All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #13, Saturday 3rd April 2021, 9am - midnight (BST) FULL!

threads for previous all-day 'virtual' ABug events
Arcadian
Site Admin

All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #13, Saturday 3rd April 2021, 9am - midnight (BST) FULL!

Post by Arcadian »

The monthly all-day "Virtual" ABug meeting for April will take place on Sat 3rd April, running between 9am - midnight (and in all likelihood, into the early hours).

To reserve a place, please respond in this thread and advise which session(s) you think you'll be able to attend (Morning, Afternoon, Evening). Event full!

We intend to cap the event at 50 places.

Presentations are usually (but not always) recorded and tend to be added to both the ABug website and the ABug YouTube channel within a month or two of each event.

The all-day events are more structured than the weeknight general sessions, though there are still opportunities for general discussion amongst attendees so if there is something you'd like to talk about please post in the thread so the appropriate session chair(s) can take note.

Important Info

• By requesting a place at this event, you consent to receiving the Zoom logins in the form of a calendar invite sent via the ABug Google account to the email address you have associated with your Stardot account. If you have a different email address associated with your calendar (e.g. a Gmail account) please PM me to let me know the email address you'd like us to use. Alternately, we can issue you with the Zoom logins via PM if absolutely necessary, though this is non-preferred as it does add to the admin process.
  • Please note that text chat within Zoom will be disabled during presentations (when a presentation is ongoing, it will only be possible to leave questions for the speaker [via the host] using Zoom text chat).

However you can use the #abug-chat channel on the Stardot Discord server to discuss active presentations. The Zoom text chat may be reopened after a presentation has finished. More info here.
  • During the Q&A sections after each presentation, we will initially only accept questions that have been typed into the Zoom text chat (always use the Zoom text chat to raise your question(s) if possible). If there is still time remaining within the slot we may accept questions from the floor, but please ensure your webcam/video feed is turned on ... or, if you are on low-bandwidth and cannot use video, please ensure that you have set a profile image.
  • Please create an account on Zoom in advance (as this will enable the addition of a high-res profile image) and then set a profile image, which would ideally feature at least your first name and/or forum handle.

Pre-created profile images are available here. If you're new to Virtual ABug events and would like a custom profile image to be created for you, please send a PM to Arcadian.

Alternatively you can 'Make a Copy' of the following Google Doc template and create your own profile image: http://shorturl.at/rBLM7 (view fullscreen, snapshot the screen then crop to 1080x1080 pixels in an image editor).

More info about why we request that you set a profile image is explained here.
  • Please do NOT share or forward the Zoom logins to anybody else unless it has been agreed by the organiser.

If you've yet to attend a virtual ABug event on Zoom, Judgebeeb has produced a handy guide to take you through the process.

THE ZOOM MEETING ID AND PASSWORD WILL BE ISSUED TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX ON THE EVENING OF FRIDAY 2ND APRIL!

PLEASE NOTE WE NO LONGER EMAIL OUT A CLICKABLE LINK - YOU WILL RECEIVE THE ZOOM MEETING ID AND PASSWORD ONLY.

IF YOU ARE USING A PC, PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE CREATED A ZOOM ACCOUNT AND DOWNLOADED/INSTALLED THE ZOOM DESKTOP APPLICATION IF NECESSARY. THEN ON THE DAY, LOG INTO YOUR ZOOM ACCOUNT AND ENTER THE MEETING ID AND PASSWORD TO JOIN THE MEETING.

Latest Schedule

ImageClick to enlarge

Talks

Presenters
  1. Alan Peters
  2. Martin Piper
  3. Andrew Gordon
  4. Peter Scott

Admin team
  1. Arcadian (Dave). Organiser, Recording Video (Zoom)
  2. dp11 (Dominic). Host, A-Team Surgery
  3. BigEd (Ed). Host, Stardot forum highlights
  4. karateed (Ed). Host, High Score Challenge
  5. dominicbeesley (Dominic). Host, TBA Software talk
  6. Mark Usher (Mark). Host, Andrew Gordon talk
  7. Colin Hoad (Colin). Host, Peter Scott talk
  8. 1024MAK (Mark). Technical Host
  9. simoni (Simon). Technical Host
  10. JudgeBeeb (Robert). Technical Host
  11. philpem (Phil). Technical Host
  12. markjw (Mark). Recording Video (Zoom)
  13. andrewvideo (Andrew). Recording Video (Zoom)
  14. Crowly (John). Recording Video (OBS)

Other guests
  1. Joe Myers
  2. Darryl Still
  3. Kevin Edwards

Attending
  1. daveejhitchins (Dave).
  2. hoglet (Dave).
  3. RobC (Rob).
  4. tricky (Richard).
  5. chrisn (Chris).
  6. Pernod (Nigel).
  7. acp (Andrew).
  8. cardboardguru ().
  9. klintworth (Paul).
  10. oss003 (Kees).
  11. billcarr2005 [Lurking]
  12. 0xC0DE
  13. DamoJay (Damian).
  14. helpful (Brian).
  15. Room5 (Simon).
  16. picosonic (Jasper).
  17. CJS (Chris).
  18. KenLowe (Ken).
  19. pixelblip (Mike).
  20. MarkMoxon (Mark).
  21. SpaceFlightOrange (James).
  22. Kecske Bak (Dave).
  23. trixster (Andy).
  24. pedro (Pedro).
  25. jubber (Robin).
  26. kieranhj (Kieran).
  27. swileman (Steve).
  28. markoceans (Mark).
  29. davidb (David).
  30. happycube (Chad).
  31. Dave Footitt (Dave).
  32. Coeus (Steve).
  33. SpicyNikNaks (Dean).
  34. IanS (Ian).
  35. philb (Phil).
  36. jgharston (Jonathan).
  37. elk1984 (???).
  38. scarybeasts (Chris).
  39. bleister (Bruce).
  40. VectorEyes
  41. JIM (James).
  42. sPhilMainwaring (Phil).
  43. JonHarrison (Jon).
  44. z0m8ied0g (Stephen).
  45. sbadger (Stew).
  46. SL72 (Steve).
  47. fwibbler (Graham).
  48. TimoHartong (Timo).
  49. mattyj (Matthew).
  50. SuperBadger77 (Rik).
Attachments
vABugAgenda_AllDay_13_April3rd2021_PNG.png
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
daveejhitchins

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #13, Saturday 3rd April 2021, 9am - midnight

Post by daveejhitchins »

Please add me for the morning and afternoon sessions.

Thanks - Dave H.
Available: ARA II : ARA III-JR/PR : ABR : AP5 : AP6 : ABE : ATI : MGC : Plus 1 Support ROM : Plus 3 2nd DA : Prime's Plus 3 ROM/RAM : Pegasus 400 : Prime's MRB : ARCIN32 : Cross-32
hoglet

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #13, Saturday 3rd April 2021, 9am - midnight

Post by hoglet »

All day please for me.
RobC

Post by RobC »

Add me all day please.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I'm in! (I don't usually manage to hang on for the very last session...)
SarahWalker

Post by SarahWalker »

Me for before 5 PM (when the Revision compos start!).
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Please count me in, for the whole day.
Atom / BBC B with Music 5000/4000/2000 / Electron / A3000 / Master 128
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

All day for me again please.
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
klintworth

Post by klintworth »

Yes please, aft/evening thanks! (morning Pacific Standard Time in Western Canada!! :D )
BBC B Issue 4 & 7, BBC B (USA), BBC Master, Electron, BBC Master Compact, Olivetti PC128S, Castle A7000+, A3020, Valiant Turtle, Trekker Robot
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Attendee list updated up to here.

39 places remaining.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

This time, I can only make the afternoon session.

Mark
oss003

Post by oss003 »

Me too please for the whole day ...

Greetings
Kees
billcarr2005

Post by billcarr2005 »

Count me in again please =D>
DamoJay

Post by DamoJay »

Love to be at this please... and if you need help with presentations, let me know. Thanks Damian.
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

Wouldn't want to miss it!
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
helpful

Post by helpful »

I'll be there from lunchtime onwards as usual.
RISC OS User Group Of London - https://www.rougol.jellybaby.net/
RISC OS London Show - https://www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk/
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

List updated up to here.

34 places remaining.
DamoJay wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:49 am If you need help with presentations, let me know. Thanks Damian.
Cheers Damian that's very kind I'll certainly be in touch this week! :)

If there's anyone else reading that would be willing to help prepare content for upcoming guest presentations that please let me know! Ta!
Room5

Post by Room5 »

Afternoon & evening please.

Cheers,
Simon.
picosonic

Post by picosonic »

Yes please, although I can only do evening
CJS

Post by CJS »

Hello,

I'd like to attend - morning and afternoon please.

Thanks,

Chris.
KenLowe

Post by KenLowe »

All day for me again, please.
DamoJay

Post by DamoJay »

Arcadian wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:09 am List updated up to here.

34 places remaining.
DamoJay wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:49 am If you need help with presentations, let me know. Thanks Damian.
Cheers Damian that's very kind I'll certainly be in touch this week! :)

If there's anyone else reading that would be willing to help prepare content for upcoming guest presentations that please let me know! Ta!
Excellent !! Don't forget to ping me, if it's my first assignment I might need some time to get up to speed. Cheers !!
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

DamoJay wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:25 pm Excellent !! Don't forget to ping me, if it's my first assignment I might need some time to get up to speed. Cheers !!
Ah, I replied to your Discord message on Tuesday - I think you might have missed it?
pixelblip

Post by pixelblip »

Yes please Dave. Thanks
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

List updated up to here.

28 places left.

Return to “past all-day virtual ABugs”