Maze of Terror

development and releases of new/rewritten text adventures
Dethmunk

Maze of Terror

Post by Dethmunk »

Hey Acorners. My original post for Maze of Terror seems to be lost somewhere, I can't seem to find it. So thought I'd start a new one. Maze of Terror isn't strictly a text adventure although it will have more in common with one than not. It's kinda of an RPG Dungeon Crawler lite with elements of text adventure puzzles. There's a lot to sort out/planning, it will be in BASIC so no fancy animated sprite shenanigans. :D I started with the idea in 2018 and it might be another 3 years or never to finish it, but we'll see. :wink:
Anyway I recently saw the work going on with Untitled Dungeon Game and it got me fired up for my Dungeon Crawler. It won't be as complex as UDG, but it will have pretty graphics because.... its me. I love graphics. :D ha ha.
Got into doing some more graphics for it in earnest this weekend and thought I'd share.
Story so far.....
You play a young mage/warrior/adventurer and you hear about an evil twisted wizard named Zaldon who is terrorizing the local people. So much so that the lands around his lair are under his control and he's expanding his territory day by day. The rightful King of this land has decreed that any who can slay this sorcerer and free its people from this terror will be richly rewarded. You take on this task, confident that your magic skills can deal with the wizard...
...you failed. In a swift mage battle you tried to topple the sorcerer, only to find your feeble skills no match for Zaldon. He casts a spell of ferocious power...you wake on a cold hard stone floor in a dimly lit room. An image of Zaldon hovers in-front of you. "Foolish feeble mage. Now you can rot in my magically constructed Maze of Terror, filled with my creations. All who stood against me have ended up here and none have ever walked out!" :twisted:

So, I've had an initial stab at graphics and been thinking about puzzle structures and the way the combat system could work. So we'll see how far I get, but this is a good start for me. Got my creative thought processes going. :)
ChrisB

Re: Maze of Terror

Post by ChrisB »

Good luck - hope it comes together!

Your original thread was here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=16130
Castle Defender, Untitled Dungeon Game, Night Ninja, Wordle, Waffle, Acorn Island, Beebchase, Ghostbusters
VectorEyes

Post by VectorEyes »

Love the look of this, really hope you make progress on it and we all get to experience it!
Dethmunk

Post by Dethmunk »

ChrisB wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:31 pm Good luck - hope it comes together!

Your original thread was here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=16130
That's weird... Acorn Atom AGD games?!? I definitely didn't put that post in there.... must've been some sort of move around at some point. Oh well it's fine. :D
oss003

Post by oss003 »

Dethmunk wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:00 pm That's weird... Acorn Atom AGD games?!? I definitely didn't put that post in there.... must've been some sort of move around at some point. Oh well it's fine. :D
Who knows .... ;)

Greetings
Kees

Return to “new projects and releases: text and graphic adventures”