev projects, whether they be creating things, breaking things, or digging into things. Or even if your project is stuck... and if you haven't got a project, come along to hear about what's going on. Because somewhere, surely, someone has been doing something mighty interesting.

Hardware, software, tooling, emulators, games - all kinds of development are on topic.
BigEd

Re: Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #24, Thursday 26th August 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

So that was good - about 15 people overall, with a core of 12 for most of the evening. I had to duck out at half-nine, but that wasn't the end.

A quick recap, to give a flavour of what kinds of things get a mention on a dev night - all casual conversation, sometimes with a screenshare but no presentations as such:
PiTubeDirect with Dave, Arculator and Arxe floppy podules with Sarah, CHIP-8 and also Rick Dangerous port with James, Felix port and also baremetal Raspberry Pi and Circle with Phil, unit testing with BeebJit with ChrisS, saving variable frame rate captures with ChrisN. Also after I left, "a discussion about debugging music 5000, quite a lot of chat about podule ROMs, some chat about NuLA colours on RGBtoHDMI" and something about LaserDirect too.

Also some not-really Acorn bits: OS9 on a unique 6809 machine Positron with Nigel, Spectrum-hosted z80 assembler and editor with Mark, Pi Pico with Ed.

Doubtless I've missed something or someone. Thanks to everyone for making it happen!
tricky

Re: Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #24, Thursday 26th August 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by tricky »

Sounds like another great evening.
We exchanged on our new house yesterday and my brain was too frazzled!
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Congratulations on the house progress! I was frazzled for a year when we moved... in fact I'm not sure I'm quite right even now.
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

BigEd wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:02 pm Congratulations on the house progress! I was frazzled for a year when we moved... in fact I'm not sure I'm quite right even now.
We didn't like to say . . . 8)

Dave H :wink:
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Hee hee...

Return to “past weeknight 'developer' sessions”