BBC Micro SID Tunes

new graphics/music demos - bitshifters, 0xc0de, The Master + others
Negative Charge

Re: BBC Micro SID Tunes

Post by Negative Charge »

anightin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:48 pm Have just seen this on the Acorn Computer and BBC Micro FB page:

The Register promoting a music composition competition at the TNMOC:

https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/27/ ... nERksct2q8

Sending your conversions to them should definitely inform them that the Beeb is better than just "bleeps, whistles, and flatulent squawks" :D

The actual TNMOC competition page is here:

https://www.tnmoc.org/retro-sounds-musi ... tion-entry
Thanks. Yes, I had seen it. Two issues for me:

“compose a piece of music for a fictional computer game using the system inspired by the BBC Micro - the Raspberry Pi.

…and

“Your music must be no longer than 30 seconds and be supplied in .mp3 format.”

I quickly lost interest after reading that unfortunately. :(
AJW

Post by AJW »

Has anyone mentioned Outrun?
Negative Charge

AJW wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:59 pm Has anyone mentioned Outrun?
It’s coming soon - both the C64 SID and ZX Spectrum AY versions. I had to implement a new SID emulation engine to even get any register values from the out_run.sid at HVSC.

I’ll post the music disk 11 up at https://negativecharge.github.io/ over the next few days. In the meantime you can hear it here: https://youtu.be/xNcIA2NbEMk

There are many other music discs at my website above. I haven’t posted about them here as either traffic is very light, or there didn’t seem to be a lot of interest. I post these over on Twitter if you’re interested.
AJW

Post by AJW »

That's an awesome achievement. The Outrun and the whole project. Always wondered how it would sound on the Beeb. Very interested.
Negative Charge

AJW wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:42 pm That's an awesome achievement. The Outrun and the whole project. Always wondered how it would sound on the Beeb. Very interested.
Thanks. I’m still aiming for a more SID-like sound, but that will require some further experimentation with duty cycles.

I’ve put the latest music disc up here: https://negativecharge.github.io/post-23/
elk1984

Post by elk1984 »

I've just found this thread - great work! It's very odd hearing classics from my 16 bit days on a BBC though :D
SteveF

Post by SteveF »

Negative Charge wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 pm
AJW wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:59 pm Has anyone mentioned Outrun?
I’ll post the music disk 11 up at https://negativecharge.github.io/ over the next few days. In the meantime you can hear it here: https://youtu.be/xNcIA2NbEMk
I've never played Outrun on the C64 and it's been decades since I played it in the arcades, but listening to this made me grin like a loon. I'm not quite sure why, but thanks - it's really cool!
!FOZ!

Post by !FOZ! »

Just want to say amazing work! I have downloaded all and driving my wife nuts with all the retro tunes! :D - R-Type disc just blew me away. I do find Star Paws and Outrun on Disc 11 the ones I head to the most though. Thank you so much!
Electron,+1,+3
BBC B,GoTek,Boobip 64k SRAM + 64k EEPROM,Speech, BeebSID,VideoNula,Pi Copro
BBC Master,BeebSCSI,UPUSFS,MultiOS,GoTek,DS12887 RTC,VideoNula,Pi Corpo,Mouse,MasterSD,User Port x2
A3000,GoTek,4MB,Watford IDE,CF HD
A5000 Alpha,4MB,CF HD
Beebson

Post by Beebson »

Hello! :)

Let this be my first actual posting here, after introducing myself. :)

Negative Charge, thank you for converting SIDs to BBC! :D If you are making your 64>BBC conversions even better in future, by trying to make actual SID emulation, does it matter which SID release you are using? I mean, can your emulation be THAT accurate that differences between SID releases could be heard?! :o :D I don´t remember it exactly anymore, but I think there were differences in (low?) filtering between 6581 and 8550. When one listens same tunes on 6581 and 8550, you may not hear something on the other SID chip. On the other hand, some sounds may be heard very different way. The biggest and usually most easy to hear difference is that 8550 has very bright sound and the warm sound of 6581 is lost. I hope you can think the ways, how you could bring certain sounds of certain SID release to BBC conversion. :) In that case, one 6581 SID emulation with a warm sound for me, please!!! :D But, for everybody, please make two different emulations, 6581 and 8550, to be able to choose which chip emulation is used for converting, thank you! :D I hope you can do that someday. :) :)

Do you still make more conversions? I have written lists for almost every year, between 1983-1990. I have listed games by the year from my memory, checking just few ones. If anybody here knows some game´s publishing year is wrong, please let us know, if you are sure. :) Please remember though, game database sites´ publishing years are not always correct. Some such sites have listed lots of games with wrong publishing years, the wrongly marked years being many years away from the correct publishing year. That is not always because the site owner might have listed just the re-releases publishing years, as those years are wrong, too.

My lists by the year are not "The Best of The Most Wanted of The Best of 64 game tunes" ;) but some of my own favourites. Many greats are missing, but just to make lists shorter. ;) I can later list more similar ones, if wanted. :)

Some tunes are short ones, but they are great, that´s why I hope you could include them. :) There are some games what were published on the BBC, but they either didn´t have music or the music sounds different on the 64, that´s why I listed them here. My first list is 1983. I have another lists for the years 1984 to 1990 mostly ready, the last two ones being the shortest ones.

I hope you could convert all of those someday, no hurry. :) I would like to introduce some of the perhaps lesser known or forgotten tunes to Acorn people. :) You may not have heard all of them. I am also very interested to hear how they will turn out for the BBC.

If you want to add some visualisations to your BBC MICRO SID TUNES menus, I would suggest that please make visualisations as the separate programs, as I like your menus as they are now. :)

I wonder how Mega Apocalypse would turn out? I didn´t want to ask for it, as it is not the easiest tune to convert. Even less, when you think about that Mega Apocalypse plays five channels!

Question: about games with many tunes in BBC MICRO SID TUNES, like Parallax, are all tunes there, or just one long tune? I would like to hear the one what plays when you step out from your ship. But please, do not include that in the wrong year, as I would like to make lists by the year. :) In case you are still converting them. :)

Here´s my first list anyway. At least everybody can see it, no matter if they will be converted or not. :)

Android Two
Aztec Challenge : title and in-game
Archon : title
Blue Max
Burnin´ Rubber : Colosoftware
Cosmic Convoy : Taskset
Cyclons : Rabbit Software
Death Star : Rabbit Software
Dig Dug : main theme
Falcon Patrol
Frantic Freddie : all the tunes
Frogger : Parker Bros / Sierra Online : all the tunes, I don´t know if it´s just one tune or few separate ones, heard only, if played long enough
Hover Bovver
Humphrey : Mr. Micro
Manic Miner : title and in-game, title tune plays differently after demo mode comes back to the title screen, I don´t know if you can convert that
M.U.L.E.
Necromancer : Synapse Software : all the tunes
Olympic Skier : Mr. Chip : title
One-on-One
Protector II : Synapse Software : title
Punchy : Mr. Micro
Trooper Truck : Rabbit Software : instruments will change each time the tune loops
Last edited by Beebson on Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Negative Charge

Welcome to the forums Beebson!

I still do some C64 SID conversions from time to time, but have also been expanding the toolset to support the Atari ST YM2149, ZX Spectrum 128K/Amstrad CPC AY-3-8910/AY-3-8912, Game Boy DMG, NES APU, Sega Master System plus preliminary support for Atari POKEY and Sega Mega Drive. (You can find all conversions here: https://negativecharge.github.io/ )

Most of the conversions I post on Twitter. A conversion of Mega-Apocalypse is here: https://twitter.com/charge_negative/sta ... 41940?s=20

With regards to emulating the SID variants, that’s unlikely. The converter already uses the libsidplayfp and websid emulators to extract register writes / envelope levels, so the output depends on the chip type specified in the SID file.

I’d love to attempt something like AtariSID or NextSID, using the Beeb timers to generate software waveforms but it’s beyond my capabilities right now. I know the Bitshifters have used this for software bass, and Sarah Walker has some incredible demos that may also use something like this (see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18290 and Twinhead: viewtopic.php?t=22213)

When I have some time I’ll work my way through your list and create another SID conversion disc assuming I can find the files in the HVSC. I tend to just pick one or two of the subtunes rather than attempt to convert them all in one go, so let me know if there’s a preferred subtune you’re looking for or whether it’s just the default subtune specified in the file.

Not all tunes will convert well - the SN76489 isn’t quite at the same level of capability as the SID. If you’re looking to play accurate representations of the SID then BeebSID may be a better option - this requires additional hardware, and that’s something I’m avoiding completely with this approach.

Happy to take other requests - it just might take me some time to get to them as my free time seems to constantly decrease these days.
Beebson

Post by Beebson »

It will be nice to hear the sounds of AY-3-8910/8912, POKEY and YM2149. It´s not just to hear the tunes of other computers, but the SOUND of those computers, too, what means a lot to me.
so the output depends on the chip type specified in the SID file.
I forgot that. I then thought that maybe I should wish two versions of some tunes, 6581 and 8550. Depending what the results might be, it could be interesting to hear even small differences of favourite tunes. But that won´t help a lot, if there aren´t two different chip type version SID files of that same tune. :( It´s so easy to change SID version with Windows SID player, that it´s easy to forget that it isn´t that easy to do the same while converting tunes to BBC.

If it helps anything, I could provide you at least some of the SID files. Then it would be easy just to tell you the numbers of the tunes. I am not sure if all of them are on HVSC, perhaps they are under musician folder instead of games folder and may need time to find them, if the musician is unknown or I don´t remember musician´s name.

I have tried to mention the needed tunes in my list already. Usually, if the subtunes are not mentioned in my list, then the game has just one tune. It´s possible, though, that I don´t know that certain game may have additional tunes what can be heard only if certain conditions are met. But I will check my lists again. and I can edit my 1983 list where needed. :) Just done that. :)

As only a certain amount of tunes will fit to one disc, then if the last disc for certain year will have just few tunes, please tell me about that, I can include few more games/tunes for that year to make that disc full, ok? :)

I am not expecting "accurate" conversion, no. I just want to hear them on BBC. I have experienced SID emulation on MSX, it was probably MSX2 only and needed disc drive, as the player kept loading the tune from the disc while playing it. I liked most of the results, but perhaps I am not the most demanding listener, when it comes to 8-bit game music. I must confess there were tunes with irritating background "humming", but I concentrated to the main thing - to be able to listen SID without the needed hardware. :) I am happy that you want to bring SID to BBC, WITHOUT needing additional hardware. Thank you! :D

I will send my other year lists here, when they are finished and I have filled the possibly missing information about what tunes are needed. There is no hurry with conversions. :)
Beebson

Post by Beebson »

If you can still add them, here are five 1983 tunes what were missing from my 1983 list. :) If the tunes are not mentioned, HVSC SID file should have just one tune.

Dragons Den 1, 2, 3
O´Riley´s Mine : tune 1
Shamus : Synapse
Star League Baseball : tune 1
Super Pipeline : tunes 3, 8, 10, 7 in this order please

Daley Thompson´s Decathlon : tunes 1, 2, 3
3-D Skramble : Livewire
Archon II
Bagitman
Bird Mother : Andromeda : tune 6 : "bird chirping" plays well on real 64, but is barely hearable on Sidplay, hopefully it converts well
Blue Max 2001
Booga-Boo The Flea
Boulder Dash
Break Fever : Interceptor Software
Break Street : Creative Software
Bruce Lee : tune 1
Chinese Juggler : tune 9
Falcon Patrol II
Ghostbusters : Activision : tune 1 is the music, it starts with two speech samples, let´s see how it converts. Music alone is enough, though. :)
Gyropod : tunes 3, 1, 2, in this order, please
The House Jack Built : Thor Computer Software : tune 1
Hyper Biker : P.S.S.
Jet Set Willy : tunes 1, 2
Lazy Jones : all 21 tunes, please, it´s best to do "Lazy Jones Jukebox" :)
Loco : Alligata : tune 1, Kansas´ Loco game´s first stage is a rip-off of this game
Mr. Do´s Castle : tune 9
Mr. Freeze : Firebird
Pitfall 2 : tune 1
Pyjamarama
Snoopy : Radarsoft
Spy Hunter
Spy vs. Spy : to hear the difference between 64 and BBC
Treasure Island : Mr. Micro
Triple Tournament : Terminal Software : Space Race tune, please, it´s easy to recognise, as the others are wild west theme and oriental theme
Trolls and Tribulations : tune 1
Underwurlde
Up ´n Down : tune 2
Zeppelin : Synapse
Beebson

Post by Beebson »

Negative Charge, I have now tested some of your AY, SID and YM conversions with Beebem. Thank you, I liked them very much! :D They sounded just as good as I had expected. Last Ninja 2 Central Park wasn´t that good, but I did expect that for such a tune :) and it was interesting to hear how it turned out on BBC. :)

Please continue your good work!! :D

Were there Atari POKEY conversions on your site already?
shifters74

Post by shifters74 »

Thanks for the selection of SID tunes for the BEEB!! This must have been hard work!!

As a long time C64 owner and fan I am some what stunned at how well the BBC can actually render a lot of them.

You might like to take a look at https://csdb.dk/release/?id=10043 which is SID Burners demo disk 7 - a great collection of SID's which are listed in the post as to what they are - 3545 II is an awesome tune but so are some of the others.

cheers

shifters
Beebson

Post by Beebson »

I just remembered U.S. Gold loaders and 1984 version is not in my 1984 list. I remember just two different U.S. Gold loaders, the 1984 one with PETSCII flag with few tunes and 1986 Ace of Aces loader, with more advanced tune. What other musical U.S. Gold loaders there were? I mean with different tunes or different versions of the tunes than used in 1984 loader and Ace of Aces loader? I would like to list them to my next SID tune year lists. :)
Negative Charge

Beebson wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:04 am Do you still make more conversions? I have written lists for almost every year, between 1983-1990. I have listed games by the year from my memory, checking just few ones.
I've made an attempt on your first list, but to be honest some of the conversions don't sound great. I think some of the tunes have issues to start with that are masked by the SID filter (Android 2), and others have timing issues. There was clearly a huge improvement in the quality of the tunes in the later years of the C64.

There's a limit of 22 tracks (without writing a new menu, which I haven't the time to invest in), although I've combined a number of subtunes.

I may look at your list for '84 later next month and assess if the conversions are worthwhile based on the quality of output. I have other projects in the pipeline that will consume my limited free time in the immediate future.
Attachments
sid83.ssd
(82.25 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Negative Charge

shifters74 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:45 am Thanks for the selection of SID tunes for the BEEB!! This must have been hard work!!
Thanks! Glad you like them.
shifters74 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:45 am You might like to take a look at https://csdb.dk/release/?id=10043 which is SID Burners demo disk 7 - a great collection of SID's which are listed in the post as to what they are - 3545 II is an awesome tune but so are some of the others.
Thanks - I'll take a look. I've just been looking at the SIDs from Encore 64, and looking for other good examples from the demoscene.
Beebson

Post by Beebson »

Thank you very much, Negative Charge! The loading screen for 1983 tunes looks fantastic! :)

After reading your post, I was expecting a bad quality with Android 2 and the others, but Android 2 sounded very good! The sound/instruments are wrong, "drums" can´t be heard well, but it sounds good otherwise. :) The worse happens with Cosmic Convoy, as there is a pause for a fraction of a second after each note, but the sound quality is good otherwise, for me, at least. :) M.U.L.E. is an example of a tune what sounds wrong when compared to the original, but the result is really interesting, it´s like the new different arrangement! :D It sounds like what BBC arrangement could have been in 1983, with a musician who wanted to give the tune a different touch! :) I really like this M.U.L.E. conversion! :)

Here are some things what I found out. I noticed that Dig Dug, Archon and Blue Max are playing in NTSC speed. I have used to PAL speed, NTSC speed plays the tunes way too fast. Could you please convert them to PAL, when you have time? :) No hurry, when you can, if it´s possible. :) All tunes in my year lists are (should be!) in PAL speed. :)

Could it be possible to put in a key to make "Loop the current tune" ON/OFF? As currently when the tune ends, BBC SID TUNE program will load the next tune and so on. In example, Dig Dug is a short looping tune, at least it loops on Windows Sidplay player and during playing the real game, it would be nice to continue to listen it and then press ESCAPE by myself when I have listened enough. :)

Humphrey seems to loop five times, Necromances does about the same, does their SID file have "looping bit" ON?

Punchy is a looping tune from the same author, David Whittaker, but for some reason it does not loop on Beeb-Player.

Frantic Freddy´s first subtunes will play just once, but the cover of Walter Murphy´s 70´s version of 5th of Beethoven, loops around five times before the next subtune starts.

Necromancer seem to miss the other tunes.

Five seconds is missing from the beginning of Hover Bovver. I forgot to check it´s SID file, as there was just one song in the game, and after checking it now, it appeared that there are two tunes there, even it is just one same song! First tune plays just five seconds and is the beginning and the second tune is the rest of the tune. Could you please put them together, :) when you have time, thank you. :)

Lazy Jones is an example of the game with lots of nice but very short tunes, each minigame has it´s own tune what plays again and again until that minigame´s ends to "Game Over". As those tunes are so short, it will not sound good, if all Lazy Jones tunes are played just once and the next one will instantly play when the previous one have ended. I still suggest to use one disk just for Lazy Jones jukebox, :) :) :) :) menu showing all the minitunes. Each Lazy Jones tune is originally a real hit record, so it´s possible to put in tunes´ real names. Lazy Jones tunes will really need that option, when a key, spacebar in example, is pressed on the menu screen tune looping is then ON, and each Lazy Jones tune will continue playing again and again, until ESCAPE is pressed. :) Another idea is to program two keys more to Beeb-Player, to be able to select sub-tunes when the game has more han one tune, like Frantic Freddy. As LEFT/RIGHT arrows are used already, UP/DOWN arrows could choose subtunes then? :) Or to change game choosing keys to UP/DOWN, as the SID TUNE menu uses UP/DOWN and then change LEFT/RIGHT arrows for subtune selection keys. :) Just an idea. It would be nice to be able to listen Frantic Freddy´s Queen arrangement A Crazy Thing Called Love, without having to listen all the other subtunes first. :)

Another wish, when one presses ESCAPE and the menu gets loaded back, it would be nice to have the blue selection bar to stay on the current song. Now it jumps always back to the first tune.

One on One did not play till the end, the next tune just starts to load before the end. Protector II seems to do the same.

About all of these, when you have time or if you have time, to fix them. :) If you don´t have time to fix them, just forget it.

About that 22 games limit per disk, I think it´s not a problem at all, rest of the tunes from that year can be put to another disk, like BBC 1984 SID TUNES, BBC 1984 SID TUNES 2.

Overall I like all the tunes a lot! Thank you for all your hard work, Negative Charge! :D Please, when converting more tunes from my lists, if you think the quality of some conversions is not good enough in your opinion, I would be glad to hear them anyway! :)
Negative Charge

shifters74 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:45 am Thanks for the selection of SID tunes for the BEEB!! This must have been hard work!!

As a long time C64 owner and fan I am some what stunned at how well the BBC can actually render a lot of them.

You might like to take a look at https://csdb.dk/release/?id=10043 which is SID Burners demo disk 7 - a great collection of SID's which are listed in the post as to what they are - 3545 II is an awesome tune but so are some of the others.

cheers

shifters
Have a listen and see what you think :)
https://negativecharge.github.io/post-37/
shifters74

Post by shifters74 »

WOW!!! =D> =D> =D>

They are incredibly impressive - sitting listening to them now - just wow!!!

thanks for doing those - love the graphic carry over too :shock: :lol:

as was once said 'impressive, most impressive ....'

shifters

PS Until i played the bad apple demo and some of your earlier c64 disks - i had no idea the bbc audio was as impressive as these are demonstrating.

PPS lol 60 tracks on 2 dsd's - love it!
Beebson

Post by Beebson »

Shifters74, do you remember any mid-80´s 64 demos with original music? I mean, that tunes were not ripped from existing games, or at least there is one or two originals among ripped ones. I have searched csdb.dk database and have found just few demos what I used to listen, almost all of them had ripped game musics. Electronic Cracking Crew had a Gyroscope crack-intro tune, I think it´s their original or by some other demo scener. It´s a short tune and more suitable for crack-intro than actual demo, though. RATT did great Beverly Hill´s Cop demo, it´s included in my 1985 list. Synth Sample was great, too!

I have thought to ask Negative Charge, if you could please make one conversion disk just for Georg Feil´s Synth Sample, with the same simple white text on black background menu. Synth Sample was one of the greatest 64 music demos, I think it needs to have it´s own disk. :)

I don´t remember more, but I am sure some demos are missing from csdb.dk.
shifters74

Post by shifters74 »

Hi Beebson,

Not from the mid 80's (or none that i remember from 35 years ago!). Most of the demos i have seen have been in the last 15 years or so when i got interested in 8 bits again. Most of the great music i remember from the 80s was from games like elite, fist, hyper sports etc.

The HVSC (https://hvsc.c64.org/) library of sids includes many game but also TONS of demo and fan sid's but the number of them is so over whelming that finding anything is a bit of a hit and miss afair and lots of hunting but there is some good stuff!

Not familiar with Georg's stuff but always happy to listen to recommendations - a quick search on HVSC and it finds the sync sample and a bunch of stuff he did in 2007 - will have to break out the 64 to have a listen (unless some magic happens and we get a BBC version :lol: )

cheers

shifters
Beebson

Post by Beebson »

So, apart of 80s game music, you like especially the later SID stuff. I am the opposite then. :) HVSC really has TONS of stuff, for me it´s more than a bit of hit and miss affair, as I like the early stuff. Typing Synth Sample Georg Feil, you can find it from youtube, but I will recommend to try it on real 64. Synth Sample is from 1984, I think. :)
shifters74 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:06 amunless some magic happens and we get a BBC version :lol: )
:!: I had thought to ask, if some BBC musician could listen Synth Sample and make as good BBC arrangements as possible, to make BBC Synth Sample demo. :) I am sure it´s possible to make awesome Synth Sample demo for BBC! :D
HeathenUK

Post by HeathenUK »

@Negative Charge Apologies if I've missed this scrolling through the thread, but can I ask whether these (and particularly your other similar conversions) were done by hand or via any particular tooling?

I have a side project on at the moment and I'm looking to convert some specific AY/YM audio (a source chip I know you've played with) currently stored as VGM to SN76489, which is a process you must have tackled yourself.

Thanks!

Greg
Negative Charge

HeathenUK wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:50 am @Negative Charge Apologies if I've missed this scrolling through the thread, but can I ask whether these (and particularly your other similar conversions) were done by hand or via any particular tooling?

I have a side project on at the moment and I'm looking to convert some specific AY/YM audio (a source chip I know you've played with) currently stored as VGM to SN76489, which is a process you must have tackled yourself.

Thanks!

Greg
Hi Greg,

I’ve built my own tooling to convert data between number of sound chips and the SN76489. Although this is very flexible, it’s a multi-stage process, and not something I’ve released on github yet.

If you need a single tool just for AY/YM conversion, I recommend Simon’s python script here which should meet your needs, and the output sounds great: https://github.com/simondotm/ym2149f
HeathenUK

Post by HeathenUK »

Thanks for getting back to me! I'd seen Simon's YM2149 script (and in fact his other amazing work on a low-resource friendly VGM packer is hugely helping me on this same project).

The main stumbling block for me in using Simon's YM2149 script is that it requires audio already in .ym (frame aligned) format of which there isn't a huge amount available out there that isn't (still very impressive!) demo work or are from the Atari. On the other hand there are plenty of AY/YM game music rips in VGM form (but therefore non frame-aligned and incompatible with the script).

I'm ultimately trying to get the iconic Peddler/Korobeiniki tune into SN76489-friendly form. Specifically into .VGM so that I can use a modified form of Simon's stream/packer script to create a byte package I can stream to an SN from a very, very old 8 bit machine (pre-6502!)
Negative Charge

HeathenUK wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:35 pm I'm ultimately trying to get the iconic Peddler/Korobeiniki tune into SN76489-friendly form. Specifically into .VGM so that I can use a modified form of Simon's stream/packer script to create a byte package I can stream to an SN from a very, very old 8 bit machine (pre-6502!)
If you can point me to a source, I'd be happy to give the conversion a go. AY to YM is easy enough via AY_EMUL (https://bulba.untergrund.net/emulator_e.htm).

For VGM/VGZ, my converters support those for several chip types. I've attached a quick NES conversion, but an AY conversion would most likely come out better.
Attachments
01 Peddler.bbc.vgm.zip
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
HeathenUK

Post by HeathenUK »

That's amazing thank you!

This is the rip I had in mind: https://vgmrips.net/packs/pack/tetris-msx2

Greg
Negative Charge

HeathenUK wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:16 pm That's amazing thank you!

This is the rip I had in mind: https://vgmrips.net/packs/pack/tetris-msx2

Greg
Here's the MSX version for comparison.
Attachments
01 Peddler.msx.bbc.zip
(8.89 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
HeathenUK

Post by HeathenUK »

Sounds a lot cleaner but I'm still actually impressed at how well the APU version came out - in many ways it's much more pleasingly "busy" as a tune even with its artifacts.

Return to “new projects and releases: demoscene”