A duplicate of Firetrack on disk?

reminisce about classic bbc micro and acorn electron games here
Related forum: adventures

blackwitch

A duplicate of Firetrack on disk?

Post by blackwitch »

Hi.

Is anyone here able to make me a duplicate of Firetrack on disk?

I've been trying to find a copy of this game but nobody seems to have one. So, a direct copy of an original disk would be most welcome.

Can anyone help? Maybe a copy of the ssd image to disk?

Thanks
billcarr2005

Re: A duplicate of Firetrack on disk?

Post by billcarr2005 »

blackwitch wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:03 pm Is anyone here able to make me a duplicate of Firetrack on disk?

I've been trying to find a copy of this game but nobody seems to have one. So, a direct copy of an original disk would be most welcome.
:roll:

The original disk is copy protected.
The SSD is here
http://www.stairwaytohell.com/bbc/archi ... etrack.zip
danielj

Post by danielj »

blackwitch wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:03 pm Hi.

Is anyone here able to make me a duplicate of Firetrack on disk?

Can anyone help? Maybe a copy of the ssd image to disk?

Thanks
For what purpose, exactly?
blackwitch

Post by blackwitch »

To play really.

I want to use my disk drive and would like a duplicate copy of the disk.
cmorley

Post by cmorley »

You should get a greaseweasel and then you can write a copy from the HFE archive (thread on stardot). They are cheap - you only need the basic "F1" version which are <£10 all in. Then you can rewrite discs and play with the original hardware and physical discs as much as you like.

I do admit to there being something nice about using a floppy disc, especially 5.25". It is very satisfying!
scarybeasts

Post by scarybeasts »

cmorley wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:39 pm You should get a greaseweasel and then you can write a copy from the HFE archive (thread on stardot). They are cheap - you only need the basic "F1" version which are <£10 all in.
Does that model depend on the drive? Some older 5.25" drives will need a Greaseweazle with buffered logic pins. e.g. I have the F7 plus which is known to work with older 5.25" drives.

Also, it's not clear to me whether the brief here is "load an exact original Fire Track disc" or "play Fire Track from disc". The latter is much easier and could be accomplished by copying an SSD's files to a disc, which can be done without a Greaseweazle. Example SSD download here: http://bbcmicro.co.uk/game.php?id=598

In case it's needed, an SCP of my original Fire Track disc is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OLuKlA ... PbVza/view

Cheers
Chris
sbadger

Post by sbadger »

Woudn't Diskbeast be able to write it on a 1770 beeb/master (with the TRK files).
I repaired my original Exile disc this way
So many projects, so little time...
scarybeasts

Post by scarybeasts »

sbadger wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:58 am Woudn't Diskbeast be able to write it on a 1770 beeb/master (with the TRK files).
I repaired my original Exile disc this way
Yeah, it should be able to do Fire Track, protection and all. Bit fiddly though, I think I've forgotten the command(s)! :)

Cheers
Chris

Return to “8-bit acorn software: classic games”